Ludy Lescot-the sixes

skywatching

Is anybody still studying this deck ?

I'm loving this deck but the one card that I'm having trouble understanding is the six of wands.
Theres none of the normal victory meaning with this card or not for me anyway.

I would really like to know how other people interpret this card or when it's come up in a reading what it has meant.

MaineGirl117

Yep! I've used this deck every day for over a year and a half! Sometimes this card is as mundane as referencing photographs - you know how you pose for them, in some sort of celebratory way? The other concept I get from this card is "give the things you love away.. if they were meant for you, they'll come back to you". This would be based off the LWB interpretation.

skywatching

Ahh celebration...now that was something I was thinking about with this card because she looks like she's dressed up going out to celebrate something and that is a six of wands type of thing. I do love the LWB's interpretation of love being too big to be locked in a frame and the setting them free message.

I haven't had this card come up in a reading yet so when it does I guess I'll learn more about it. I'm actually keen to see it show up so I can understand it better !!

Thanks a lot for the insight MaineGirl !!

kaushalyaandfrank

How would you read these cards if they came up as the advice card in a (generic) reading?
Noted that often the cards come with a direct meaning relating specifically to something in the situation, but if they don't...

6C
You are being childish and stubborn and refusing to develop yourself.

6W
Show your love and appreciation in real ways.

6S
Imagine with your mind and you are already one step on the road to realization.

6P
When grieving, focus on helping others in greater need.

Pam O

6 of Pents
Why would the lady be wearing a veil & that hair covering beneath it?

Six of Swords: The man is waving goodbye (or hello?) to a fine big ship in the background.
This time, I'm "seeing" him waving as the ship past by, perhaps daydreaming a bit wistfully as he wishes he was on board going on an adventure....

Six of Cups The clown child. He doesn´t look particularly happy and maybe childhood is a happy time just in our memories? Maybe it wasn´t all that happy back then?
For some, childhood was definitely NOT a particularly happy time in our lives! Maybe someone who longed for happy childhood... That tear: Is it real? Or is it painted on his face?

Is the clown child in a watery tunnel?

ETA: And that clown child is either quite fat, or are they wearing pillows as part of their costume?
Plus his feet are HUGE for a child!

Pam O

Clown hand:
I just noticed his left hand. It is not right. Is it 2 hands palm-to-palm? There seem to be too many fingers for a single hand!

Also, look at his right hand. That does not look like a young child's hand to me. Does it to you?

Here is a close up scan.

Attachments

• img122.jpg
    img122.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 549

Sar

6/Wands gives me a kind of obscure Dorian Grey vibes...
I believe it is because of the frames with images of her family in different stages in life. We know Dorian was able to stay relevant for quite some time, but in the end it became just a phyrrus victory.

Celtictarot

Six of Chalices
To me, this is set in a cave, I can see the opening of the cave and it having water, so we are in one of those beach cave things. Could this be about consciousness? Here is a link about the cave I found http://www.bookrags.com/essay-2005/9/2/144722/4562/#gsc.tab=0 and Plato and Freud both have theories on the "cave" of perception (Dr Pierce - *drools*). Combined with the stairs on the left (Receiving energy) and releasing energy on the right, I feel this is about feeling trapped and you are dressed up like a child. This card is about the situation being too much for you and you regress to being a child in their "happy place". This card screams to me "feeling like a clown", embarrassed that things are on top of you. The steps to me indicate that you are not moving in your conscious awareness and you feel everything is on top of you (hence the water). Your emotions are run ragged.

When you feel you are not coping, you feel like you become the kid literally as you feel small and you have nowhere to go. Hence the adult hands and feet, which is still linking you to your adult self.

Six of Pentacles

I thought she was a goth as well?!

Anyways, I see this scene as being a castle's forecourt, or even an enclosed fort. There seems to be a bridge, which in ye olde tymes were the gates to the castle. This could be the after effect of some sort of war. The little lad blind, the two girld seemingly well off, and the young woman who I think is a queen, who lost her king young. Although the battlefield isn't in the town, the men of the town fought in the battle. In the background to me there is houses and that post mentioned looks to me like signage. They've all just lost something, however the queen still has her duties to do.

Six of Wands

This card to me has an energy of how the Charmed family on TV. Could there be a family lineage to the home? She defo looks as though she is off to a wedding. could she be the one who lost out? as per the guidebook, it mentions about giving away people who you love, I feel it could be a much loved sister or she may have had the hots for the groom. Maybe the victory here is that she escaped being with someone who wouldn't be for her highest potential anyways.

Six of Swords

I get a few different things with this card, in no particular order:

1. The boat is leaving the harbour and continuing on its journey as the sword dude comes to shore.
2. He is waving goodbye to someone in the ship.
3. The swords on his bag must feel very heavy. I feel they are past baggage / wisdom gained on his travels.
4. The veil which was previously there, (hiding wisdom) is dissipating, so therefore there is more wisdom being gained.
5. Sun on opposite side to fool card. So there is some light being cast on the matter at hand, so it can be dealt with, as well as the showering of infinite wisdom as being shown by the shadows on the pole.

Sar

6/Cups

This card came up recently in a reading about acne problems where the solution to hide it was pile and pile of foundation where the end result looked very cakey (the clowns mask) instead of cleaning the skin (the water behind the child) and show people the no makeup face for some weeks instead of cover it with heavy makeup.