Hellenistic Astrology

Minderwiz

This is fascinating Minderwiz, I'm still willing to be your guinea pig. Shall I PM you details for you to cast my chart?

Yes! That would be great, thank you

Minderwiz

You still have the permission to use my chart. ;)

Thanks Ronia :). You and Ana will be my guinea pigs here and Dave has also indicated I can use his chart too.

Minderwiz

I'll start with Ronia's chart but I need to include a preliminary statement on the meaining of the planets - Hellenisitic keywords if you like. These come from Robert Schmidt and are from an analysis he did of the references made by a variety of authors;

Sun: the principle of selection
Moon: To gather and include
Mercury: To destabilise and contest
Venus To reconcile and unify
Mars: To sever and separate
Jupiter: To command and stabilise
Saturn: To exclude and reject

These are the 'core principles' that they represent. It's worth noting that if you consider their sign rulerships, for any pair of signs in opposition, their rulers also give opposite meanings. Look at Taurus and Scorpio for example. Venus is reconciling and unifying whilst Mars is separating and severing.

I can see that these keywords could be very useful in a moder context, not just in the context of Hellenistic Astrology

Ronia

Very interesting keywords about Mercury and Mars. I'm curious how this applies!

dadsnook2000

Keywords

The polarity inherent in these keywords suggests a daily-life struggle of black and white forces impacting the individual. Not much moderation there. Perhaps that is a sign of the times and culture. Bringing this into a modern chart might be more conditioned upon the individual than one's family or local neighborhood life in this day and age. Dave

Minderwiz

The polarity inherent in these keywords suggests a daily-life struggle of black and white forces impacting the individual. Not much moderation there. Perhaps that is a sign of the times and culture. Bringing this into a modern chart might be more conditioned upon the individual than one's family or local neighborhood life in this day and age. Dave

I think we need to remember that these are principles. Firstly they might not exist in a conflict situation - for example I might choose to exclude sugars from my diet because I want to live a healthier lifestyle. Even where they do seem to be in conflict it's only the extremes that might be shown by an opposition. It's not uncommon for an individual to have conflicts over particular issues or choices. For example there is a family member who is being divisive or disruptive and they are torn between trying to unite the family group or severe the ties with the disruptive member. This would be a Mars/Venus conflict, but it would only be a serious one if there was an opposition in the nativity

Nor does it have to be a mega issue. Do I select Sally for an invitation to our New Year's Eve party or do I exclude her from the guest list. There's a conflict of principles involved but that conflict might not be a serious one as far as I'm concerned. (I hope Sally doesn't read this :) )

In reality it's much more likely that these principles will not directly conflict in a chart, Mars and Venus for example are more likely to have a relationship that is somewhere in between in a chart. If there are aspects that indicate a choice between the princples, then that doesn't exclude some form of conflict resolution. Thus reconciliation of the principles might well be indicated by a trine or sextile, even a square might simply indicate difficulties in resolving a conflicting set of choices. And if they are out of aspect entirely then we may be excercising these principles in situations where there is no conflict at all (I choose to select Sally for the New Year Party but to exclude sugars from my diet - the first will be shown by the Sun, the second by Saturn).

Conflicts, though are not something that only existed in Hellenistic times, I think even a modern psychological approach might recognise conflicting demands being made on someone, even by themselves, and be oriented towards conflict resolution. All that the chart would do is indicate if there is a conflict and quite possibly how we might resolve it.

Minderwiz

Preliminary Natal Analysis for Ronia (Part 1)

I'm using more than one post here so this one will look at the Ascendant ruler and it's domicile ruler.

Ronia Preliminary Natal Analysis - 1

I'll start by looking at the ruler of t he Ascendant. Ronia has Capricorn rising so the ruler is Saturn. Saturn is placed in the eighth 'place' (The Hellenisitic Astrologers referred to the signs as the 'houses' of the planets and used the word 'place' to refer to what we now call the houses of the chart). This is not a fortunate placement for two main reasons. Firstly the eighth is not configured to the Ascendant, so Saturn cannot 'see' the place it rules and secondly the eighth place is the sign of Leo, where Saturn is in Detriment (though it is in its own decan).

