Your natal chart for this year?

CelestialHorse

I am curious, is there a way to find out what planets will be where be this year and does that help determine where you will be in life and what will be happening? :)

I would love learn more about astrology and what not. I find it interesting! I mostly know the basics lol.

A somewhat accurate psychic said planets are going in my favor starting this month and July which is good but I would like to know more about what, what planets? What houses? I would love to see that for myself :)

I'm one curious cat...er..horse?

dadsnook2000

Comments, reply

It is easy to find out where planets are this year --- to the extent that you pick a single day. They move constantly. Only the outer planets move so slowly that they can be said to be in one position relative to the natal chart. All the other whip about at various speeds that require one to be definitive about a date, even the time within a given date.

Where you are in life depends upon a variety of astrological processes and a great number of human life factors. How have you "shaped" your planets over the years based on your attitude, actions, beliefs, interactions with others, etc. What combinations of natal and transiting planets have shown themselves to be more present, less present, in your life? How has your upbringing as a child, your parents/family support, your neighborhood and work opportunities affected you? I don't want to make this seem difficult, but it sort of is.

Perhaps if you post your birth data --- date, time, location, present location --- someone may offer some brief observations. Dave

Minderwiz

To find where the planets are on any one day you can either:

Use an ephemeris. That is simply a table for the (usually) midnight position of the planets on each day of each year.

You can find one at:

http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

Just click on the year that you are interested in. Whilst this is the simplest method, as all you have to do is look for the year(s) and day(s) you are interested in, for all planets out to Jupiter, you will really need to do some maths to locate their position for any particular hour or even minute. For the Moon, this is almost essential, as it moves at around 12 to 14 degrees a day.

Alternatively you can download a freeware Astrology program such as Morinus, which will calculate and chart the positions for any hour that you want, on any day in any year. Such programs do all the maths for you and will even compare the current positions to the natal positions, so that you can look for transits (current planet aspecting a natal planet) If you are prepared to actually trade up to shareware, there's a good program called Astrology for Windows by Halloran Software. However it costs a few dollars to register.

At the top end you can get some programs which actually allow you to see the movements of the planets, either in real time or speeded up, over a continuous period. They are quite fascinating to watch but the cost is such that they only serious students will fork out the money - we're talking $100 - $400 here.

You can do the charting on www.asto.com and this is fine for one or two charts but it becomes a pain if you want to cast and save the charts for several days all at one go or several charts for different times during a particular day or days.

All of those will enable you to acccumulate a body of charts for a period that you're interested in. The trouble is, as Dave points out, interpreting these charts requires an investment of time and energy in learning at least the basics of Astrology. It's not an easy process but it is worth the effort, if you're really interested.

dadsnook2000

A quick note about current transits.

There is a program called Astro Clock 3.2 that keeps an updated small astro-chart showing transits. This pop-up window always shows the current transits. It is free to download and use. It costs a small amount to also be able to show the transits relative to your natal chart.

Minderwiz

Thanks Dave, that's a good piece of information. There's also Timaeus, which does a similar thing but for much more money.

Something that your post reminded me of was apps for smartphones and tablets, as there are several of these available which are either free or sell for a token amount. Planetdance and Tropical Skies are two such programs

dadsnook2000

Minderwiz

I can't picture myself at my computer desk with a cell phone or tablet also active in front of me. I have just had my son and his girlfriend visiting us here in New England from Washington, D.C. --- both of them had their I-pads in front of them constantly and at some times had laptops and drawing tablets out as well. Yet, they were adept enough to not let those dominate or interfere with good conversation. Instead it pointed our how very different life is between the generations.

This 'son' is an adopted grandson, so there is some 50 years between us even though we are very close and greatly enjoy each other's company. Every photo (taken frequently throughout the day) immediately and instantly goes to facebook. Every friend or business associate is immediately acknowledged. Every interest seems to come about electronically. It is all very different, even to someone like me who is half-way technical about these things.

Like astrology, if I want to jump into this way of life I'll have to make an investment of time, effort (and in this case, money).

Minderwiz

I can't picture myself at my computer desk with a cell phone or tablet also active in front of me. I have just had my son and his girlfriend visiting us here in New England from Washington, D.C. --- both of them had their I-pads in front of them constantly and at some times had laptops and drawing tablets out as well. Yet, they were adept enough to not let those dominate or interfere with good conversation. Instead it pointed our how very different life is between the generations.

