Tarot of a moon garden symbols

pickled pixie

Does anyone one know what the symbols in these cards represent?
I have the companion book but it doesn't tell you what the dragons, butterflies, dolphins, unicorns and hot air balloons are supposed to represent
I really love this deck and would love to be able to read a little deeper with it! can anyone enlighten me please :)

pp xxx

Pixiedreams

pickled pixie said:
I have the companion book but it doesn't tell you what the dragons, butterflies, dolphins, unicorns and hot air balloons are supposed to represent
I really love this deck and would love to be able to read a little deeper with it! can anyone enlighten me please :)

pp xxx

I don't have anything that tells what the symbols mean for this deck specifically but I do have a book of symbols that might help shed some light on it. If anyone is interested, I'd be willing to post some of them here.

I'd love to get a study group going for this deck as it is my favorite so far.

Ally

pickled pixie

oooh I'm interested pixiedreams :D
Please shed some light on what some of these symbols are supposed to mean!!

Thank you soooooo much

ppxxx

HearthCricket

pickled pixie said:

pp xxx

I am expecting this deck in the mail, so have not seen it in person, yet. I can't wait. I do know a little about symbolism, so this might help a bit, if it is what the artist meant.

Unicorns usually represent pure innocence, purity, the ultimate triumph of good over evil, believing in the unbelievable, the presence of goodness.

Butterflies usually represent transfomation, completion, metamorphis, new beginnings, fulfillment.

Dolphins often represent peace, harmony, a link with humans and the animal world, also linking earth to water, quiet wisdom, understanding, comfort and support.

I am lost on the hot air balloon images. I would have to see them, first!

tink27

Hot air balloon

The hot air balloon could mean reaching new heights. Reversed it could mean the person is deluding themself.

I have this deck and have had a difficult reading the cards. If a study group did get started, I'd be interested.

Thanks.

tink

pickled pixie

Thank you so much for the info on the imagery I'm sure it will make reading with this deck alot easier now :thumbsup:
I am currently studying another deck at the moment but if a study group does get started I would be interested in popping in from time to time :D

Hearthcricket - I don't think you will be disapointed when your deck arrives, it is very beautiful and gives lovely gentle readings, I adore mine :love:... *runs up stairs to get deck out*
pp xxx

Pixiedreams

Dragons: dragons unite the 4 elements of the ancient world into a single presence that inspires the imagination and haunts our dreams. In itself neither good nor bad, it symbolizes the primal energy of matter which can be turned to either good or evil.
the dragon can also symboilize the inner world of the emotions and the unconscious.

Dragonfly: Symbolizing summer in China, the dragonfly also represents instability because of its apparenty haphazard flight.

butterfly: They stand for transformation, immortality and beauty arising out of aparent death.

Unicorns: Represent purity, nobility and with its prominant horn, mail prowess. In heraldry it usually counter-balances the extrovert power of the lion.

Castles: Represent the b ation of good or evil, it may be a place where a maiden (often the symbol of enlightenment) is held captive or treasure is guarded.

I got these from a book called "The Language of Symbols" by David Fontana.

HTH,
Ally

VoodooGyal

hot air balloon

It could also mean adventure, exploring new horizons, moving beyond comfort zone, depending on its context within the card. When it comes to understanding the symbolism, I tend to think them in their ordinary "function" ie what they mean in our every day lifes :) For example when you think book .. you know it's something to do with gaining knowledge or learning :) Hope this helps!

redflash

I haven't used this deck for ages, you have just reminded me how lovely it is. The symbols took me a bit to get used to. When I first got the deck out of the box I thought hmmmmmmmmm ! I loved the drawings but I couldn't make head nor tail of the symbolism. I remember thinking that they were all wrong, they didn't mean what I felt the card was about. Then suddenly one day I understood-- it was like a lightbulb being switched on ! Gorgeous little deck !

September Pixie

There are lots of great books on symbols, it might be worth your while to check into a few :) Denise Lin I believe has a few books on Symbols, but the names escape me, check out amazon.com and see if you can read transcripts of the books to decide if they are for you or not :)