Vettius Valens and other Hellenisitic Astrologers say we should always look at the ruler of the sign in which the ruler of the Ascendant falls and that is the Sun. The Sun is in the eleventh place, which isa good placement being succeedent to the tenth. It is also the House of the Good Spirit and configured to the Ascendant by sextile. The Sun may be of help in Saturn being able to fulfill its role as 'Captain of the Ship' The Sun is the sect Light, as this is a day chart, moreover Saturn is a diurnal planet, so despite the bad placement it is at least in the place of a 'sect mate' or planet of the same sect.

The Sun however is in an 'alien place' that is it is not in any dignity of a diurnal planet, as it is placed in Scorpio, a nocturnal sign. This reduces the Sun's ability to help. Although the Sun is in the same sign as the MC, it is not within 5 degrees of it, which would indicate according to Schmidt a lack of enthusiasm for its agenda, including helping the Ascendant ruler. However Schmidt's definition here seems to refer to being very close to an angle in a quadrant house system and given that the Sun is in the same sign as the angle, it would seem to me that it's enthusiasm level is at least moderately high if not as vigorous as it could be (personal view). There's the issue of whether the Sun is likely to successfully complete it's 'agenda', which is influenced by whether the Moon is applying to it (the Moon governs events in the 'sublunar' universe, i.e. mundane matters on Earth). The Moon is applying to the Sun by degree (the Moon is allowed an orb of 13 degrees, unlike the other planets) so this looks promising. The Sun is in a fixed sign (the Hellenistic Astrologers called it a 'solid' sign) and even in modern times we take fixed signs as staying the course. In terms of configurations, the Sun is in a close square with Saturn by degree and the balance between these two is close. In medieval terms there is reception here and as Saturn is of the same sect, this is probably going to be more a very uneasy alliance than outright warfare. So the only real problem with the Sun is being in an 'alien place', everything else is positive.

Returning to Saturn, I note that it is conjunct the Lot of Eros, which perhaps explains all those horaries relating to relationships ;) and perhaps that will be taken up later in Stage 3 examination of topics. Taking Schmidt's list of factors which indicate whether the planet is going to be effective, it's worth noting that the eighth is at least a succedent sign and therefore 'good for business'. Saturn is also Direct and rises before the Sun both of which Schmidt sees as being good in Hellenistic terms. According to the PNA Wizard in Delphic Oracle, Saturn should be 'goaded' or enthusiastic but here I must admit to something of a problem as even using a quadrant house system it is not within the 5 degrees of an angle, so this is something I'm going to have to research a bit more. Hellenisitic Astrology uses three lords for each triplicity, and the triplicity lords for Leo are Sun, Jupiter and Saturn (not Mars as Mars is a nocturnal planet, despite ruling Aries). So Saturn has some positive connection with Leo despite its Detriment. The Moon is also applying to Saturn and it's in a solid or fixed sign (see above for Sun). Despite being a malefic, Saturn is the malefic of the sect in favour, so it's likely to be less damaging. It is above the horizon, where a diurnal planet should be in a diurnal chart and it's in a masculine sign. So there's a lot of positive indicators there for Saturn. Saturn is also trined by Jupiter from Gemini. Jupiter is the Benefic of Sect, so it's more likely to be helpful to Saturn than Venus and the configuration is therefore a good indicator. Jupiter's own condition will be examined in the next post. The main drawback is that it's not configured to the Ascendant but there are mitigating factors, the relationship to Saturn is going to be a key.

