timing of an event

Larxene

Can you rephrase the question? I'm not sure what the question is.

MandMaud

Can you rephrase the question? I'm not sure what the question is.

Aaagh, sorry, yes I do that to people sometimes! lol

I'll try to explain. Last year I changed my name by deed poll (18 May 2013). I got a chart from AstroDienst, and at the time I had a look at it as if it were a natal chart. The new name represented a new beginning, almost a birth. (I chose that date because it's the anniversary of another "birth", 18 May 2006.) But really we're talking an inceptional chart, aren't we? Not electional or horary, I'm sure.

... As an aside (I'm really trying NOT to go off at tangents, but when I'm this new to a subject I can't help it), I've had a lot of "births" in my life so far, which of course have been "deaths". Which I associate with being an "Eighth House person" as the book talks about, I forget the author but I've read the book. Sun in the 8th.

Larxene

Yes, it's an inceptional chart.

Sun in the 8th can mean death of a father or father figure, death of an authority figure, death of the native, etc. What about it?

MandMaud

Yes, it's an inceptional chart.

Sun in the 8th can mean death of a father or father figure, death of an authority figure, death of the native, etc. What about it?

I hadn't thought of the father connection - I've never met my father, and when I found out where he was, he refuses to acknowledge I exist... By "deaths" I mean both literally some bereavements (two sudden, one very traumatic), but also at least three life events that I think of as having died - two of them I was referring to as "dying" long before I came across the shamanic concept of dying to be reborn - or any other traditions of that shape, such as Osiris or Odin, except the downright obvious* one of Jesus.

* Obvious to anyone brought up within the Christian church, as I was.

This is the book I was thinking of: Carmen Turner Schott's 'Mysteries of the Eighth Astrological House' http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1450534503/ref=rdr_ext_tmb