Houses that rules electronics? help

Minderwiz

I haven't seen the chart (can't see a link).

But I think the house that you're looking for depends on your use of the computer. On it's own, it's a second house movable property, at least whilst it sits on your desk doing nothing. It's also second if it's lost or stolen.

If your main use is emails, social media, writing and posting on here and other forums, looking up what's going on on the web, then you're right, it's third house. There's no sensible way that it can be squeezed into the eleventh house. If you use it to write a novel, it's performing exactly the same role as a pen or typewriter in the good old days.

If you're using it for mathematical and statistical analysis, storing material used in research, etc, then it's performing a ninth house function, connected with higher education.

If you're using it to make videos then it's fifth house - a leisure activity, unless you intend to sell the finished videos, in which case it's tenth. If you're using it to store your music collection so you can play music to meet your mood, it's again being used for a fifth house activity.

I can conceive that you could use a computer to carry out activities connected with most houses but, as with your research into which one to buy, what matters is how and what you will be using it for primarily.

Given the question as phrased, and especially if you do some or all of the activities mentioned, I'd treat it as a second house possession. Only select one of the other houses if you are asking, 'Will this computer enable me to do X better?'

CosmicBeing

I was thinking about what you said concerning this horary chart.

A Moon void of course isn't a good indication and Lord 1 in 3rd too because this house is Cadent (a planet in a cadent house isn't able to accomplish much); nevertheless the 3rd is appropriated with regard to your question here I think.

I wonder if it's also meaning (moon void) that something crappy is going to happen to my computer. I started to get a message on my computer saying my cooling system is malfunction. I had the computer since 2012/2013 so it's getting old lol. I usually take pretty good care of my computer.. so happy it lasted this long.

But, very simply Lord 3 (the computer) in conjunction with the Ascendant (you), and Lord 1 (you) applying by sextile towards Lord 3 (the computer), it looks like a purchase. Jupiter could involve a spending!

Yes, I could see this being true. I am still doing research and deciding. Since black Friday will be coming up this month (it's like a big mall sales day after thanksgiving lol). So hopefully there be a sale and making it into a payment plan hopefully will help...I might also be able to write it off during taxes because it is a necessary for my studies and work.

Well, don't take this too seriously, there are a lot of rules (that I don't know!) we have to consider very closely with regard to a horary chart, and here my comment is more intuitive and based on some elements you gave concerning this chart.
Don't worry this is a learning forum..and I am happy someone was willing to brainstorm with me. I am still a beginner at this so there might be a lot of rules I am even overlooking.
Maybe you will have a possibility concerning a computer and you'll give up because it is too much or you'll buy a computer on credit; or else, you will wait.
I will update you at the end of the month...and with the feedback we could always look back at the chart (i'll upload it at some point) Maybe we will learn something from it.

Hey SORRY for late response..I went on a mini vacation and kinda just disappeared from my compute for a couple days after returning.

I left my response up above.

CosmicBeing

Minderwiz

Thank you for this response. I didn't even think of 2nd house. I should have.

I'm going to try a method a friend on this site use to post images through tumblr (i believe)...so I'll try to post it soon once I figure it out. So at the end of the month I could meditate on it and realize what I overlooked.

I use one computer for everything from leisure, to social media, to mathematical/statistical analysis.

I need something where I can run various programs that require a lot of RAM. I was looking into an Apple computer (not laptop)....but I need to really figure out my budget and that might be out of my budget right now..but I will have to ask a tax man/woman how much I can write off on my tax for the computer.

I'll look at the chart from 2nd house perspective. I usually screen shot the chart. I probably should start logging it in a notebook...so if my computer crashes I don't lose everything lol.

**sorry wouldn't let me quote your message/post/response***