Reading for January

Minderwiz

January,

I have looked over both of your charts and will make some tentative comments. I feel it is important for me to stress two things. Firstly I don’t believe in fate and I don’t believe that Astrology shows what will happen. I use Astrology to identify trends and opportunities but it is our own free will that decides what will happen. Thus any relationship no matter how badly aspected can be made to work and work well and a relationship no matter how well starred can fail because the partners sat back and put in too little effort.

Secondly, I’m a student and I treat my statements with caution, my interpretations are those of a learner.

OK with that out of the way here goes:

You are predominantly Earth with some Air and relatively little Fire and Water. You have Venus in Capricorn as ruler of your Taurus Ascendant and this is in mutual reception to Saturn in Taurus, which is also your Sun’s Ruler. You are a practical person who is well grounded. You also have a T Square in fixed signs, involving Sun, Moon and Mercury in the ninth House and Saturn in the twelfth and Jupiter in the Sixth. This is probably your main driving force. The basic message is to be flexible in matters relating to your ninth House of travel, higher education and philosophy. The lack of Fire in your chart is balanced by Planets in the Trinity of Life, the First, Fifth and Ninth Houses but the lack of Water still remains, so you may find it difficult to express your emotions and feelings and your Scorpio ruled Seventh House may well indicate that partnerships are the main way in which you can compensate for the lack of Water.

You are probably looking for a partner who is self disciplined, organised, good at business or appears to be an authority figure and you’re prepared to travel either physically or philosophically to find him. Indeed with Saturn, the Sun’s ruler in the twelfth you may be drawn to someone who is older that yourself and seems to be an authority in spiritual matters or at least has spiritual knowledge that you are seeking. With Venus in the ninth you are cautious and prudent in your expressions of love until you feel able to make a commitment and then it is for life and you will drop the barriers. Again travel and education may well be the ways in which you can express your relationships with others. Mars is well aspected to Venus giving a good balance between your ability to relate to others and your basic drives. You have Mars in Pisces and this tends to colour your assertiveness with a compassion and sympathy for others but it may make you emotionally vulnerable. Mars is also in the eleventh House of friendships and associations, so I would think that you tend to assert yourself through your friendships and associations. It may well be that partners come from these groups.

Your fifth House of Romance is ruled by Mercury so communications and being on the same wavelength as a boyfriend are important. Mercury is in the Ninth so again there is a link here to travel or higher education as a background to romance. Mercury is also conjunct the Moon and this tends to emphasise your common sense. However Mercury is retrograde in your chart so it may not be as easy for you to express this as to feel it. Mercury square Saturn indicates that you probably learn the hard way but it does give you something of a voice of authority. Uranus and Pluto in your fifth give an unpredictable nature to romantic partnerships and also an element of the unusual. You may well be looking for a relationship as a means of personal transformation but Uranus will always leave a strong element of your own individuality there. Mercury and the Moon are well aspected to both these planets bringing some buried emotions but essentially emotional independence and also a view that knowledge is power. You are a strong believer in free speech and believe in speaking the truth. Uranus is also square to Venus which can indicate unconventional behaviour and the need for some significant individual freedom in relationships. It can indicate that you have a magnetic attraction to others but they will need to be full of surprises to keep the relationship going.

Your Seventh House of relationships and partnerships (including marriage) is ruled by Pluto in the fifth and Mars in the eleventh.. Again this suggests that partnerships will be a means to profound personal change. You have Neptune in the Seventh virtually on the cusp. This tends to indicate an attraction to people you see as self sacrificing and giving or possible who are self destructive. You really need to ensure you see them as they really are rather than through a veil of illusion. The Moon is Sextile to Neptune which tends to indicate a sensitivity to suffering and perhaps elusive feelings. The latter in terms of a relationship may not be particularly supportive but the former may well be.

The strong links between the Ninth, Eleventh, Fifth and Seventh Houses make me feel that friendships, associations, travel and educational development will all play a part in romantic partnerships as far as you are concerned.

Please let me know if this is in any sense accurate before I post on your boyfriend.

Blessings

Minderwiz

january

Oh, Minderwiz, that was so on the money! Especially the lack of water/Scorpio in the 7th... I always counted on my relationships as a haven as well as a venue for emotions. I am cautious to opening up my heart but when I do, I fall hard. On the other hand, because I'm so protective of my emotions I quickly weed out "undesireables". I'm can also easily bore if someone is too predictable or can't keep up with me on an intellectual level. (If he can make me laugh, its a big plus!) And yes, I'm an idealist and am attracted to those I feel need saving... its happened all of my life. Hmmm...

Your Seventh House of relationships and partnerships (including marriage) is ruled by Pluto in the fifth and Mars in the eleventh.. Again this suggests that partnerships will be a means to profound personal change

Very true. I have made a point to see what I have learned from each relationship and what I have learned in the past HAS profoundly changed me and my ways of relating.

