Faerie concerns...

floracove

I've been able to read some of the posts here.

And well, I'm wondering...

I'm fun loving & good hearted!

I am also a no-nonsense type, when it comes to my keys and other such items.
There are certain things I do not let my children handle, or play with, for the simple reason of it seems unhealthy, or that the item may be lost.

I haven't recieved my deck yet, but I'm wondering...
Do they take well to being told what I will not put up with?
Things that should be considered 'off limits' to them?

There are lots of questions going on in my mind to the ways, I've read they act.

Would trinket offerings to them, help to curb their appetite for these type things?

Alissa

As for the "borrowers" tendency with Fae work, you can rest assured they really don't pilfer your house clean, and rarely do they take anything we consider valuable.

The kinds of things I notice missing are small - right now, my "oil can" (miniature one) for my spinning wheel is one of their favorite possessions. I cannot figure out why. I just know I ALWAYS put my oil can back on my craft room bookshelves at adult eye level, way too high for my son's 3 year old hands to get into.

And about every 6 months, I will look for my oil can, and lo and behold... it's gone again. When I ask for it back, I find it a few days later somewhere absolutely ridiculous (on top of the piano). They used to adore my Carmex (a lip balm) round little glass containers. They took so many of those over the years. I didn't need them back and never called for them to return those though.

(Alissa's real question... why do Fae need glycerin products???)

Here's the thing I've discovered with Fae energy... they either cannot or simply will not steal. If you tell them you Need the item back, it almost ALWAYS comes back (I'm thinking a 97% return rate) within the next few days to a week. I don't know why this Universal law seems to hold true, but it does - if you notice the item is missing, and you tell them that you Need it back (not want but Need), it will shortly return.

First, you have to notice that the item itself is missing. Often, this is a trick to itself... "Where *is* that red and green plaid bra of mine? My god, I haven't seen it since last year or so? I swear I packed it right here in this drawer, so where is it?" The items they take from my house, sometimes I just don't notice, I think. They're things I don't typically look for every day, or need all the time.

Next, once noticed missing, you call out for it, explain to the empty air why you Need the item for yourself, and it will return. Say it out loud - I know, it's silly, but it has always worked for me. Besides, Fae are great at getting humans to act silly.

You can also set boundaries and Fae are generally not malicious nor wanting to cross those points. ("Look... you guys can have just about anything you want to play with, but you can NOT have this asthmatic inhaler. I know it looks cool, but we Need it, so please respect that.")

Having said all this, I'm ready to be labelled looney... ;) Your Fae may be far less interactive.

Don't fear them, I say. They are not malicious for the sake of being hateful. They're occassionally cruel to teach you things - example, if you slip and fall, once you're down you have a new perspective, don't you? That's the only kind of "cruelty" I know the Fae will employ.

And they like to make fun of you too - for the purpose of teaching you to laugh at yourself. Fae will drop snow on your head when you sit under trees in winter and then laugh their heads off at the silly human who looks up, like, "What?" They love that kinda stuff.

Jewel

I concurr with Alissa, that has been my experience exactly. The key like she said is you have to notice that the article is missing and yes ... you have to talk to the air and express your need for the item. If it is not that important I usually let them know I know they have it, and if I do not need it immediately I tell them they are welcome to play with it a little longer but that I will need it within a week or two ... that seems to take all the fun out of it for them *LOL*. I think they like to see how well we pay attention to our own surroundings.

lark

They just took my lucite crystal ball stand.
I found it in the oddest spot.
and do you think that i can remember where i found it?
Nope!
I think they erased my memory because they thought it was a good hidding spot and they'd like to use it again.
But they did show me where it was after I asked for it.
But now my wooden one is missing AAAARRRRGGGG!

What are they doing with them playing hoola hoop?

