Multiple choices...

Amg182

an either/or type situation...how should it be handled? If someone receives two job offers, for example. Or, being asked out by two prospective suitors.

Is there such a spread for this, or would you recommend just doing a spread for each choice?
Ex: Would (will) Jane find profession satisfaction at job A? Then, lay & interpret a spread.
Repeat for choice #2. Thank you.

1Eleven

I prefer 2 separate readings. You could also use the Roads at the top then lay a fan of 3 to the left for A and 3 to the right for B. Just be sure to keep them separate.

delinfrey

This is just a personal opinion, but I choose to follow traditional Lenormand spreads, and not to mix much with Tarot spreads.
If a sitter asks about two choices (so two paths), I would do two separate readings for the paths/choices (probably would go for two 3 or 5 card strings).

Amg182

Thank you both for replying so quickly.

Two small (3-5 cards) readings would definitely give enough information to help make a decision.

I'm very new at this but these cards are fascinating.

ana luisa

an either/or type situation...how should it be handled? If someone receives two job offers, for example. Or, being asked out by two prospective suitors.

Is there such a spread for this, or would you recommend just doing a spread for each choice?
Ex: Would (will) Jane find profession satisfaction at job A? Then, lay & interpret a spread.
Repeat for choice #2. Thank you.

I agree that two readings will give you a more focused answer. However, do try to change your "will" question into a "how" question. I mean, instead of asking will Jane find satisfaction... ask How will jane feel if she works at X . It will then show you the overall outcome. I say that because:

1) yes/no questions are iffy with readings.
2) it may be that BOTH places will turn out to be great, or bad.

Keep us posted :thumbsup:

Amg182

I agree that two readings will give you a more focused answer. However, do try to change your "will" question into a "how" question. I mean, instead of asking will Jane find satisfaction... ask How will jane feel if she works at X . It will then show you the overall outcome. I say that because:

1) yes/no questions are iffy with readings.
2) it may be that BOTH places will turn out to be great, or bad.

Keep us posted :thumbsup:

You've touched on something that I kind of worry about each time I do a spread, how to properly phrase the question. The book I'm currently reading/studying has a chapter on it, I'm still working on Exercise #2, discovering my OWN combinations. Thank you for replying.

ana luisa

You're welcome ! Yes, the art of making questions is indeed important. AND hard to master. After years reading, I still have problems with it :D A teacher/colleague of mine once told me that : "Your answers will only be as good as the questions you make". And he was soooo right.
As a rule of thumb, I stick to WHY, HOW and WHAT questions. WILL and DOES questions are usually yes/no so I tend to avoid them.
Happy journey !

1Eleven

I personally love yes/no questions but yes, it all comes back to the question

delinfrey

I think Lenormand is -lots- more receptive towards Yes/No questions than Tarot. I usually avoid yes/no readings in Tarot, but I'm more than willing to do yes/no readings in Lenormand. There are several techniques, and I'm comfortable with the one I use.

Then again, Tarot is more receptive towards "different paths" spreads - which I feel is not Lenormand style at all.

Poor us - it's not only choosing the right question and the right deck, but apparently the right medium as well :)