Thank you so much! I'm curious to see my boyfriend's make-up...

Peace ~

~ january

Minderwiz

Well here's the interpretation for him:

Your boyfriend is actually predominantly Water followed by Fire and Earth but with little Air, though he has some compensation from planets in the Trinity of Relationships. He predominantly relies on feelings and emotions to judge reality. This tends to conflict with his Fire Sun sign.

His chart also has something of a See-Saw pattern between the first and seventh Houses. This tends to indicate swings between ‘Me’ and ‘Us’ and indeed a tension between the individual and the relationship. If this tension is worked on and addressed then all will be well. This requires some real degree of self honesty.

His Sun is in his first House but with Pisces as the rising sign and a Pisces Moon and Mercury he will find it difficult to reconcile his will and creative drive with the way in which he projects himself to others, his feelings about himself and others and the way in which he communicates and thinks. The Aries Sun keeps finding the Pisces dominance in its way and may feel that it is being swamped. He is also mainly a mix of Cardinal and Mutable signs. He is good at getting things going, and changing when he needs to but staying power is not his strong point. Mercury which is his communication and thought processes is weekly placed in Pisces so he may sometimes drift off into daydreams. Saturn in his first House in Aries is also weakly placed so he may have difficulty learning lessons and exercising self discipline. This is an area that he will have to deal with as life goes on, if he hasn’t tackled it already.

His chart contains a Mystic Rectangle between Neptune, Venus, Mercury and Uranus/Pluto it brings an extremely strong sense of balance, structure and harmony between these four planets – though finding this balance is not automatic, it is something to be worked for. However it will allow him to find a more integrated self and to reconcile the oppositions involved.

With a Pisces Moon he is looking for the woman of his dreams. Probably someone who will empathise with him, protect him and feed him spiritually. He is looking most likely for a Water sign or failing that an Earth sign partner. He may not be looking for someone who is practical but he probably needs someone who is practical to help him ground all those feelings.

With the Moon in the twelfth and in Pisces, he will be dealing with mixed feelings and emotional cross currents and indeed may find it difficult to individualise his emotions. However he can be extremely empathic to others and this is a good placement for therapists and healers. However there will be periods when he needs to be left to himself. Also the Moon makes no major aspects so he may find it difficult to integrate his feelings into his personality.

Venus is in his second house and in Taurus, which it rules. Material property and success will be important because it allows a comfortable life and the acquisition of beautiful possessions. He is likely to be able to relate to others through his natural talents and possessions. Venus is trine to Pluto and Uranus which are in his Seventh house and therefore his relationships and partnerships will be both unusual, individual and possibly seen as a means of self transformation. He also has Venus sextile to Mercury, if Mercury were slightly better placed I’d guess that he would make a good poet or writer, as it is he is probably good with words and thoughts in a relationship. Venus is also in opposition to his Chart ruler Neptune, which is in the eighth House. He may well have an idealised notion of beauty and romance – romantic fantasies or, in the eighth, slightly darker fantasies. The problem with the opposition is that these fantasies may prevent reality seeping through and he gets himself easily into relationships but somehow they don’t work out.

Venus is also ruler of Libra, which is in the seventh House and contains Mars. Mars in the seventh is not particularly well placed as it may indicate a tendency to be dominant or aggressive in relationships. In Libra this might be toned down to preserve harmony but it won’t go away. It can however be confronted and overcome.

Mars in the seventh, is part of a T square in Cardinal signs, in opposition to his part of Fortune and square to Jupiter. In Cardinal signs this is concerned with the issue of identity. With the apex in Cancer, the issue is emotional identity. Impulsiveness is also a characteristic of the Cardinal T square. The task is to try and blend the three together to harness Mars, Jupiter and fortune. Again his Part of Fortune is in his first House – finding himself will bring him health and the ability to harness the energy of Mars and the good luck of Jupiter within Romance and marriage.

His fifth House is ruled by the Moon and contains Jupiter. Romance will be an emotional experience, to be felt rather than to be rationalised. Jupiter here will offer a chance for personal expansion through romantic attachments but also possibly this in turn may mean seeking numerous attachments. Jupiter is square to Mars so this may reinforce the latter tendency.

Pluto in the seventh rules the eighth House which contains Neptune – this may bring dreams and fantasies which can be spiritually uplifting or on a negative side, self destructive tendencies. I can’t see that much to emphasise the latter, its more likely that dreams and fantasies will play a role in sex and partnerships but not in a particularly negative way.

Like you he has aspects from Mercury to both Uranus and Pluto – these are oppositions rather than easy aspects so he may be a little over individualistic and rebellious and he may tend to use language as a weapon when he is angered.

Well I've now covered both of you. I do have a chart for the relationship as a whole but I'd like to hear your feelings first on your boyfriends interpretation and any other comments you might have.

