Ludy Lescot -the sevens

Hemera

Seven of Wands: He is fighting in a forest which seems to be on fire. There are just six wands and only six trees on the background so where is the seventh? Maybe he himself is meant to be the seventh? Neither the fight nor the forest fire look very serious, at this point anyway.

Seven of Swords: He is sitting in a big and beautiful hall with weapons on the wall and a glass painting at the back of teh huge room. The picture in the glass painting looks like the traditional RWS Seven of Swords. He has a lamp on the table but also a candle on the floor. Maybe he has walked here along the dark corridors of his castle in the middle of the night to check something out in his blueprints and he has needed the candle for that walk? Or maybe the blueprints belong to someone else and he should´t be looking at them at all? The black cat and the lamp both look like in the Hermit but the man looks different.

Seven of Chalices:A beautiful lady is leaning on a mirror and she looks very sad. She has been reading a letter which is now on the floor. Maybe it is a letter from the man in the mirror? The skeleton in the mirror could be her own and maybe the man seen in the mirror is the one she has been mourning in many cards already? (4 of Swords, 5 of Chalices). Maybe the mirror is a door to the otherworld?
There are seven chalices here but one is hidden behind the woman. She has lovely mermaid/fish shoes.

Seven of Pentacles: I thought this was also a mirror but it looks like a window that is reflecting her face. The seven lavender roses represent the seven pentacles. She is inside the same castle we have seen in other cards as well. The grey stone wall and the stone floor look cold and hard but the gilded chair she is sitting on has a soft and warm coloured seat. Is she contemplating escape through the open window?

Hemera

Oh how interesting about the floor!
I also remember reading about the symbolism of black and white and its connection to the Grail legend and Percival. I have a book about that somewhere..I´ll get back to this..

Hemera

Seven of Chalices: She has lovely mermaid/fish shoes.
I just noticed that the shoes are different and both for the right foot. So maybe it means she is not well grounded in reality.

MaineGirl117

7 of Wands

Some interesting interpretations have come around with this card for me:

I don't read 'reversals' per se, but if the card comes out reversed, I just see which way the person in the card is facing and interpret cards in such a manner as to reflect the action (energy).

So, this card has come off as either being on offense or defense - for me specifically with driving and trying to avoid something in the road!

The man looks like he's surrounded by a *Ring of Fire* - Johnny Cash anybody? :D

Playing off that theme, he reminds me in a literal sense then of a Fire Fighter (which would make the Chariot the Fire Truck!!!)

Lastly, a 'Trial By Fire' or 'Out of the frying pan and into the fire' type scenario

MaineGirl117

7 of Chalices

Seven of Chalices:A beautiful lady is leaning on a mirror and she looks very sad. She has been reading a letter which is now on the floor. Maybe it is a letter from the man in the mirror? The skeleton in the mirror could be her own and maybe the man seen in the mirror is the one she has been mourning in many cards already? (4 of Swords, 5 of Chalices). Maybe the mirror is a door to the otherworld?

I like your last observation here. I think this is entirely possible. This is somebody who has 'passed over' to the other side or is in a parallel universe?? Could also be somebody coming to her from her past? Or, somebody that is going to enter her life (not necessarily a male) but she either doesn't know them (she can't see his face) or she can't put a face to a name?

I like the lead in to this card with the 6/cups boy having make-up/mask on his face.. we don't know who he *really* is... This card might be the *TA-DA* moment! Then they run off, get married, have... well... and baby makes 3! })

Hemera

7/Chalices

This is somebody who has 'passed over' to the other side or is in a parallel universe?? Could also be somebody coming to her from her past?
)

I got this card this morning and the special 7/chalices-thing that happened to me today was a rather special message from the past. My dad finally found and gave me an old brooch that had been my grandmother´s. It´s by no means valuable as jewellery, just gilded silver or something like that. But it´s loaded with memories and I remember seeing her wearing it when I was a child. I think I will occasionally wear it in her honor.

So..today I added "message from the past" to my tarot notebook for this card.

MaineGirl117

I got this card this morning and the special 7/chalices-thing that happened to me today was a rather special message from the past. My dad finally found and gave me an old brooch that had been my grandmother´s. It´s by no means valuable as jewellery, just gilded silver or something like that. But it´s loaded with memories and I remember seeing her wearing it when I was a child. I think I will occasionally wear it in her honor.

So..today I added "message from the past" to my tarot notebook for this card.

Oh, that's interesting! Especially with her little jewelry box sitting there next to her.

I hadn't given it much thought, but I had come across my Grandmother's angel pin a few weeks ago (it's just glass) and I've been setting it right next to my stones on my table where I read.

I was told some time back, that if the person passed away from an illness, and wore a piece of jewelry frequently, then you should cleanse it before wearing it yourself.

Just throwing that out there!

Blast from the Past... who knew.

Hemera

I was told some time back, that if the person passed away from an illness, and wore a piece of jewelry frequently, then you should cleanse it before wearing it yourself..
Oh yes, I have heard about this but I had quite forgotten. Good point, thanks.