This 'son' is an adopted grandson, so there is some 50 years between us even though we are very close and greatly enjoy each other's company. Every photo (taken frequently throughout the day) immediately and instantly goes to facebook. Every friend or business associate is immediately acknowledged. Every interest seems to come about electronically. It is all very different, even to someone like me who is half-way technical about these things.

Like astrology, if I want to jump into this way of life I'll have to make an investment of time, effort (and in this case, money).

:):):)

Well, I know people sat at their computer desk who are facebook addicts. but I certainly take your point :) :) :)

BTW there are quite a lot of prominent Astrologers who use facebook, as like many businesses it's a way of advertising as well as a way of meeting others. I have used it for Astrology contacts but it's not something I pursue...indeed facebook itself is soemthing I don't particularly like. The only Astrologer I have much contact with is Helena Averlar and our contacts seem to be mainly about cats and animal rights LOL.

Most of the Astrology apps I've looked at are quite poor and indeed the ones I mentioned are not ones that I would rely on as my sole or even main means of casting a chart. They do however allow me to cast the odd horary when I'm away from my computer desk.

Minderwiz

:):):)

Well, I know people sat at their computer desk who are facebook addicts. but I certainly take your point :) :) :)

BTW there are quite a lot of prominent Astrologers who use facebook, as like many businesses it's a way of advertising as well as a way of meeting others. I have used it for Astrology contacts but it's not something I pursue...indeed facebook itself is soemthing I don't particularly like. The only Astrologer I have much contact with is Helena Averlar and our contacts seem to be mainly about cats and animal rights LOL.

Most of the Astrology apps I've looked at are quite poor and indeed the ones I mentioned are not ones that I would rely on as my sole or even main means of casting a chart. They do however allow me to cast the odd horary when I'm away from my computer desk.

CelestialHorse

To find where the planets are on any one day you can either:

Use an ephemeris. That is simply a table for the (usually) midnight position of the planets on each day of each year.

You can find one at:

http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

Just click on the year that you are interested in. Whilst this is the simplest method, as all you have to do is look for the year(s) and day(s) you are interested in, for all planets out to Jupiter, you will really need to do some maths to locate their position for any particular hour or even minute. For the Moon, this is almost essential, as it moves at around 12 to 14 degrees a day.

Alternatively you can download a freeware Astrology program such as Morinus, which will calculate and chart the positions for any hour that you want, on any day in any year. Such programs do all the maths for you and will even compare the current positions to the natal positions, so that you can look for transits (current planet aspecting a natal planet) If you are prepared to actually trade up to shareware, there's a good program called Astrology for Windows by Halloran Software. However it costs a few dollars to register.

At the top end you can get some programs which actually allow you to see the movements of the planets, either in real time or speeded up, over a continuous period. They are quite fascinating to watch but the cost is such that they only serious students will fork out the money - we're talking $100 - $400 here.

You can do the charting on www.asto.com and this is fine for one or two charts but it becomes a pain if you want to cast and save the charts for several days all at one go or several charts for different times during a particular day or days.

All of those will enable you to acccumulate a body of charts for a period that you're interested in. The trouble is, as Dave points out, interpreting these charts requires an investment of time and energy in learning at least the basics of Astrology. It's not an easy process but it is worth the effort, if you're really interested.

Thanks! Hm the program you told me about is it saying for what lat. and longittude the city I was born in? Confusing and yeah it does sound hard XD I wonder if the planets that give me most trouble has been sticking around the past few years. Some years are better than others, personally I HATE this year, it be cool to find out what planet it is to see when it will leave and what not. Astrologers make it seem so easy they will say Oh this planet will go here making your life more easier, etc.

There is a program called Astro Clock 3.2 that keeps an updated small astro-chart showing transits. This pop-up window always shows the current transits. It is free to download and use. It costs a small amount to also be able to show the transits relative to your natal chart.
Oooh, I will have to check it out :) Though how will I know what planet is working for/against me? D:

Minderwiz

Thanks! Hm the program you told me about is it saying for what lat. and longittude the city I was born in? Confusing and yeah it does sound hard XD I wonder if the planets that give me most trouble has been sticking around the past few years. Some years are better than others, personally I HATE this year, it be cool to find out what planet it is to see when it will leave and what not. Astrologers make it seem so easy they will say Oh this planet will go here making your life more easier, etc.

Morinus has a search function, so if the city you are interested in is not in its local database, it will look it up and give you the details. Don't expect it to be as comprehensive as some of the expensive ones but if all else fails, cast your chart on astro.com and note the latitude and longitude. Then put them into Morinus and add it to the local database.