Halloween-Themed or just Gothic Oracles?

delinfrey

I have the Halloween Oracle which I purchased on a whim, thinking it would be a novelty deck (guessing by the card backings and the really soapy rhymes in the guidebooks).

Turns out, it is a really awesome deck, AND lends itself extremely well to this time of year. I just never read the book, and I try to ignore the backings.

What hasn't been mentioned here is Victoria Frances Gothic Oracle - I mean, it may be too over-the-top for some, but to me it's stunning, authentically gothic and one of the few decks that captures emotions so wonderfully.

I would also second Fallen Angels Oracle. The artwork is stunning - recoloured photographs from London's Nunhill cemetery - not over the top, not campy, love it.

Falcor

Hmmmm, how about Wisdom of the House of Night Oracle Cards?

greatdane

THANKS to all for your kind suggestions!

Very thoughtful of you all and I shall look them all up one by one, and go back over your reviews :).

delinfrey

banbha, get it. I recommended it above, and I think it's a great oracle. I mean, some people might consider it a tad bit over the top... But I love how the emotions are displayed.

banbha

Oh I missed that line in your post Delinfrey!

I love the emotional, smoldering feel of this deck. From what I can see of it so far, it just works for me and it's not my usual style. It's kind of Vampire-esque.

Belinda2

Well I know it's past Halloween but it is the holiday I love most. I am thinking about buying the harvest moon oracle but waiting to buy it with its Pdf. Under the oracle section I have a Thread about this deck. This deck might not be what you are looking for it does not seem to be dark but another oracle is it is by the lady who made the White rabbit oracle it is called the oracle of shadows very dark and very Victorian