Ludy Lescot - The Star XVII

Aerin

This is one of my favourite cards in the deck. It is peaceful, and I love the way she seems to be picking the reflection of the Star out of the water.

It feels like a moment of reflection, safety and hope between the drama of the Tower and the haunting Moon card.

Hemera

There´s a big frog or a toad on the left corner that I missed at first. The Star lady is not barefoot which is unusual. Her fine boots are getting all wet..

Attachments

• Star.jpg
    Star.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,038

Elendil

This is one of my favourite cards in the deck.

The Star is usually one of my favourite cards across a whole range of decks but in this one I cannot see beyond the strange perspective the artist has adopted. From the posture of the woman it would not be physically possible for her to immerse her hands in the pool unless the water level were much higher (around her skirts).

I guess the card is called The Stars in this deck because the reflection makes it seem as though there is more than one - or is this just a careless LWB title?

I WANT to like this card...but CAN'T.

Aerin

I don't see her as having her hands in the pool. For me, she's dipped them in and pulled them out so the water she had is dripping through her fingers.

Hemera

The Star is usually one of my favourite cards across a whole range of decks but in this one I cannot see beyond the strange perspective
I never noticed this perspective thing before.. Odd.. This is still one of my favourite cards though. I agree with Aerin that there is a wonderful feeling of peace, reflection and safety here. Such a serene card.

I guess the card is called The Stars in this deck because the reflection makes it seem as though there is more than one - or is this just a careless LWB title?
I didn´t notice this either. But I´m guessing it´s just carelessness in the LWB because there are many other such mistakes as well. I haven´t got the LWB with me now but I think the Judgement was spelled differently as well?

Aerin

I seem to think that it is a translation thing, I'm pretty sure that other LS cards have been called The Stars as well but I haven't got one to hand to check.

Shadowdust

Actually there are TWO stars. One on the sky and one on the lake, near the lady's hand.

MaineGirl117

From her posture I think she is sitting on a rock and leaning forward. It appears as though she is trying to scoop up the reflection of the star in the sky.

kaushalyaandfrank

As per the LWB this card seems to be about finding peace and inspiration, and letting go of negative memories. A Ludy take on the traditional meaning then :)

donnalee

I seem to think that it is a translation thing, I'm pretty sure that other LS cards have been called The Stars as well but I haven't got one to hand to check.

The Pagan Tarot by Pace has The Stars on the card, and not in the LWB or big book.