Quincunx, do you read them ?

Sharla

In regards to a horary chart, i've been reading online that someone people include them and some don't.

In a recent chart i've done, the only applying aspect i have between my Asc and the quesited is a quincunx......i'm not sure if i should dismiss this aspect with it being a quincunx, and then basically i have no aspect, so my answers a No. Or include the quincunx, even though i understand it's not a major aspect.

Anybody know what i should do ?

Sharla

Just clicked back to the page i've been reading, and yes i'm sure now you don't include them in horary, they're irrelevant and of little use.

"The nature of the aspect will tell us how difficult the process will be. In horary we look only at the ptolomeic aspects ie conjunction, square, opposition, trine and sextile."

So because i only have a quincunx aspect, my chart is telling me No.

Minderwiz

The quincunx used to be known as an inconjunct or averse relationship between two planets (along with the 30 degree relationship, now called a semisextile). An inconjunct or averse relationship was not an aspect, as defined by the founders of Horoscopic Astrology because it did not conform to the seven rays of Hellenistic optical theory. However it was not without meaning - it denoted a situation where one planet could not see another and therefore could not interact with it.

The inconjunct would not allow a matter to be perfected in horary, though if the outcome is something that isn't desired (e.g. Will I get a fine for running that red light?), the inconjunct will be a desirable feature between the significators (a camera was either not working, not fitted, or pointing the wrong way, and no police officer saw you).

Sharla

The quincunx used to be known as an inconjunct or averse relationship between two planets (along with the 30 degree relationship, now called a semisextile). An inconjunct or averse relationship was not an aspect, as defined by the founders of Horoscopic Astrology because it did not conform to the seven rays of Hellenistic optical theory. However it was not without meaning - it denoted a situation where one planet could not see another and therefore could not interact with it.

The inconjunct would not allow a matter to be perfected in horary, though if the outcome is something that isn't desired (e.g. Will I get a fine for running that red light?), the inconjunct will be a desirable feature between the significators (a camera was either not working, not fitted, or pointing the wrong way, and no police officer saw you).

Okay thanks Minderwiz, that makes more sense now. Ive always had problems understanding this strange aspect.

I like how you show how the inconjunct can give a desirable outcome, from your example.