Princes and chariots

Sulis

I`ll start by saying that I`ve done a search and nothing came up so I apologise in advance if this has already been covered.
I`m very new to my studies with Thoth, I`m not using a book as yet as I like to get more of an intuitive feel for the cards before I start getting heavily influenced by someone elses point of view.
So far I`m really loving this deck. I`m finding that I prefer the `moody` minors to fully illustrated ones: I see what I need to see in them and not some other artists impression of what I should see, does that make sense?
Anyway, on to my question; The Princes are all riding chariots, could someone tell me the significance of this, it`s been puzzling me.

Love and light

Crystalmynx xx

Richard1

Well, according to the Book of Thoth, "The Prince is the son of the Queen (the old King's daughter) by the Knight who has won her; he is therefore represented as in a chariot, going forth to carry out the combined Energy of his parents. He is the active issue of their union, and its manifestation." Hence having the Princes on thrones (as the RWS does with the kings) would be inappropriate here.
I might be wrong here, but I think the chariots were also a part of the Golden Dawn deck, so this is one instance where Crowley is following tradition.

Sulis

Thanks Richard

Crystalmynx xx

Diwha

Hi Sulis

I have found on the chariots that they Symbolize
A single-minded pursuit of self-realization,
Forceful revolution,
Forward movement and direction.

Diwha

Dean

U,k

The princes on their Chariots always says that they are in movement with one's life situation, or the beginning of a new phase in which the force of one's will can change at anytime. Enthusiastic - Excitible - young man.