Minderwiz

Ronia Preliminary Natal Analysis - 2

For the other five planets the situation is:

Jupiter

Jupiter is the benefic of sect. Jupiter is in the fourth place and therefore at one of the pivots of the chart. Jupiter is in a diurnal sign (Aries) but is retrograde and is not rising with sect (below the Earth when the Sun is up). According to Chris Brennan, the issues of being in a sign of the wrong sect or rising contrary to sect were not particularly serious debilities for the Hellenistic Astrologers, unlike the later Arab Astrologers. I'm therefore not going to place much emphasis on those 'debilities' but being retrograde is more serious and seems to indicate that the planet will 'stumble' from time to time. Jupiter is squared by Mars, the out of sect malefic, so this too should be taken as something of a challenge. to Jupiter's 'performance' However as Jupiter is the planet on the right (earlier in the zodiac) and the aspect is wide by degree, Jupiter will 'overcome' Mars, moreover as Mars is Jupiter's ruler whilst there will be tension between them, in a medieval context, Mars has received Jupiter into Aries and therefore can't be too nasty towards him, so to speak. Jupiter is not 'goaded', or 'enthusiastic' so to what extend ti's configuration to the Ascendant ruler will be helpful is something that is not clear at this stage.

Moon

The Moon is angular in the seventh place and in her own sign of Cancer. She is not however the light of sect. The Moon is also angular from the tenth place Lot of Fortune, so she will be significant when considering either events outside your control or issues of health.

[he Moon is squared by Jupiter, the benefic of sect, so there might be grudging support from Jupiter. The Moon is also rising contrary to sect (she is above the sky when the Sun rises).The Moon is also contained (or beseiged) by the two Malefics, Saturn and Mars, so there will be constraints on her 'actions' How these show up will be a matter for consideration when I get to Stage 3.

The Moon too is 'goaded' or 'enthusiastic, whether it will aid Saturn or not is going to be one of those issues in the following sections.

Venus

Venus' importance is that she rules the Lot of Fortune, though she is not configured to it. Venus is the out of sect benefic. Shs is in the ninth place (House of God). As a nocturnal planet, she is above the horizon in a diurnal chart (small negative) but in a nocturnal sign, (small positive). The ninth is a cadent or 'declining' sign so that reduces Venus' potential to act. Venus is configured to the Ascendant by trine and Venus is connected to the Moon, though by a separating sextile. This is not as powerful as an application but it's better than being unconfigured or 'separated'. Venus is also sextiled by Mars, the out of sect malefic. This is not a hard aspect so I don't see it causing any major difficulties. As noted in the previous post Venus is in sextile to the Sun. Finally Venus has risen before the Sun (she was a Morning Star).

Venus is ruled by Mercury, which by place and triplicity is strong, so Mercury may help Venus but the two are not directly configured.

Mars

Mars is the out of sect malefic, and thus potentially the planet that could signify the most harm in the nativity. Mars is in Cancer in seventh place, but below the Descendant, so it is a nocturnal planet in a nocturnal sign and below the horizon, so it's negative sect quality is not excerbated beyond simply being out of sect.

The only configurations of Mars that have not yet been mentioned is that it squares Mercury in the tenth place and also squares the Lot of Fortune. The latter is at best double edged, in that Mars is angular from the Lot and therefore active in matters relating to circumstances not of your own making and to your health, but as it is the out of sect malefic, these activities are unlikely to be positive.

Mercury

This is a diurnal chart and Mercury is in the tenth place and in a diurnal sign. So Mercury is 'playing for the sect in favour'. Mercury is configured to the Ascendant (pivotal) and also to the Lot of Fortune (also pivotal) so Mercury should be playing an active role in your life. Mercury is Direct and has risen before the Sun. In a Cardinal sign, Mercury is likely to be good at initiating but not necessarily seeing things through. The same goes for the Moon, Mars and Jupiter.

Mercury has one further characteristic of immediate note. It is in 'phasis'. This translates as .making an appearance or speaking - drawing attention to itself.Astrologically this means that in the period of 7 days either side of birth it either stationed retrograde or direct, or makes a helical rising,, either just before Sunrise or just after sunset. In this case Mercury appeared to set just before sunrise. Planets in phasis become emphasised for better or worse in the life of the native. This might show more clearly in Stage 4 looking at prediction methods, you may find that Mercury periods are significant ones in your life.

