Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 12 - #12

mooncat2

:D Thank you, huredriel.........all most interesting. I've just lost half an hour inspecting my tongue!!!!!!

I always think of the The Snow Goose when I see this symbol, too.........it was a lovely story.

Geese fly in that wonderful V formation. Each individual bird has a turn at leading and there is always one at the back whose reponsibility it is to see no one falls away or gets lost.

A strong sense of community caring..........of looking after each other, sharing and supporting.
The need we all have to be part of a group..........family, friends and those who share our interests. Each person allowed to take a leadership role at times and at others the supportive one.

Lyn Birkbeck says in his SS book..........."spiritually you have connected with those who are on the same soul flight as you"...........I like that.

Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
are heading home again.
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting--
over and over announcing your place
in the family of things.

The internet is like that..............it draws people of like mind together from every corner of the world. There is no need to feel different or alone in your interests..........somewhere out there a whole family waits for you.

:love:

Attachments

• SoulCollage- Connection.JPG
    SoulCollage- Connection.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 159

huredriel

Ooohhh - Geese and Ducks = Migratory birds which imprint on, flock and follow the leader or peer group. - imprint ..... Aries 3 anyone?

huredriel

Well attempting to get this posted whilst at work, so apologies if it's along the same lines as what's already posted, feels a bit disjointed and all over the place ......

The red of fire ……. 12 …. The Hanged Man with the Empress hidden away ….. The Magician and High Priestess walking side by side. Duality and balance ……… action and non-action, aggressive and passive …….. Dualities ……. All of which are needed, and which co-exist side by side …… interesting enough I also see this as the self next to the group ……. Aries 1 and 2 …… merging to become Aries 3 ….. That co-existence again …….. The inner archetypes ….. The groups ….. All going with the flow internally.

Flock denotes a group, herd ……. Wild … to be feral and untamed …… yet within groups there usually exists pre-determined reactions …… instinctual …. No hesitation in being acted upon …… social order …… *pecking order* ……. Does that happen with geese? There is also a sense of *belonging*.

Geese to me are large birds ……… they enjoy the ability of most elements …… fly (air), swim or paddle LOL (water), walk or waddle (earth) ……. So what about their fire aspect? Where is that (unless you consider them cooking LMAO) …….. Yes I know, that's bad :D

I get two main thoughts when thinking of this image-wise ……. A huge flock taking to the skies en-masse …… rising up, energy, noise …….. Those huge flapping wings ….. Movement …… and migration ……. Again the instinctual knowledge that they follow when moving from one country to another (which I presume they do). What guides them ……. Where does this *knowledge* come from? Especially if it's their first migration flight?

A thought at that of *itinerant travellers*.

The second is of settling on land …… laying eggs, giving birth …. And nurturing the baby birds …….. What is their true domain? They seem to move effortlessly from one to another …… yet this also reminds me of the Aries 1 ….. The embryonic evolvement ……. Water to land, land to air …… air to water and so forth.

They are hunted ……. Safety in numbers ……. Protection ……. I kinda sense their reactions would include the flapping of wings, hissing …….. And they could bite hard too …… not a bird to mess with …….. So the herd mentality would kick in here ……. Again that sense of social order.

They are, I believe, fatty birds (never having eaten one, I wouldn't know) …… the layers of fat, their plummage all of which helps to keep them warm, watertight and protected ……. And here we take the benefit …….. Feathers in our pillows, our duvets ….. Wrapping around us as we sleep to keep us warm, giving a sense of protection.

SLEEP …….. In the dreamtime we receive messages …….. So here too a link …… spiritual messengers ……. (hence the post below). Messengers as they have an *ability to traverse different levels ….. From being low on the ground to soaring high in the sky*.

They also make me think of christmas time, celebration ….. Families gathering …. The hordes coming together at a specific time to experience something together. Sounds like that instinctual migration call.

The tongue (see below) …… is a necessary tool of communication ……. And herein another nod to the group aspect …… definitely not a solo activity is it. Giving a sense of taste and texture …… chinese medicine uses this to help look at our health and diagnose remedies if there is a problem.

Hmmm, to fly free, to enjoy the wind, especially as it passes under the wings …… no cares, no responsibilities ……. Just freedom ……. What secrets do they hold, what shores have they seen, what guides them on their migratory path?

Barite …. Source of barium …….. Don't hospitals use this for x-rays ……. Swallow the disgusting stuff …… let it course through …… and any blockages will be shown up.

*Insouciance* makes me think of a natural (devil may care attitude, someone who goes their own way, relying on the natural instincts within, yet this is the opposite to the title.

So the last two ......... what kind of link do they give to wild geese? The devil may care adventurer perhaps ........ like the Fool who wants to go off and enjoy everything that life can throw at them ........ but blockages ........ why have I put that :confused: ......

mooncat2

:) Have to say reflecting on your insights made this weeks shopping less boring than usual...........thank you :D

Some thoughts:

Geese to me are large birds ……… they enjoy the ability of most elements …… fly (air), swim or paddle LOL (water), walk or waddle (earth) ……. So what about their fire aspect? Where is that (unless you consider them cooking LMAO) …….. Yes I know, that's bad

That is bad! :(............The fire exists in all three. The arrowhead shaped V formation geese fly in reminded me again of Brigid...............and the three faces of the goddess.
Brigid is known as the Fiery Arrow........She of the Triple Flame.

Flame of the Hearth.........Goose on the ground. This is the hearth fire which is the centre of the home.........earth and practical everyday living......making a living, raising a family etc.

Food and feathers...........goose in the role of provider of nourishment and warmth.