Apollonia

The final straw

Okay, this thread has pushed me over the edge and into full-blown "I want the Faeries Oracle now" mode. I thought I was a Tarot-only sort of gal, and I don't know why, but out of the blue a couple of weeks ago I started obsessively reading all the Faeries Oracle posts, and in no time I was thinking faery this faery that all day long! Is this what happens? You start just mildly contemplating, "Hmm, I think I sort of like faeries," and then you just can't get them out of your mind until you actually order the deck and they move in??? I think I'm in trouble here... (LOL).

lark

Re: The final straw

Coatl said:
Okay, this thread has pushed me over the edge and into full-blown "I want the Faeries Oracle now" mode. I thought I was a Tarot-only sort of gal, and I don't know why, but out of the blue a couple of weeks ago I started obsessively reading all the Faeries Oracle posts, and in no time I was thinking faery this faery that all day long! Is this what happens? You start just mildly contemplating, "Hmm, I think I sort of like faeries," and then you just can't get them out of your mind until you actually order the deck and they move in??? I think I'm in trouble here... (LOL).
Well, Coatl I wish I could help you but I'm too busy looking for my wooden crystal ball stand....
Oh what the heck....
Honey, there is no help for you, they are Faeries and if they want to come and live with you they will.
And untill you buy them they will invade your dreams and you will think of them day and night ...
You will obsessively read about them and think about them untill they make their way into your life.
And then you are hooked.
All the Aeclectic Faerie People reading this are nodding their heads in a very knowing way.
So feel honored that they are choosing you.
I will pull a card for you....
Ahhh They love you!
You got The Faery Who was Kissed by the Pixies.
This card is all about bonding and deep feelings.
Especially in relationships.
They want to open your heart and make your life richer and deeper as you come to know and love them.
Aww isn't that sweet?
Boy, you are in trouble :D

floracove

Hey lark!

Pull one for me!

I'll pull one for you in awhile!

lark

Oh flora you too?
Boy the Faerie's have been busy throwing faerie dust.
But that is common in the fall here.
They want to get in a cozy warm house before winter so they like to attach themselves to you in the fall.
But not untill all the apple cider has been brought in.
They don't like to miss a drop! ;)

Your cards is....HEEHEEHEE
Luathas the Wild!!!!
They want to bring some wild creative energy into your life.
They want to help you put a little risk back in your everyday world.
Have things been to quiet and predictable?
Sweet, dear Lauathas will fix that!
Lauathas likes to be around the life force fire, dancing and waving his skinny green arms, encouraging it to burn, burn, burn.
It seems that the Faerie's are going to bring wild creative ideas to you and infuse your readings with a new recharged energy.
Sounds like you're in for a fast ride with your Faeries.
Watch out for speeding tickets.

Alissa

Oh Coatl... lark is right... you've been chosen. Now the best thing to do is give in to the Fae mania and enjoy~! :D

For myself, I've always loved faeries, and always loved Frou'ds work. When I found the deck on the net (originally) I couldn't stop looking at the AT sample pics. I would bring up the page almost every day just to look at them... I didn't know why. Just wanted to, and obsessive deck-lust as well. ;)

I kept thinking about the pics and the deck and Faeries and certain moments in my day (was that Fae influenced?)... waiting for my deck to arrive via mail was torture. I was so excited I couldn't stand it.

Alissa, to hubby, who grew to understand Fae mania:
"Only 1 more week until my Faeries will be here..."
"Only 4 more days, I can't wait.... I can't wait!"
"They should be here tomorrow, I hope! Tomorrow, tomorrow!"

Then they finally arrive and you're both filled with joy, and wonder, and even a little disappointment (after all that build up, that's natural).

diane drizzy

Hi floracove!

"Do they take well to being told what I will not put up with"? :eek:
Not!!!!!!
My guys are doubled over in tears of laughter. :joke: You may seriously reconsider even thinking something like that! Remember they will play and have fun with you (as many of my guys heads are nodding), but their hearts are as big as the world. I guess it's like kids. You love them but you just don't always love what they do.