The Chariot has a pacifier?

Zephyros

Beneath the symbol of wings , which I take to be Caduceus, the seems to be a sheild or something with a symbol on it. Does anyone know what it is? It looks like a child's pacifier, but of course that can't be it...

Moongold

Acording to Rachel Pollack in "78 Degrees of Wisdom, that nut and bolt "thing" is called the "lingam and yoni" standing for Shiva the masculine principle and Parvati, the feminine principle, united in a single figure..

Pollack says that this myth demonstrates the value of focusing with all one' s attention on Victory wih the outcome of certain victory for so doing..

jentayu

Brief info about the chariot

Well, since the chariot card has 2 sphinxs and also the winged disk ( Horus if I'm not mistaken ), it certainly shows something about the Egyptian long time ago. As u can see, there's a black spihnx, symbolising the southern part of the Pharoahs ( the Nubians/Ethiopia if I'm not mistaken ) and there's also a white sphinx, that symbolizes the northern region, ( eg. nowadays Giza, Alexandria etc. ). Plus, at the back of the man, there's 2 city or castles, symbolising 2 kingdoms ( north and south ). This card shows victory of winning or conquring 2 kingdoms in being a single one ( unification of 2 kingdoms ). As u all know, before the unification, the crown of the pharoahs are different between these 2 kingdoms. After the unification, then there are 2 great symbols of power from both of the kingdoms that are put together side by side in each of the pharoahs crown ( like in the card, 2 different sphinx, under the man/one king, united by Horus, son of Ra ).

I just love this card, full of history :)

PS; I'm not sure also the symbol under the winged disk, it's still a mystery to me also. Anyone have any thoghts about that? please do tell.

spoonbender

Jentayu, why do you think the winged disk represents Horus? And I thought Horus was the son of Osiris and Isis, not of Ra? :confused:

HudsonGray

There's a pretty good size enlargement here: http://www.learntarot.com/bigjpgs/maj07.jpg

it looks, to me, like a wheel on an axle, turned vertical (a heraldry thing, they stylize items and put them at odd angles sometimes). I'm not sure if I'd see those as lingam and yoni (sexual parts?).

The winged disk probably is a standin for the winged sun the Egyptians used in their art, though it's modernly stylized - as are the sphynx's. Probably to show the Egyptian connection. OR it could be the winged sphere the Rosricans have. I'm not sure if the Freemasons had a connection to Rosricans, but it's a possibility.

jentayu

oops......

Sorry spoonbender n to you all........... I'm wrong there for sure. my mind was mingled with the legend of horus of behutet and the winged disk........ Sorry again, n thanx so much 4 correcting me spoonbender:)

jentayu

Spaseebo ( Thank you ) :)

Thanks HudsonGray for the help :)