haven't a clue with this 3-carder!

MandMaud

My son said he was gong to walk his girlfriend down to the bus stop (half an hour each way) and agreed to take the dog; made a big difference to my schedule this afternoon. Then I found they'd gone without the dog. :( I thought I'd see if I could get an idea of why. It's the first time I've tried to look at anything psychological, rather than events, with Lenormand.

moon - star(s) - letter
My keywords for these are:
acclaim/status - hope - message

The star being central, hope seems to be the main reason - hope he'd get away with it was all I can think of. I assumed the letter was a text (maybe a phone call). Mirroring would say the text was full of praise, or an offer of a commission or a gig (he's a composer and sometimes performs), something like that. Couldn't be a love letter as the girlfriend was right next to him!

As pairs:
moon + star, "hopeful status" : maybe something to do with the job, if the text was in fact about that?
star + letter, "message-related hope" : again, all I can think of is his job.

However I look at it, I can't see in these cards a reason to leave the dog behind since he was doing the walk anyway - and not doing anything work-related during the walk. My only idea is that he was "mooning about" and clean forgot to take the dog. He's never liked walking her, not because of the walking but because he doesn't like haven't to hold the lead, but he's never refused when I had a reason for asking him to.

When he got back, the reason he gave was that she would probably refuse to go any further before they got far. (This is a new habit, which I put down to being twelve and possibly having sore legs, or possibly wanting to stop for an interesting smell on the verge rather than objecting to walking further. It's a nuisance but if you're firm with her, she gives up and doesn't do it again, and my son does know being firm works.)

Help! :)

Sharla

Could just be something simple like because there was lots of (stars) nighttime (moon) messaging (letter) going on.

Like maybe he was too busy txtin/whatsappin (or what ever he does )when they left the house so he was too distracted and forgot about the dog.

MandMaud

But it was daytime!
I haven't yet got the hang of thinking of these very simple "sentence" literal "sentence" interpretations - but with moon and stars, I'd have thought of night if it had been dusk. :)

And he decided not to take her - didn't forget.
I was annoyed that he'd agreed to take the dog, without saying he had that reason for not taking her. But he is being very vague this week. (Not unusual with him!)

surpeti

The cards suggest that he got a message (Letter) that would bring him success/acclaim (Stars+Moon). I agree it could have to do with his work. Maybe he wanted to concentrate on a text that gave him a bit of hope, and found the dog a distraction. Or maybe he was mulling over sending a message along those lines to someone else. Given that this is a kind of minor question (I assume), this doesn't necessarily imply anything firm--just could be his temporary frame of mind or a vague nibble from a potential client. He could have found that vagueness hard to explain.

These cards would say not to take it personally--it's not about you, or even the dog, but about what was the main issue for him at the time.

Having said that, please do give feedback if you can get a clearer answer from him!

1Eleven

moon + stars + letter

To me, the cards state that he didn't think he would look as good walking the dog.

Moon+Stars - guided by wanting to stand out
Stars can represent the human mind. Letter, communications, superficial - Stars+Letter - superficial thoughts
Moon+Letter - emotions/thoughts of wanting to impress

MsAnon

moon + stars + letter

To me, the cards state that he didn't think he would look as good walking the dog.

Stars can represent the human mind. Letter, communications, superficial - Stars+Letter - superficial thoughts

I had similar thoughts.

With the pairing of moon, a card for ones reputation, and the stars, I think he wanted to look cool to this girl. And the letter was the time alone to privately communicate.

Nothing vindictive present nor against the dog! ( :) ) But of course, not very respectful of the mums wishes which is not good and should be understood.

MandMaud

The cards suggest that he got a message (Letter) that would bring him success/acclaim (Stars+Moon). I agree it could have to do with his work. Maybe he wanted to concentrate on a text that gave him a bit of hope, and found the dog a distraction. Or maybe he was mulling over sending a message along those lines to someone else. Given that this is a kind of minor question (I assume), this doesn't necessarily imply anything firm--just could be his temporary frame of mind or a vague nibble from a potential client. He could have found that vagueness hard to explain.

These cards would say not to take it personally--it's not about you, or even the dog, but about what was the main issue for him at the time.

Having said that, please do give feedback if you can get a clearer answer from him!
That all makes sense - and it's in character for him to find it hard to explain. He's likely to give a false reason when the real one isn't simple to put into words. Though it's out of character not to do something he's agreed to... actually I think that when he replied "Yes", he hadn't taken in the request at all. Rather than saying yes, changing his mind and just deciding to let me down.

It is indeed a very minor question, I was purely wanting something to practise on. :) I'm a bit shy of asking him again because I don't really tell the boys about the cards - they know my interest but don't want to hear about it - and I'm not sure what he'd think of me reading *about* him. But I might pick my moment (also needs to be when he won't feel I'm saying it was a huge crime, having remembered it this long!).

moon + stars + letter

I had similar thoughts.

With the pairing of moon, a card for ones reputation, and the stars, I think he wanted to look cool to this girl. And the letter was the time alone to privately communicate.

Nothing vindictive present nor against the dog! ( :) ) But of course, not very respectful of the mums wishes which is not good and should be understood.

I'm not entirely sure that looking good is so important. He's well past the teenage stage of not wanting the world to see him doing anything, and he has never embarrassed easily, never really cared about people's opinion except when specific people matter. Of course he wants his gf to admire him, but they've been together a couple of years, no longer at the "mpressing her" stage. I'm not saying you're wrong but this doesn't quite match.

However the communication with her makes a lot of sense. She's going through a tough time and he's the main person she confides in. I wonder if it was her that wanted to talk, or had received some kind of message, which would put him in a frame of mind to "look as if" he was engaged in the important conversation, even if it he was going through the motions a bit this time.

Getting into some real guessing now! And even if I ask him and he feels 100% non-threatened and able to tell me all his less-than-impressive reasons(!), I'm not sure he even knows his own feelings to that level, especially this long after the fact.

I never did think it was personal. Most things aren't with him. Always wrapped up in whatever's in his own head. ;)