Doreen Virtue Decks changes and such

Charlie Brown

To be fair, by the way - a LOT of people say Ta-ROE. Including some well respected members here.

I do, but only when I'm trying to be purposefully pretentious and woo-woo. As in saying "perhaps you should consider opening yourself fully to the mysteries of the tuh-ROW" when I'm trying to bother my friends into letting me read for them.

Disa

You evil, evil gregory! ROFL

OK, just so you have an idea, Carojulie, here is a video of her. (She's the one on the left.)

Wait!Wait! I thought DV had blonde hair? Was the blonde hair just for the Angels? Did she color it dark when she started doing Tarot? I've really not kept up with it all. I can't watch that video.

AnemoneRosie

I was confused by the dark hair as well. I'd long thought of her as blonde. Maybe it was to help market the angels though. Or maybe it clashed with Radleigh. Who knows.

Disa

I was confused by the dark hair as well. I'd long thought of her as blonde. Maybe it was to help market the angels though. Or maybe it clashed with Radleigh. Who knows.

Ok, I thought so but I started to doubt it. Maybe the blonde was for the Angelic Angels and the Dark was for when she came over to the Dark side of Tarot. Anyway- I thought Angels ARE part of Christianity-I don't really understand why she's doing any of this.

Oh and as for the pronunciation taROW- I've heard quite a few people say it like that in the more ritzy areas. My favorite was the 3 generations of women sitting in the floor at the local metaphysical shop looking at Tarrot cards (rhymes with carrot) :)

gregory

Wait!Wait! I thought DV had blonde hair? Was the blonde hair just for the Angels? Did she color it dark when she started doing Tarot? I've really not kept up with it all. I can't watch that video.
In cheap and nasty woman's magazines (look, I'll read ANYTHING !) there is always her syndicated column - My guardian angel - and she ALWAYS has blonde hair in those.

Like this - or this - but TRAGICALLY there is no image on line :D The magazine I have kicking around here from only last November - which is AFTER she put out the Guardian Angels video - has this one. Enjoy.

Actually I must buy a new one and see if the column is still running...

Carojulie

You evil, evil gregory! ROFL

OK, just so you have an idea, Carojulie, here is a video of her. (She's the one on the left.)
hello Flizarraga, thank you very much for the link.
Now it makes me wonder... what was so frightening about their Angel tarot deck that they had to make a gentler Guardian angel tarot deck so we wont be afraid anymore ? Sounds like the first frigthening Angel tarot deck was full of monsters and all !!! That has made me curious about both decks actually, lol !

I had heard of her before, but never been interested because all the angels an fairies in this sort of art style are not my thing (I do not mean to offend anyone here... to each their own ! I do like my angels sometimes, dont we all, but for me, just not painted in pastel colors and dressed in white robes with long hairs and beards, most of the times)

But now my interest is aroused. I would not consider such a deck a working deck, but she seems to have a particularly unique take on Tarot, so I wonder if it is worth it to see a deck of hers ? And if so, which one would you recommand as the one most representing her take on tarot ? I am not sure I would want to invest money in a deck I might never use, but I would like at least to look it up on the net.

PS : you all are a naughty lot ! When I saw the video, I thought to myself that she kind of looked a little like the actress for Morticia Adams, and in my mind that is a compliment ! Morticia Adams is a sexy lot, you have to admit that (and Gomez a hot one too, I would not mind saying ;) )

seven stars

Anyone who is a devout christian fundamentalist can Not be ok with Taerrrooohhh. There are just too many bible verses against it.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/fortune_tellers_and_psychics

http://biblereasons.com/psychics-and-fortune-tellers/

There's a million of em. Along with gays a lot of others, they're even allowed to kill us, at least according to the bible. Which completely conflicts with the whole "thou shalt not kill" thing but apparently we're the exception.

So, no matter how sweetly you dress it up, it's still Tarot, it's still fortune telling.

My cousin is one of these over-the-topsters & she gave me a whole list of the evil things on TV you can't let your children watch. Among them were Barbie, My Little Pony, Spongebob & of course Teletubbies. All evil.

So, it's impossible to "christianize" & sweeten down Tarot (even though so many of the images are biblical). It's still fortune telling no matter how many angels you put on it, no matter how "not scary" it is.

gregory

I do, but only when I'm trying to be purposefully pretentious and woo-woo. As in saying "perhaps you should consider opening yourself fully to the mysteries of the tuh-ROW" when I'm trying to bother my friends into letting me read for them.
It is commonly pronounced Ta-ROE when speaking French or German, so anyone fluent in those languages is quite likely to... Pretentiousness has nothing to do with it. (On a bad day our Lillie used to say Tarrot - to rhyme with carrot.)

There's a whole thread here discussing this, actually.

TWO, even.

And a poll, yet !