Blessings

Minderwiz

january

Wow, this certainly brings clarity to his personality. What I’ve noticed about him through our relationship and discussions is how he seems to gravitate toward creative types. I am an artist as was his most recent ex-girlfriend. I’ve thought many a time that he attempts to fulfill his inner creativity through associations. I know that as a child he was encouraged by several teachers to attend the area arts school, but he refused. He also confided in me that he has filled a few notebooks with poetry and personal feelings – things he will never share with anyone.

In the beginning, he was very “us” and he had been in such an “I” mood over the past month. I’ve been very patient with this, allowing him his space. Also “he gets himself easily into relationships but somehow they don’t work out” is very true. Most of his exes have given up on him, he then goes through a depression for a sizeable period then starts it all over again! I feel that these others have just given up on him and could no longer give any more to the relationship.

Regarding Venus/2nd House/Taurus, he is not materialistic yet does enjoy comfort and luxury. I’ve noticed a lazy streak as well.

The Moon in Pisces/12th House you mentioned is a good placement for a healer/therapist. He is, in fact, a firefighter and EMT.

He does have a self-destructive nature one aspect of which is the way he subconsciously sabotages relationships. He is also a heavy drinker, perhaps to deaden some of the emotions he’s fighting.

Outwardly, he has many friends, although some I feel are superficial. He’s well-liked and always out to make people laugh, even if its at his expense. He’s generally good-natured.

Again, Minderwiz, thank you for all of your time. You are truly a blessing to this forum. I hope others who are reading this thread are learning as much as I am!

~ Peace

~ january

Minderwiz

January,

Thanks for the feedback again. I'll now mull over what you've said and relook at my notes for the relationship chart. I can then post something that is a little more informed. It will probably be some time tomorrow morning (UK time).

Incidentally we nearly visited Bridgeport in July. We were stopping with some friends on Long Island and the ferry journey over was one of the things on our list. We just never managed to fit it in - all those Long Island Wineries just had too much pull!

Take care

Minderwiz

january

LOL, you didn't miss much by not stopping in Bridgeport! But the ferry ride over the sound is pretty cool. I was actually doing a project last spring for a wine festival in Long Island. Its actually the richest vineyard area in the Northeast US. I'm glad you got to enjoy it!

~ january

Minderwiz

January,

This is my interpretation of the chart comparing your positions to his. Once again there is something of a See-Saw pattern to the planetary positions. The postions show something of a See Saw between the Eleventh and Twelfth Houses on the one hand and the Fifth and Sixth on the other.

I have therefore grouped my comments into those features which support the relationship and those which do not. In such See-Saw there is basically two courses of action – try to achieve a harmonious balance or let the See-Saw tip up and get off.

Positive influences on the relationship

His Venus is conjunct your Ascendant this is an excellent indicator of strong romantic attachment. His Venus is sextile to your Pluto which gives strong sexual attraction and can be a very helpful placement in romantic and marital partnerships. His Venus is also in your twelfth House which suggests close psychic and emotional links – he is sympathetic and compassionate towards you.

Your Mars is in his first House which may well indicate that you are spurs to action for each other.

His Jupiter is in your third house suggesting that you communicate well together.

His Uranus is trine your Sun, suggesting an unusual and exciting relationship. His Uranus is also in your fifth House suggesting a strong magnetic and romantic attraction.

His Neptune is sextile your Sun indicating intuitive links between the two of you and this is reinforced by his Pluto being trine your Sun. – Intuitively you get on well together. His Neptune is also in your seventh House and this can indicate idealistic love and a sharing of spiritual, artistic, religious, imaginative values and perceptions. Neptune is also his chart ruler so the link between you is strengthened.

Negative influences on the relationship

Your boyfriend’s Sun is Square your Sun, which can suggest ego conflicts and his Sun is also square your Venus which can indicate difficulties in emotional adjustments.. His Sun is in opposition to your Uranus, suggesting a clash of wills and his Mars is square your Moon which can be a difficult and explosive aspect

I also did a composite chart for the relationship as a whole. This has the Sun, Moon and Mercury all in the eleventh House which is a very good position for long term friendship, mutual trust and the ability to communicate well as friends as long as the focus of your relationship remains love and friendship. There are again clear indications of a spiritual link between you as well as physical attraction.

Again the shape of the chart is a See-Saw between the eleventh/twelfth Houses on the one hand and the sixth on the other. This is between friendship and spiritual side and work or service or healing, The twelfth can also be a difficult house, it is sometimes referred to as the house of self undoing. There may well be conflicts between the demands of work and the demands of friendship and spiritual aspiration.

