Please help me understand my yod?

saren

Hi everyone, i am new here. I have attached my chart. My question is about a yod (isocelses triangle) i have showing on my chart, it's 2 quinquxes adjoining a sextile.

natal chiron in taurus, 4th house quinquxes both neptune in sag, 11th house and pluto in libra, 9th house, as well neptune and pluto form a sextile. It's a yod right ?

Can you explain what this means psychologically? Thank you

Minderwiz

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I didn't find an attachment, so there seems to have been a problem there. Rather than try again, you will find it easier to simply give your natal details and those will also make it easier for members who use their own software to construct their own version of the chart.

Taking the trouble to provide your details also makes it possible to look for alternative explanations, or spot other features which may have a major impact on the answer.

I'm not really the best person to answer your question, and I'll leave that for someone else to do. The only thing I would point out is that there may not be answer, or at least any answer will be controversial. Some Astrologers will go one way and others take a different approach, even down to whether there is such a thing as a 'yod', whether a quincunx is or is not an aspect and even whether Chiron or Pluto (or both) are of any major importance.

If you are following a psychological approach then the answer to all, or at least most of these is a definite 'yes'. I don't take a psychological approach, so my answer to most of these happens to be a definite 'no'. For me the quincunx is not an aspect, indeed it signifies the absence of an aspect. That doesn't mean that it has no meaning and is totally neutral but it does signify something that an aspect does not, the failure of two (or more) planets to relate or even to 'see' each other - they have no connection or any recognition that each other exists. Aspects bring planets together, for better or worse, whereas a quincunx (more properly an aversion or an inconjunct) signifies separation (of the principles involved)

saren

thanks for that :)