Tyldwick Lenormand!!! (Malpertuis, Chelsea, Lothrop, Sputnik, Arabian)

Linfang

It's on it's way to me, so hoping it will arrive in time for Christmas.

Lee

Neil Lovell actually has three Lenormand decks listed on his site. One is available now (Malpertuis Lenormand), and two are coming soon (Lothrop Lenormand and Chelsea Lenormand).

All of these decks look absolutely gorgeous. I'm not sure I'd like them for reading with, because it seems like for some of the cards the main symbol isn't as immediately apparent as I like. But they're beautiful for sure.

avalonian

Mine arrived yesterday and it is absolutely beautiful. Looks lovely, feels lovely, and the gilded edges are a wonderful colour, not a bright gold like on the Tyldwick Tarot, but more "old" looking, perfect match to the colours of the deck.

Feels like an extremely high quality deck, very special, and well worth every penny.

:) :heart: :)

Le Fanu

I need to get these. But need to think about money... :D

surpeti

The Malpertius cards are so beautiful, yet so costly! :eek:

Maybe a vain attempt to de-enable myself, but...I did notice a few downsides when browsing through the cards on the website. In the court card insets it's a bit hard to tell a jack from a king (such as Clouds-King of Clubs, who has a helmet instead of a crown). And the lady on the Storks card doesn't exactly look like Queen Victoria (ahem) while the Queen of Diamonds looks like a ravishing peasant.

Also the Garden card is a maze garden, which I could see myself confusing with Crossroads.

None of these are show-stoppers, but they would make for a split-second hesitation when reading (at least for me). Which wouldn't deter anyone who really wanted a very beautiful set of cards.

Asher

Mine arrived today, in time for the holidays!

It is a beautiful deck! It feels good in the hands, the gilding is exquisite, and it has an antique feel to it.

I look forward to using this deck for my New Year's GT.

lightpers

Finally Malpertuis Lenormand arrive in my hands! I am so happy with the quality of the cards and the design of the deck is just marvelous!

Madrigal

For those who are using this gorgeous deck, how are you liking it? Pros, cons? It's pricey but it has such texture and depth. Gorgeous! I'm tempted. I only have one Lenormand deck, the Mlle Lenormand Platnik and I like it though I've not waded too far into the waters with it. The Malpertuis has the kind of evocative images that I love while still maintaining roots with the original.

lightpers

The card stock is laminated with gloss, it did a bit dissapoint me a little because i kinda wanted a more grungy texture in my finger's skin? LOL but it is absolutely fabolous deck, it is much better than the scan, the images are sharp.

not to mention the backs are gorgeous

Morwenna

Looks nice, but what struck me is the Chelsea! How great would that be alongside the Aquarian Tarot! So I reserved! Actually, I want both versions! :D