Ludy Lescot - High Priestess II

Elendil

oooo maybe they're NOT towers..but a crumbling gate? That's what I get for looking at a card when I'm tired. Sorry!

I see towers too...(see my first post ^^ in this thread).

:)

Hemera

I´m so excited to have some new life in this study area! Yay! :party: This has become my number one deck and I love to read new insights!

I do think they are towers. But whatever they are I just hadn´t paid any attention to the background at all before. So I´m glad you made me really look at that card again! And re-read the posts (-yes, Elendil, you did say towers earlier :) )

Machelle

The spiritual teaching about Lotuses and Waterlilies is that they bring forth something divinely beautiful from the depths of mud. They are well rooted in mud and darkness and only therefore are they able to bring forth beauty. So I think in some way we also need to be well grounded and rooted, we need to be able to face our dark depths and muddy things and get our wisdom from there in order to be able to Walk in Beauty.

I really like this and going with this idea, she could be emerging from the depths of the water as well, remaining grounded and "growing"...if we face our dark depths like you stated, we can grow as individuals. Water is tied to intuition which is what the traditional HP is tied to as well so maybe allow our intuition to rise up, as she could be doing (especially with the appearance of the bubbles), which would bring the mysteries to the surface.

La Force

Here is my thought on this card. First of all I don't like this card as a high priestess, so I swapped her out in exchange for another High priestess card that I do like ( Favole Tarot) even though the card is smaller it doesn't affect shuffling.

anyways back to my thought. I sat for days trying to figure it out, then it dawned on me thanks to a friends comment, as we were driving down the highway. My friends comment was " do you want to be a fish swimming in a small pond or do you want to be a fish swimming in the ocean" I literally pulled over the car on the side of the highway, and said "that is it, that is what the card is saying" Turned to my friend and said "thanks".

If you stay in a pond there is no growth in any area of your life ( Koi fish and gold fish grow to the size of their pond or environment ) ie: small koi pond koi's will only grow to 10" a larger Koi pond they can grow up to 2 feet.

Therefore she is emerging from the Koi pond (with lilies and air bubbles oxygen) to expand her growth, for she is leaving this pond for the ocean through the (Gate) that is crumbling down, as a sign that she had been swimming in that pond (too small) for too long, which was suppressing her growth. Her hands ( fins ) of a Koi fish.

This card links up with the MOON card as we know, which has an opposite interpretation, that your to go into the small pond to explore it depths to find the treasure.

La Force

Grizabella

I've enlarged the picture way big and I don't see the least sign that her fingers are webbed. They look like perfectly normal hands to me.

As for the eye thing, in many of the cards I just see markings that remind me totally of the painted lines around the eyes of Venetian masks and Pierrot dolls. Very symbolic of New Orleans and Mardi Gras.

Grizabella

I've enlarged the picture way big and I don't see the least sign that her fingers are webbed. They look like perfectly normal hands to me.

As for the eye thing, in many of the cards I just see markings that remind me totally of the painted lines around the eyes of Venetian masks and Pierrot dolls. Very symbolic of New Orleans and Mardi Gras. Mimes paint their faces this way sometimes, too, I think.

seedcake

For sure in the background I see the entrance. The High Priestess is alluring us but in the same time, she gives me a kind of chills. I'm not sure if I want to go any further. Here The High Priestess can introduce to the dark knowledge which maybe we don't want to know.

These are my thoughts about this card. So alluring but not sure if I really want to know what's hidden behind her.

kaushalyaandfrank

I see towers too...(see my first post ^^ in this thread).

:)

I'm pretty sure it is a broken gate, because on the left side you can see a broken arch extending out to the right (this would look odd if interpreted as belonging to a tower), if you follow its implied semi-circle it will meet the broken arch on the right side.

kaushalyaandfrank

If you stay in a pond there is no growth in any area of your life ( Koi fish and gold fish grow to the size of their pond or environment ) ie: small koi pond koi's will only grow to 10" a larger Koi pond they can grow up to 2 feet.

Therefore she is emerging from the Koi pond (with lilies and air bubbles oxygen) to expand her growth, for she is leaving this pond for the ocean through the (Gate) that is crumbling down, as a sign that she had been swimming in that pond (too small) for too long, which was suppressing her growth. Her hands ( fins ) of a Koi fish.

This card links up with the MOON card as we know, which has an opposite interpretation, that your to go into the small pond to explore it depths to find the treasure.

La Force

Not bad! Supports the traditional meaning nicely :)

Pam O

I´m so excited to have some new life in this study area! Yay! :party: This has become my number one deck and I love to read new insights!

I do think they are towers. But whatever they are I just hadn´t paid any attention to the background at all before. So I´m glad you made me really look at that card again! And re-read the posts (-yes, Elendil, you did say towers earlier :) )

I'm pretty sure it is a broken gate, because on the left side you can see a broken arch extending out to the right (this would look odd if interpreted as belonging to a tower), if you follow its implied semi-circle it will meet the broken arch on the right side.

I am really enjoying all the mind expanding posts, and I want to say "thanks" to everyone who has taken the time and energy to participate in the Ludy Lescot study group, even though it has been awhile since the majority of the activity here....

Initially, I just did not get this card's imagery at all. In the far right corner, I saw a dark house on a misty hill. Now I can see that "house" is more likely a tower with its base shrouded in mist. On the right side, I did see a single dark tower, or a partial arch (gateway).

After ready these posts, I now see the concept of the woman arising from the deep, dark depths of the subconscious / unconscious.