The relationship has Venus and Saturn in the twelfth both difficult positions. Venus may lead to an exploration of those parts of the relationship that have the greatest social and emotional dangers. You will both need to be fully aware of what you are doing here. Saturn here may mean that factors that will restrict or adversely affect the relationship may go unnoticed till they have done irreparable damage. There needs to be an awareness of what is going on and a strong commitment to make things work. A mitigating factor is that Saturn is virtually on the relationship ascendant and in a positive way this can indicate a serious and lasting relationship – the longer it lasts the less chance it will end.

The relationship also has a Venus Pluto opposition and again this can indicate powerful and dangerous influences – at one extreme you both want each other so badly it can become almost a religious experience – at the other one may seek to dominate the other and the relationship is full of power plays.

There is a Sun Neptune square which can indicate confusion and (possibly) mutual deception. Fantasy may rule rather than reality and if it is punctured then there will be great disappointment – Failed expectations are the greatest enemy of the relationship.

I get the feeling that there are strong forces both for and against. What matters therefore is that if the relationship is going to work there must be a clear mutual agreement to make it work and to use the good communications between you to ensure that you are completely honest with each other. There are strong influences from Uranus, Neptune and Pluto – the first stresses individuality but within the context of human relationships, The second stresses spiritual development from a positive point of view but threatens deception and fantasy from a negative side and the third stresses personal transformation. These three forces need to be confronted and dealt with by the two of you.

You have indicated that his previous girl friends gave up on him but that you are attracted to the notion of saving him from his own self-destructive tendencies. If you fail to do so the relationship will clearly fail – but if you do save him from himself – where do you go next?

Blessings

Minderwiz

january

Minderwiz, many blessings for your work and insight. I cannot thank you enough. I am printng this and meditating upon this. But, sadly, i ended our relationship last night when he informed me that he has been seeing his ex for the past month. i am determined to save him from this very, very bad choice he has made - his self-destruction at work again. this other girl betrayed him, used him and lied to him and will most likely do so again. In light, we communicated well, although sorrowfully as he still loves me but is still infatuated with her. (we have a wonderful way of 'non-arguing'). I needed to let him go to find out for himself. Deep inside I feel that all is not lost and if we keep the channels of communication open perhaps I can encourage some sense into him.

There is a Sun Neptune square which can indicate confusion and (possibly) mutual deception. Fantasy may rule rather than reality and if it is punctured then there will be great disappointment – Failed expectations are the greatest enemy of the relationship...

This part struck me the most. Funny, we both had the same expectations - we beleived we would end up marrying each other. He failed, however, to meet my expectation, perhaps because I did not communicate my true feelings enough. I suppose I was living a fantasy whilst ignoring the gut feeling I've had for the past month. (I will learn someday that my intuition never fails me!). We both ignored the reality that something was wrong. When we faced the reality, it was sad on one hand but brought clarity on the other. All of the cards are out on the table now - false expectations are gone and I feel that by doing this the would-be relationship is somewhat strengthened. If we do re-establish our union, I will be keenly aware of what we are doing and keep everything in check. I will very kindly encorage him to do the same.

Minderwiz, thank you so much for bringing to light the points of this most precious relationship. It will be much help in my future contact with him, especially if we decide to re-build the relationship. Just like The Tower, everything needed to be stripped down, illusions and all, to make way for The Star to begin its healing and nurturing.

in love and light -

~ january

Minderwiz

January,

I too do not think that the relationship is finally over but you were right to give him time and space. My feeling is that until he confronts his self destructive side - the negative side of Neptune and Pisces, he will not hold down a relationship for any length of time. In a real sense he is pursuing a fantasy.

If you do get back together again then you personally need to keep yourself very much grounded and be very honest with yourself and with him.

A relationship based on trying to save him from himself may work at the level of friendship but I'm not sure whether it works at a marital level. If you don't save him the relationship breaks down, if you do save him then what is the future purpose of the relationship?

There are strong attractors at work but don't let your (and I mean your) fantasies take hold - be honest with yourself think through your purpose and it could well work. However the See-Saw will always be there and it needs constant attention to prevent it from tipping over. That attention may abe deeply rewarding but it still needs to be given.

My thoughts are with you at this time - you have reserves of strength and will do what is right.

Love

Minderwiz

january

Blessings to you, Minderwiz for your kind thoughts and words. I feel much love right now because I am getting so much support from friends.

I spoke with him last night and, keeping in mind the "See-Saw", I pointed out to him very kindly that he needs to take time to determine if his feelings for this girl are real or just an infatuation and fantasy stemming from confusion and perhaps weakness. I told him that by forever escaping into an idealist and fantasy world that he will continue to sabotage his chances for true happiness and inner peace.

I am now working to ground myself and taking this time for myself as well to sort out my true feelings and expectations of the relationship. I aim to surround myself with love and emit positive thoughts and energy. And, being the Capricorn I am, I'm throwing myself into my work ;)

Thank you for your love, support and soul-opening insight ~

~ january