This is the flame of material life............family and community. From the time we are born we begin to be imprinted with the values and beliefs of our environment ........people and culture. Some of this is good and will stay with us through life............some not so good and will bring obstacles and challenges to overcome.
I also see here how everyday life can restrict us from flying free.........too much time spent on providing for others at the expense of the self. The sacrificial side of the HM.

Flame of Inspiration............Goose on the water. Creativity, intuition and most importantly , spirituality. This is our inner self through which we receive the inspiration to spread our wings and fly.............through imagination, creativity we escape from the everyday world.
Imprinted on our soul is our flight plan for this life...........there's an unconscious instinctual pull in that direction and it often conflicts with the material world.

Flame of the Forge............Goose in the air. The first two represent the material/spiritual which must be forged together........as above, so below.
A balance has to be found which combines our need for living with others with
the freedom to follow our own individual life plan. This may be where we often need some of that active fiery aggression to defend off attackers.

Balance within the group...........goose may follow a leader when flying but its never the same goose...........each goose takes a turn in front. Equal opportunity.
What is their true domain? They seem to move effortlessly from one to another ……
Yes........they do..........we don't!!!! We have to learn to. Perhaps they don't see it as 'one or the other'...........both are woven together as an integral part of their life.
Hmmm, to fly free, to enjoy the wind, especially as it passes under the wings …… no cares, no responsibilities ……. Just freedom ……. What secrets do they hold, what shores have they seen, what guides them on their migratory path?
Pure instinct........an imprint they're born with..............the migratory flight of the geese is symbolic of the spiritual quest. We have the same instinctual urge to follow our Soul's path...........to spread our wings and fly. We continually take certain directions in life that are part of that quest even if we're not conscious of the true reason.
Barite …. Source of barium …….. Don't hospitals use this for x-rays ……. Swallow the disgusting stuff …… let it course through …… and any blockages will be shown up.
An X-ray reveals what lies beneath the skin .............like the spiritual purpose lies beneath the material life. There are often deep spiritual/psychological blockages beneath a purely physical diagnosis.
*Insouciance* makes me think of a natural (devil may care attitude, someone who goes their own way, relying on the natural instincts within, yet this is the opposite to the title.
This one's got me beat..............I cannot see the connection at all. Hopefully someone else will.

tink27

mooncat2, love all your responses here!

mooncat2 said:
Balance within the group...........goose may follow a leader when flying but its never the same goose...........each goose takes a turn in front. Equal opportunity.

Here's another way of looking at this symbol.

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Teamwork-Skydivers-Posters_i374477_.htm

Can you feel the spiritual currents here.....the vibration of the 'arrow' that allows us to hold greater and greater tension!

mooncat2 said:
Flame of Inspiration............Goose on the water. Creativity, intuition and most importantly , spirituality. This is our inner self through which we receive the inspiration to spread our wings and fly.............through imagination, creativity we escape from the everyday world.
Imprinted on our soul is our flight plan for this life...........there's an unconscious instinctual pull in that direction and it often conflicts with the material world.

Beautiful!

Skydivers, like miners, risking their lives for their profession......they have faith not only in life, but with their team that is essentially 'roped' together.

tink :love:

huredriel

mooncat2 said:
This one's got me beat..............I cannot see the connection at all. Hopefully someone else will.
Hmmm been puzzling over this ........... cos it does seem at odds with the title:

googled ;) "insouciance - definition":

Noun 1. insouciance - the cheerful feeling you have when nothing is troubling you, carefreeness, lightheartedness, lightsomeness, blitheness, cheerfulness - a feeling of spontaneous good spirits; "his cheerfulness made everyone feel better" .

1. rather formal or literary
Without cares or worries; light-hearted; unconcerned.
Thesaurus: carefree, light-hearted, happy-go-lucky, jaunty, flippant, breezy, easygoing, unconcerned, nonchalant, untroubled, unworried; Antonym: anxious, careworn.
Derivative: insouciance
noun

The quality of being without cares or worries
Thesaurus: carefreeness, light-heartedness, flippancy, nonchalance, jauntiness, breeziness, ease, indifference, unconcern; Antonym: anxiety, care.

Perhaps by being in the group environment, *flying together* or working together on a joint project relieves some burden of responisibility, means things can be enjoyed more?

huredriel

tink27 said:
Skydivers, like miners, risking their lives for their profession......they have faith not only in life, but with their team that is essentially 'roped' together.
And I also see that *equality* here too tink, all balanced and joined together, strength in the group.

huredriel

Obviously wasn't looking properly yesterday cos I didn't see you'd posted a picture Mooncat. Oh my, it's lovely ...... so gentle, full of love ...... and I especially love the hands denoting generations. Is that a net in the ocean at the back?

mooncat2

first posted by tink27
Here's another way of looking at this symbol.

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Teamw...rs_i374477_.htm

Can you feel the spiritual currents here.....the vibration of the 'arrow' that allows us to hold greater and greater tension!
:) What a gorgeous image for this symbol.............it's perfect. The skydivers look like a spider web.............or a giant net. Each playing their individual part but connected to the whole. Love it!
first posted by huredriel
Is that a net in the ocean at the back?
It is. The hands are different generations.........nice thought. I just saw them as connecting.........reaching out........joining hearts and minds. The friendship, fun , love and support to be found in a group situation.

:love:

tink27

mooncat2 said:
It is. The hands are different generations.........nice thought. I just saw them as connecting.........reaching out........joining hearts and minds. The friendship, fun , love and support to be found in a group situation.

Hmm, reading this, I had to go back and look much deeper into your picture....I saw the net!

Everything in life is balanced by its polar opposite....young, old, black, white, pleasure, pain, success, failure....a continual drama of ups and downs that constantly swing in opposite directions.

Could it be a tension created by these two states , cancels out these polar opposites to help us not only understand the Self but the Whole....a sense of raising up to create a new state of Oneness?

tink :love: