Sabian Symbols Study Group: Taurus Degree 6 - #36

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: TAURUS
Degree: 6
Number: 36

Symbol: A BRIDGE BEING BUILT ACROSS A HIGH NARROW GORGE.

Elven

The Karmic Symbol for Taurus 6 is:

TAURUS 5 ~ A YOUTHFUL WIDOW, FRESH AND SOUL-CLEANSED FROM GRIEF, KNEELS AT AN OPEN GRAVE TO RECEIVE THE SECRETS OF ETERNAL LIFE.

The Quest Symbol for Taurus 6 is:

TAURUS 7 ~ A WOMAN OF SAMARIA COMES TO DRAW WATER FROM JACOBS WELL.

The Opposite Symbol for Taurus 6 is:

SCORPIO 6 ~ A GOLD RUSH TEARS MEN AWAY FROM THEIR NATIVE SOIL.

The 3 symbol in Tension with Taurus 6 are:

LEO 6 ~ AN OLD FASHIONED 'CONSERVATIVE' WOMAN IS CONFRONTED BY AN UP-TO-DATE GIRL.

SCORPIO 6 ~ A GOLD RUSH TEARS MEN AWAY FROM THEIR NATIVE SOIL.

AQUARIUS 6 ~ A MASKED FIGURE PERFORMS RITUALISTIC ACTS IN A MYSTERY PLAY.

Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Taurus 6 are:

CANCER 18 ~ A HEN IS SCRATCHING FOR HER CHICKS.

VIRGO 30 ~ HAVING AN URGENT TASK TO COMPLETE, A MAN DOESN'T LOOK TO ANY DISTRACTIONS.

SAGITTARIUS 12 ~ A FLAG TURNS INTO AN EAGLE' THE EAGLE INTO A CHANTICLEER SALUTING THE DAWN.

AQUARIUS 24 ~ A MAN TURNING HIS BACK ON HIS PASSIONS TEACHES DEEP WISDOM FROM HIS EXPERIENCE.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Solar fire - Part of Body: Larynx
Dr Jones has the Key Word - Channelship and talks about overcoming limitations.

For me this is one of those sybmols for past life memories, where is it that you either 'connect - bridge' that memory OR is it actually you remember passing over a bridge in a past life.. my theory is we remember high energy moments more than just average events... for example this symbol reminds me of those really high suspension bridges in Tibet.. now that image is HIGH, spiritual and like a leap of faith to cross - its a popular image used in movies - Indiana Jones etc..

The element I chose for this symbol is the Bridge quartz crystal is quartz crystals with a bridging smaller crystal joining them. IT resonates with all the wonderful quartz spiritual qualities, as well as aids in a big way to brigding between inner and outer realms, between self and others, between the divine and the mundane.

Simone

A bridge built across a high narrow gorge - of course the picture of a gap comes up, of differences, and the effort made to close the gap, to make the other side more accessible.

Maybe a link to two sides of a coin, or a link built between two different points of view.

Something was separated - now the habitants of the two sides of the gorge can get together easily and get in touch, exchange their points of view, without having to go down into a deep hole and back up again.

The voyage has become easier - the understanding of each other too. The effort of having travelled back and forth through the gorge before, the accumulation of these experiences, the result of curious expeditions into the other's land, have paid off and now it is "safe" to build a safe passage...

My thoughts are going to cultural differences being brought closer.

To belief systems linking to form a unity.

To people making the effort to understand each other instead of being separated.

Interesting symbol!

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 363

MCsea

purple_scorp

AMAZING!

thank you

Marina

tink27

Love your picture purple_scorp....I look forward to discussing it with you and the others.

After studying your image and reading through what McSea and Simone had to say, this is what I kinda came up with for this symbol.

When we are cleansed of our grief, where do we begin, when a wide gulf has been created between us and the world and we fear we won’t be able to bridge it again. Not only that, we are no longer the person we had been…through this intense time, we lost our innocence and childhood excitement…our happiness and purpose. Who or what can help us to stand again and walk across this chasm with new hope and confidence….without the fear of it collapsing under us?

With what we lost growing more distant, we feel a deep inner urge to move forward and leave our recent past behind. Some of us will plunge into a new experience, leaving behind our ancestors, our family and friends.

For a time, we may stumble around in the fog, as we study our choices, our talents and where we fit in with our new environment. This could be a time when we take up some kind of spiritual practice…..and in the silence and stillness…we discover ourselves! And in this discovery we find an inheritance passed down to us from many generations past that suddenly leads us in an unexpected direction.

But if our hearts stay fixed on what we have lost, we will live in a world of nostalgia which could destroy any new experiences….we just keep looking through the rearview of our past, looking at what was lost or that uprooted us from our original land and home.

Ohh, I also found this fascinating article on the body part Larynx…and bridges….

http://www.amazingvocals.com/aboutsls.php

A bridge is a place in your voice where you either "walk across", "flip over", or "slam into the hellish brick wall of singing". Another term for a bridge is the Italian word for passage, passaggi (passaggio when plural) that is merely an area in the voice where resonance shifts from one place in the body to another (chest to head, for example). When you hear the word passaggi, you are hearing a reference to bridges.

There's so much more that can be said of this symbol.....

tink :love: