Ludy Lescot Tarot - The Magician I

Zezina

Why does he remind me of the Thoth Magus?

RunningWild

Why does he remind me of the Thoth Magus?

I have the Thoth and other Thoth-y decks but I've never read up on the meanings. Could you be a bit more specific? What about it reminds you of the Magus?

Hemera

Five girls? Well so it is!! This ruins the idea of the four Aces. A pity because that was such a neat idea..

I haven´t got the Thoth so it would be interesting to hear more about the similarity?

RunningWild

I went back to look as I thought I'd stared at that card plenty. How did I miss the fifth? And there she was. Hiding. I wouldn't toss out the idea that the four whose faces we see represent the Aces just yet. The fifth, since we can't see much of her, may be the ever elusive and mysterious Ludy Lescot.

This may be over-thinking this deck a bit, but I'll suggest this anyway:

The story in these cards is compelling on many levels to me because it's not a standard tarot fare. So in this card we have the major players on someone's life, be it Ludy Lescot or whoever the main character is set to represent (such as the Querent). Perhaps, if it is Ludy hiding behind the Magician we are given a first glance at how the cards are applied.

This is the first stop on The Fool's Journey, right? How appropriate that The Fool would be present! Here she is introduced to The Magician and the Four Elements that affect her life. She is part of the story as much as their story is a part of her.

Hemera

I like your idea RunningWild. I have always liked Aerin´s idea that maybe the one who is using the cards -*me* (whoever it is)- is Ludy Lescot. So, it would make perfect sense that it would also be the Fool in his/her journey. It would still be *us*, right? We are Ludy and we are the Fool.

Oh, the more I study this deck the more I like it. I know we are probably sometimes over-analysing the cards and the artist would probably be astonished that we find so much symbolism in them. But this deck really seems to work very well for this and it is possible to interpret these pictures in so many ways. Ah, I´m in love :love: :p

Machelle

The only other observation in the card that I have is that along with the items floating, there are leaves that are floating as well, giving the impression that they are not only floating but swirling as well.

To me he looks as if he is focusing and his purpose is to show off. The yellow light at his belly is indeed the solar plexus chakra which is the center for power and will. He has the power and will to make things happen if he focuses his intent.

MaineGirl117

I'm actually OK with his display of showmanship. I mean, isn't that what a Magician does? Puts on a show? It's not his fault those silly girls are drooling over his solar plexus chakra :D

Machelle

I agree. That is what a magician does. They want ot make people go "oooo and aaaahhhh". It's what they live for.

seedcake

If we think that the women are the Aces (I really like this idea and let's forget about the fifth woman for a while) - they look like they want to get closer to The Magician with not so good intentions. I see vampires, to be honest. They don't have such power like The Magician and they would like to obtain it. Of course, it's impossible 'cause he's too strong. In other words - women are like basic instincts which want to destroy higher powers.