For the moment that concludes the PNA for Ronia but I have one or two issues that I well may come back on. The main ones being clarification of 'goading' and something that seems very relevant to the 'ship of life' analogy, the four winds.

I'll do the PNA for Ana, and then I can move on and try my hand at the 'ship of life'

Ana's Song

I'll start with Ronia's chart but I need to include a preliminary statement on the meaining of the planets - Hellenisitic keywords if you like. These come from Robert Schmidt and are from an analysis he did of the references made by a variety of authors;

Sun: the principle of selection
Moon: To gather and include
Mercury: To destabilise and contest
Venus To reconcile and unify
Mars: To sever and separate
Jupiter: To command and stabilise
Saturn: To exclude and reject

These are the 'core principles' that they represent. It's worth noting that if you consider their sign rulerships, for any pair of signs in opposition, their rulers also give opposite meanings. Look at Taurus and Scorpio for example. Venus is reconciling and unifying whilst Mars is separating and severing.

I can see that these keywords could be very useful in a moder context, not just in the context of Hellenistic Astrology
These keywords are very interesting. They seem to encompass many shades of grey running the full gamut between each set of keywords.

Minderwiz, forgive my ignorance or if we've covered this before, but are we ignoring the outer planets on the basis that they hadn't been discovered at the time Hellenistic Astrology was in vogue (for lack of a better term)? I remember reading something a long time ago that stated the ancients suspected other planets existed but could not prove it, and that the true rulers of Scorpio, Aquarius, Virgo, Pisces, and Taurus would be discovered much later than their time... This might be a bit of an OT though!

Ronia

Minderwiz, very interesting. I’m not sure I understand it all as I’m just now starting to read about all this but I’ll try to add a few words here and there as a feedback, as much as I can.
I'll start by looking at the ruler of the Ascendant. Ronia has Capricorn rising so the ruler is Saturn. Saturn is placed in the eighth 'place' (The Hellenisitic Astrologers referred to the signs as the 'houses' of the planets and used the word 'place' to refer to what we now call the houses of the chart). This is not a fortunate placement for two main reasons. Firstly the eighth is not configured to the Ascendant, so Saturn cannot 'see' the place it rules and secondly the eighth place is the sign of Leo, where Saturn is in Detriment (though it is in its own decan).

Vettius Valens and other Hellenisitic Astrologers say we should always look at the ruler of the sign in which the ruler of the Ascendant falls and that is the Sun. The Sun is in the eleventh place, which is a good placement being succedent to the tenth. It is also the House of the Good Spirit and configured to the Ascendant by sextile. The Sun may be of help in Saturn being able to fulfill its role as 'Captain of the Ship' The Sun is the sect Light, as this is a day chart, moreover Saturn is a diurnal planet, so despite the bad placement it is at least in the place of a 'sect mate' or planet of the same sect.
If I understand correctly, this all makes the Sun the “captain of the ship” and not Saturn? Also, isn’t the Ascendant ruling the body, the outer appearance and affecting relationships with others being opposite the Descendant while the Sun is our inner drive and core? I’m a bit confused here because I’ve always felt Saturn’s transits very strongly while Sun is much too fast to be felt, IMHO. I, for one, hardly feel the Sun even when it’s making an aspect to a natal planet. However, I feel very strongly the sign of the Sun and can say about myself that much of what is written about my sun sign is 100% true for me. I’m kind of a typical representative of the sign and usually act as one. To the point where a person from my closest family died in an accident an hour before I was born. Not to mention that death has been a constant presence since my day one. The books were right in my case. I also feel strongly the Sun's annual transit to natal Venus, I wrote about it below at the Venus section.

