Ludy Lescot - Judgement XX

Hemera

This is a very scary card because the red dots in those people looks like the red laser in guns when they are aiming at someone. Or.. they look like the red dots drawn on people before radiation therapy for cancer. Either way, it´s really scary.
The ground is red with fallen leaves on it. It looks like a Persian rug almost. The people have all bowed their heads and there is someone in front of them all who is raising his fist and looking angry.
Here again the LWB doesn´t make any sense at all: "Have you forgotten what you beautiful face looks like? Being unique must not be more fearful than being anonymous" Errr..what?

Attachments

• Judgement.jpg
    Judgement.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 821

Minotauro

I think that red dot refers to the mark of the beast from the bible book of the apocalipse

and Im guessing that in the background is... well , not an angel :)

Aerin

There is just one figure looking as if they are awake and staring straight at the silhouetted figure, my take on the LWB sentence. This certainly seems like an apocalyptic type vision, but no idea what is going on.

Hemera

So..I got this card as my 2012 Year Card and so I have been studying it again. I find Judgement one of the most difficult cards to interpret in general and in almost any deck and so I have been spending time over in Using Tarot Cards to go through the meanings. Okay, so, it´s about looking back and letting go, a rite of passage, a major change and wiping the slate clean. I can live with all that and it is pretty interesting

But this particular LL Judgement unnerves me. The red dots are scary...

Has anyone got any wiser about this LL Judgement card?

RunningWild

Hi all. I'm glad to see a new post here!

The XX Judgement card has been troublesome for me here, too. Partly because I keep thinking the angry figure in the background is the same one crashing through the stained glass in the XIX Sun card.

From the LWB: "Have you forgotten what you beautiful face looks like? Being unique must not be more fearful than being anonymous"

I had a bit of insight finally after reading your posts. I'm not an apocalyptic type. I understand the 'final judgement' concept but reject it. So what if that seemingly angry figure in the background is cursing God/Creator/Spirit? Telling it that he didn't regret his life and his actions for even one second? That he did everything right? HE isn't going to walk around worn down by guilt. Not him. He knows he led his life to that point just the way it was supposed to be led and he has no reason to turn around (and feels no one or nothing else should force him to) to review the things he's done.

And maybe he's convinced at least one other to shed the guilt. Re: the one woman in the back of the group with her head raised.

Everyone is naked and they hold their heads in shame, walking forward like lambs to the slaughter...except for that shadowy figure and the one woman who has bothered to look up.

My understanding of the Judgement card in general is that it's a sort of an awakening, a realisation, of how we have changed or how we can change. But what if a person doesn't see anything wrong? We might want to assign that individual to that class of person who just never learns, but should we?

Just a note here on the Sun with the dot. Isn't the circle with a dot the sign for the sun? I noticed that only the three people in the back have that red dot. Perhaps they are the only three in the group to actually step outside the fray and begin to see clearly, to see the light. Whereas the others, with gaze downwards, spend all their time reflecting on the past.

Just my two cents.

Hemera

Hi all. I'm glad to see a new post here!
I love to see a post here as well :) I´m still studying this deck and taking daily draws from it and I just *love* to discuss this deck with someone!

The XX Judgement card has been troublesome for me here, too. Partly because I keep thinking the angry figure in the background is the same one crashing through the stained glass in the XIX Sun card.
Oh wow, I never noticed this but now that you mention it it´s quite obvious!

So what if that seemingly angry figure in the background is cursing God/Creator/Spirit? Telling it that he didn't regret his life and his actions for even one second? That he did everything right? HE isn't going to walk around worn down by guilt.
Oh I like this!! I´m not sure he is really cursing God, but he sure could be the one who doesn´t regret anything! I´ve always liked Don Giovanni in Mozart´s opera and the way he sinks to the flames in the end singing that he still stands behind everything he did is awesome. No-one has ever really agreed with me on this. But I love the way he is asked three times: "Will you repent?" and he says "NO" with a conviction. I think it´s heroic :) So this guy could be someone like that,too. Wow, I really like this idea. Thank you!

Just a note here on the Sun with the dot. Isn't the circle with a dot the sign for the sun? I noticed that only the three people in the back have that red dot. Perhaps they are the only three in the group to actually step outside the fray and begin to see clearly, to see the light. Whereas the others, with gaze downwards, spend all their time reflecting on the past..
Wonderful! This goes to my notebook,too.

PS. Any new insights on the Temperance? I got it yesterday as the Daily Draw and nothing like that card happened to me all day..(If you have any new ideas to share, please write them in the appropriate thread so the local moderator won´t have to step in :D)
-or any new insights about abny card? I´m most interested!
-Any ideas for a study idea? Anything we could do together here?I´ve run out of all ideas, I´m afraid...

RunningWild

PS. Any new insights on the Temperance? I got it yesterday as the Daily Draw and nothing like that card happened to me all day..(If you have any new ideas to share, please write them in the appropriate thread so the local moderator won´t have to step in :D)
-or any new insights about abny card? I´m most interested!
-Any ideas for a study idea? Anything we could do together here?I´ve run out of all ideas, I´m afraid...

Hi Hemera!

I haven't been very systematic about studying, I'm afraid. But sometimes in the middle of the night I'll take out the Ludy Lescot and just ponder the images and measure them against what I've learned so far. I do find that I'm more creative with this deck than with most of my others in terms of writing. It seems I see the contrary-ness about them.

I could use another excuse to get creative. I'll take out the Temperance card tonight and ponder it a bit and see what comes from it.

I look forward to sharing again soon.!

RunningWild

I think this week I'll try to get through all the majors and post something about each where I haven't posted before.

I meant to say in my previous post that I liked the reference to Don Giovanni. I haven't heard that opera since my freshman year of college when my music major roommate had to listen to it and analyze it for some class... 31 years ago.

Hemera

I think this week I'll try to get through all the majors and post something about each where I haven't posted before.
I´m really looking forward to discussing this deck with you :thumbsup:

RunningWild

I just posted something about the shadow figure in the X Wheel card. And so to connect them further I'll post it here...could they be the same figure? After all, the figure survived the turn of the Wheel and brought light through crashing a stained-glass window in XIX The Sun card. It would make sense if this figure was making a scene, as it were, XX Judgement.

I can almost imagine the feeling as if since "he" had accomplished all those trials and tried to ...encourage?... someone else to do the same, that "he" might become a bit excitable at having reached this particular point.

NOW I'm sensing the continuity of the majors.