Sabian Symbols Study Group: Virgo 17 - #167

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: VIRGO
Degree: 17
Number: 167

Symbol: A VOLCANIC ERUPTION BRINGING DUST CLOUDS, FLOWING LAVA, EARTH RUMBLINGS.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 166.jpg
    166.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 367

tink27

I’ve learned so much about life, about myself and the sabian symbols this past year. Do I truly understand them…….no I don’t….not even close! But they’ve given me a chance to freely express what I feel they are trying to convey and hopefully as I share my thoughts, the symbols speak to you too.

This symbol has really spoken to me. It’s taken me on a grand journey and I’d like to share where it’s taken me.

Hmm, definitely some geo-logic fireworks wanting to make a big impression! Geometric patterns are said to symbolize the masculine side of God which when taken in by our feminine side integrates and joins consciousness and intuition to-get-her.

Looking at purple_scorp's image.....

The rumblings were my first clue this volcano could be awakening…. by the time the lava and dust clouds appeared, everyone in the area hopefully has evacuated from this holy terror!

I know we are in the realm of Virgo but I almost get the sense of Saturn and Uranus here…perhaps even Vulcan! Uranus in Greek mythology means Heaven, it is the mind of revolution….the awakener of all minds. Saturn is the structural integrity of our Being. It also represents authority figures, age, responsibility etc. Just imagine these two colliding!!! Matter and antimatter!

It reminds me of a place in China called Devil Valley….it is said to bring death to those who wander through it.

http://www.rmhb.com.cn/chpic/htdocs/english/200604/10-1.htm

Scientists say this area is not cursed with demons but from lightning! It is believed the valley is filled with large quantities of magnetized basalt created by volcanoes that erupted during the Triassic period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triassic
These magnetic fields attract electrical charges in clouds creating lightning that strikes animals and people passing through! But then there are those who disagree with this analogy. Has anyone else have a clue to this mystery?

From Devil Valley the journey continued and I watched a powerful movie The Painted Veil, which just happened to be filmed in China. A masterpiece this film, I highly recommend it.

http://www.cinemablend.com/reviews/The-Painted-Veil-1930.html

Quoted from the DVD cover The Painted Veil a moving portrait of volcanic emotions that can erupt between a man and a woman, set against the drama of a nation in turmoil.

Some more thoughts…..

When we hit bottom, the only place left to go is up! Hmm, perhaps a deep dark place where only the heart and the soul can see? Makes me think of the descent of Inanna. How I see this myth is we descend into matter by putting on our coat of armor plus jewelry, gold, bronze and silver. But as we begin our descent, all that we have accumulated slowly undresses…..until we come to a place where the world seems to literally stand still (simmering lava). Here Inanna undergoes the cleansing fires deep within, ridding herself of her world of appearances to synchronize her virgin self with the divine phallus……catapulting out to the realm of spirit. It’s like her insides were boiling out to create a magnificent impression!

Volcanoes have been known to wipe out entire civilizations. I wonder if volcanoes thrive on the collective emotions and when they take on a consciousness of their own, the power can’t be denied…..it can be so overwhelming, it spews out creating a reaction. I’m imagining this volcano’s tremendous explosion as unlocking secrets of our past, secrets that have been lost to us for centuries…..history, knowledge, karma releasing or repeating itself?!?

Someone imposing, pressurizing their principles upon us? The misuse of power? A great strain of economic and political proportions? Someone who has been looking at something from a much higher and distant viewpoint. Someone strong, physically, mentally, who can endure and exerts great self control.

Releasing what has been a burden for a long time on our conscience? I wonder what’s been feeding or stoking this hot spot below that threatens to explode in any moment?

Perhaps it is the power source we all have been looking for. Volcanoes were apparently active in the beginning of earth’s development and during the primitive human being. Volcanoes were feared, the forces of nature were seen as the enemy not as force a that could somehow be tamed and useful. One day perhaps we will understand, which will symbolically be seen as a way to free ourselves from our own inner shackles.

tink :love:

MCsea

Virgo 17
Birthdays: September 8th–10th
Numerology: 167
Sabian Symbol: A volcano erupting
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Explosion
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Abdominal muscles
Crystal Element: Apache Tear
Expression: The Apache Tear is a drop-shaped, smoky obsidian. The Apache Tear unlocks emotion and frees the spirit from lower energies. Gaia energy.
Message: Natural forces persistently forcing drastic change.
Sun Focus: You compel others to open up, bringing to light hidden stories, transforming lives in an instant.
Affirmation: I ask that my life force be strengthened right now.