The Sun however is in an 'alien place' that is it is not in any dignity of a diurnal planet, as it is placed in Scorpio, a nocturnal sign. This reduces the Sun's ability to help. Although the Sun is in the same sign as the MC, it is not within 5 degrees of it, which would indicate according to Schmidt a lack of enthusiasm for its agenda, including helping the Ascendant ruler. However Schmidt's definition here seems to refer to being very close to an angle in a quadrant house system and given that the Sun is in the same sign as the angle, it would seem to me that it's enthusiasm level is at least moderately high if not as vigorous as it could be (personal view).
Hm. I’m not sure what this means. I usually get what I want once I set my eyes on it. Even if I have to wait for years and turn the world upside down, I get it. LOL
There's the issue of whether the Sun is likely to successfully complete it's 'agenda', which is influenced by whether the Moon is applying to it (the Moon governs events in the 'sublunar' universe, i.e. mundane matters on Earth). The Moon is applying to the Sun by degree (the Moon is allowed an orb of 13 degrees, unlike the other planets) so this looks promising. The Sun is in a fixed sign (the Hellenistic Astrologers called it a 'solid' sign) and even in modern times we take fixed signs as staying the course. In terms of configurations, the Sun is in a close square with Saturn by degree and the balance between these two is close. In medieval terms there is reception here and as Saturn is of the same sect, this is probably going to be more a very uneasy alliance than outright warfare. So the only real problem with the Sun is being in an 'alien place', everything else is positive.
Again, I don’t know about the “alien” place… I’m not going to say things come easier to me although I realize I shouldn’t complain because some of them have come quite easily indeed, but the really big things have needed patience, careful planning, observing, waiting, perseverance… but they happen. Also, I’ve always thought my main struggle was the conjunction Moon/Saturn in conflict with my Sun. I wrote below about the “close” to me women in my life and they felt like a fork on my throat for many years. It took me a long time to deal with it and I felt like it was a fight between mea as I am (Sun) against them and the restrictions they brought into my life (Moon/Saturn).

Returning to Saturn, I note that it is conjunct the Lot of Eros, which perhaps explains all those horaries relating to relationships ;) and perhaps that will be taken up later in Stage 3 examination of topics.
:D The thing is relationships have always been a vital part of my life but this goes far beyond romantic relationships. In fact, everything that has happened in my life, for good or bad, has been based on important relationships and connections with other people. Work, career, money, endings, moving, big life changes, etc.
Taking Schmidt's list of factors which indicate whether the planet is going to be effective, it's worth noting that the eighth is at least a succedent sign and therefore 'good for business'. Saturn is also Direct and rises before the Sun both of which Schmidt sees as being good in Hellenistic terms. According to the PNA Wizard in Delphic Oracle, Saturn should be 'goaded' or enthusiastic but here I must admit to something of a problem as even using a quadrant house system it is not within the 5 degrees of an angle, so this is something I'm going to have to research a bit more. Hellenisitic Astrology uses three lords for each triplicity, and the triplicity lords for Leo are Sun, Jupiter and Saturn (not Mars as Mars is a nocturnal planet, despite ruling Aries). So Saturn has some positive connection with Leo despite its Detriment. The Moon is also applying to Saturn and it's in a solid or fixed sign (see above for Sun). Despite being a malefic, Saturn is the malefic of the sect in favour, so it's likely to be less damaging. It is above the horizon, where a diurnal planet should be in a diurnal chart and it's in a masculine sign. So there's a lot of positive indicators there for Saturn.
As I said above, I’ve always felt Saturn’s movement strongly. The thing is that I also experience events based on his transits that are very literal according to which house he’s passing through. Meaning, he brings exactly what is written in the books about the house. My Saturn return, for one, was an absolutely glorious time. Everything fell into place like touched with a magic wand and again, was based on relations, connections and relationships with various people. The right people showed up at the right time and it was a smooth sailing for me, everything I wanted came true in a very short time period.

Saturn is also trined by Jupiter from Gemini. Jupiter is the Benefic of Sect, so it's more likely to be helpful to Saturn than Venus and the configuration is therefore a good indicator. Jupiter's own condition will be examined in the next post. The main drawback is that it's not configured to the Ascendant but there are mitigating factors, the relationship to Saturn is going to be a key.
Jupiter is a double edged sword for me, IMHO. I have had pleasant times which I can easily recall, especially during my Jupiter returns which usually play out quite literally in accordance with Jupiter’s nature (studying, travelling, optimism, luck) but I’ve also noticed that each time he turns retrograde he takes something important from me. Most of the times it’s been money.

For the other five planets the situation is:

Jupiter

Jupiter is the benefic of sect. Jupiter is in the fourth place and therefore at one of the pivots of the chart. Jupiter is in a diurnal sign (Aries) but is retrograde and is not rising with sect (below the Earth when the Sun is up). According to Chris Brennan, the issues of being in a sign of the wrong sect or rising contrary to sect were not particularly serious debilities for the Hellenistic Astrologers, unlike the later Arab Astrologers. I'm therefore not going to place much emphasis on those 'debilities' but being retrograde is more serious and seems to indicate that the planet will 'stumble' from time to time. Jupiter is squared by Mars, the out of sect malefic, so this too should be taken as something of a challenge to Jupiter's 'performance' However as Jupiter is the planet on the right (earlier in the zodiac) and the aspect is wide by degree, Jupiter will 'overcome' Mars, moreover as Mars is Jupiter's ruler whilst there will be tension between them, in a medieval context, Mars has received Jupiter into Aries and therefore can't be too nasty towards him, so to speak. Jupiter is not 'goaded', or 'enthusiastic' so to what extend this configuration to the Ascendant ruler will be helpful is something that is not clear at this stage.
I tried to recall some events from the times Mars has conjunct natal Jupiter and the other way around but I couldn’t. This year Jupiter is going to conjunct natal Mars in the summer again and I am planning another big change (moving) for this time period. Otherwise, I am not sure about Jupiter… or Mars. These two have been a bit of a mystery for me. Despite the fact that Mars is the Sun ruler as well… and in trine to the Sun…
However, the most significant for me event, the birth of my son, happened on a day when Jupiter was conjunct the Ascendant (one degree applying) and transiting Mars was exactly conjunct natal Mars. Mercury and Venus were conjunct in the 1st (Placidus), Sun in the 2nd was opposite Venus in the 8th. This was not a date I had chosen (c-section) but I believe things happen at the right time, so I let my doctor decide on the date. As a result my son has many of my natal aspects in his chart. By the way, Saturn was retro at this point and on the cusp of the 8th (Placidus).

P.S. I've been following a progressive Jupiter which is retro and thanks to this will make a trine with progressive Mercury. Same is true for retro progressive Mars who will trine Venus. Both will happen in the second half of the year.

Moon

The Moon is angular in the seventh place and in her own sign of Cancer. She is not however the light of sect. The Moon is also angular from the tenth place Lot of Fortune, so she will be significant when considering either events outside your control or issues of health.
Considering how fast the Moon is, how can we follow if she did have a role in health issues? I’ve noticed Mars on the Ascendant, for example, usually does bring a cut or an injury but the Moon? I can certainly connect her to pregnancy as it lasts longer, not sure if I can recall anything else though, she’s too fast. Mood swings, yes, but not else.

The Moon is squared by Jupiter, the benefic of sect, so there might be grudging support from Jupiter. The Moon is also rising contrary to sect (she is above the sky when the Sun rises).The Moon is also contained (or beseiged) by the two Malefics, Saturn and Mars, so there will be constraints on her 'actions' How these show up will be a matter for consideration when I get to Stage 3.
The Moon in my chart for many years signified my absent family, all I have not had, abuse, violence, etc. Coming from women and those were close ones. I did shut the door though. At the time of my Saturn return, and never looked back. 

The Moon too is 'goaded' or 'enthusiastic, whether it will aid Saturn or not is going to be one of those issues in the following sections.
I’ve always thought of the Moon/Saturn conjunction as a very literal description of all the pressure I had from these women in my life. Probably it has another explanation based on the ancient astrology.

Venus

Venus' importance is that she rules the Lot of Fortune, though she is not configured to it. Venus is the out of sect benefic. She is in the ninth place (House of God). As a nocturnal planet, she is above the horizon in a diurnal chart (small negative) but in a nocturnal sign, (small positive). The ninth is a cadent or 'declining' sign so that reduces Venus' potential to act. Venus is configured to the Ascendant by trine and Venus is connected to the Moon, though by a separating sextile. This is not as powerful as an application but it's better than being unconfigured or 'separated'. Venus is also sextiled by Mars, the out of sect malefic. This is not a hard aspect so I don't see it causing any major difficulties. As noted in the previous post Venus is in sextile to the Sun. Finally Venus has risen before the Sun (she was a Morning Star).

Venus is ruled by Mercury, which by place and triplicity is strong, so Mercury may help Venus but the two are not directly configured.
Now, I’m a bit confused here because I have seen Venus as a player in the 8th (Placidus) and indeed, I have always had the other’s money, this has been an universal rule in my life. No matter how much I’ve wanted and tried to make my own money, one way or another, I end up with my money wasted but someone else’s money present and ready to be used. Not my dream exactly but a fact. If I take the Venus as a 9th house player, then it probably explains my love for travelling, foreign lands, the urge to be on the road, to get away and to be free… Also, I’ve been in relationships with foreigners often, married abroad, my work has taken me to foreign lands, I worked with foreign people… How about the mutual reception Venus/Mercury, is it significant in ancient astrology?

One amusing fact about my Venus: my affections/relationships almost always change/start at the time she is returning to her natal position or Sun is conjunct natal Venus. I've followed this for years and it keeps happening. Not because I want it to happen at this point but many other things happen so I turn my attention towards someone around the first ten days of September or later in October. Fact.

Mars

Mars is the out of sect malefic, and thus potentially the planet that could signify the most harm in the nativity. Mars is in Cancer in seventh place, but below the Descendant, so it is a nocturnal planet in a nocturnal sign and below the horizon, so it's negative sect quality is not excerbated beyond simply being out of sect.

The only configurations of Mars that have not yet been mentioned is that it squares Mercury in the tenth place and also squares the Lot of Fortune. The latter is at best double edged, in that Mars is angular from the Lot and therefore active in matters relating to circumstances not of your own making and to your health, but as it is the out of sect malefic, these activities are unlikely to be positive.
Well, I’ve had many injuries as a child, I’ve also been on the way to the other world four times, but have come back. LOL I am prone to accidents, I do like aggressive sports and competition, was in sports myself, spent many years competing, had to stop because of the many injuries. But I keep doing sports every day, it’s vital for me. On the other hand, my son was born at a Mars/Mars conjunction. How about the Mars’s trine to the Sun?

Mercury

This is a diurnal chart and Mercury is in the tenth place and in a diurnal sign. So Mercury is 'playing for the sect in favour'. Mercury is configured to the Ascendant (pivotal) and also to the Lot of Fortune (also pivotal) so Mercury should be playing an active role in your life. Mercury is Direct and has risen before the Sun. In a Cardinal sign, Mercury is likely to be good at initiating but not necessarily seeing things through. The same goes for the Moon, Mars and Jupiter.
Since my profession is Mercurian to a certain extend (related to communications), it’s probably good that he is in the 10th. My dream has always been to be a writer, not successful up till now. Who knows… I’m not sure I have noticed much of his role otherwise, though…

Mercury has one further characteristic of immediate note. It is in 'phasis'. This translates as .making an appearance or speaking - drawing attention to itself.Astrologically this means that in the period of 7 days either side of birth it either stationed retrograde or direct, or makes a helical rising,, either just before Sunrise or just after sunset. In this case Mercury appeared to set just before sunrise. Planets in phasis become emphasised for better or worse in the life of the native. This might show more clearly in Stage 4 looking at prediction methods, you may find that Mercury periods are significant ones in your life.
I’m not sure if I get this one. He wants to be noticed would probably explain my desire to write but if he draws attention, then… I’m not complaining, I usually do draw attention but not of Mercurian nature. LOL

For the moment that concludes the PNA for Ronia but I have one or two issues that I well may come back on. The main ones being clarification of 'goading' and something that seems very relevant to the 'ship of life' analogy, the four winds.
Thanks, Minderwiz. It is interesting although I’m afraid I don’t understand it all.