Favorite Playing Cards method

mosaica

Thank you, cardlady. I've been wanting to learn to read playing cards for a while now and that site looks like a great place to start.

Crescent

I too just joined that site. I have been doing some reading on cartomancy and its very interesting!
thanks for the site.

olivia1

I like Kaph's system and Regina Russell's. I just started studying Regina's method about a week ago. I was wondering how long it took for those who have studied Regina Russell's or Kaph's method before you actually were able to get in depth and meaningful readings? And how much studying you did per day or week? With tarot, I'm not sure how long it took me?

I know it was less than a year, though. However, I was pretty intense about it (as I am with all new subjects that I take an interest in). I realize that playing cards are different ,though, and they could be harder or easier to learn. I would also imagine it would depend on the system you chose to learn.

Also, someone mentioned the Chita St.Lawrence method and how quick it was to pick up. So, for those of you who study that method, will you please share how long it also took you to read pretty well with that? Yes, I realize that it takes awhile to get good at a new reading method.

I am simply curious how long it took everyone else because I take an interest in these kind of things. I like having an estimate how long it took someone else to give myself an idea of how long it would probably take me. I went to a really competitive college so maybe this is a product of that :laugh:

hunter

I did some major studying of cartomancy a little while ago, trying to pick the "best" system and to make some progress mastering it. I fell flat on my face, overwhelmed and feeling so dark, and then had a fling with the fluffy Hanson-Roberts on rebound :-0

yon

Hello Everyone

I am also looking to find the method which makes me fell comfortable. I have looked into the hedgewytchery, Kapherus, Sophia, and a book by Leo Louis Martello. I have gone as far as making decks with illustrations on them of the hedgewytchery and one with Kapherus meanings so it would be easier to see how they came together and also makeing them my self helps me remember their meanings which is how I learned to use the Tarot.

For me the hardest part of reading regular playing cards is choosing the meaning at the moment of interpreting them in a spread. From what I have read it seems the intuition plays a big part and this makes me feel uneasy because what if my intuition is off. Unlike the Tarot method I use in which each card gives a meaning for what ever element the person is asking about. Of course this is useing a structured spread such as the Astrological or Celtic Cross.

Regular playing cards such as the Hearts deal with love etc. Diamonds- money and so and so forth as you all know. The problem is what if someone asks about love and all you get are diamond and clubs. I have seen many examples on how to use regular playing cards and how the spread can be given different interpretations or some even say that if there is a card that does not seem to fit in forget about it. There are others that say that the cards may not want to answer, mmmmm I can't swallow this one.

There was a site I found where it talked about you could force the cards to answer in a specific element. If you want to know about love then all you will use are the hearts. This way there is no getting off track and no intuition comes into play. This is not to say that I never use my intuition but I would like a method were the answer the cards are giving are more straight forward with less doubt and less room for error.

Here, where I live very few people use a structured spread if any and the most popular cards are the Spanish ones. Being as how the Tarot and regular playing cards speak on a different level (especialy for me since I use only the Major Arcana) is why my interest in regular playing cards. I suppose one could throw out the Major Arcana and use the miner like regular playing cards.

Ok I could go on and on and I am starting to think I should have posted this in another area or started a new thread.