Spirit of the Wheel - card 1 - Creator

GryffinSong

This stunning card features a white eagle head. There is a native American on horseback holding a sacred pipe above his head. The earth and sky seem to blend together in fluid lines and forms. The card has the words "awareness, co-creation, change" on it.

This card is particular important to me, because Eagle appears to me as a spirit guide. As an artist, I often associate eagle with my highest, most creative, "best" self.

I have not yet looked up the "book meaning" of this card. :)

Attachments

• spirit-wheel-meditation-06207.jpg
    spirit-wheel-meditation-06207.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 199

firefrost

After you covered most of the picture yourself, I felt I needed to book again, to help with comparisons.

It does bring lovely messages about truths, understandings, changes and creativeness so I can fully understand why an Eagle decided to be your guide.

I also see a great strength, which the book doesn't mention.

If I have a slight niggle, it's that the horse seems to think it's not worthy, bowing it's head almost to the floor. And what's the red circle around it's eye, I wonder? The reign's red but it doesn't seem to be attached.

silverwings94

I see the rider offering the pipe to the Creator and the horse bowing down in respect to the Creator. The reins and bit are attached to the horses mouth(I had to bring out the big magnifing glass to get all the details). The horse and rider also appear to standing on the world. They are aware of the power of the Creator and respect it, and ask for help .

Briar Rose

The horse doesn't appear to be too happy!

It's the first Animal (Eagle) to show up after the Medicine Wheel's 4 Animal Totems.

The Eagle to me represents strength and knowledge and the ability to have keen sight.
Perhaps the journey is started, if theis comes up, and to be like the eagle- strong.

DragonFae

Creator Card:

The brave reaches toward the eagle and the horse bows. The eagle is not the creator but in many Native American legends he is seen as the creature that carries messages from humans to the creator, therefore it plays a special and important role in ceremonies. They are seen as medicine birds with impressive magical powers.

When the Creator card shows up it indicates to me that perhaps I need to "listen" more for the messages from the creator. Or perhaps it is time to stop and try to send a message. Yet before a message can be sent there must be meditation and reflection to make sure one sends the "correct" message. In short, a connection has been lost and it is time to reestablish it. (In a broader sense perhaps the connection is not just with the creator but someone else involved in the situation)

Those are my short thoughts about this card...I could go into more detail but those are the basic things the card says to me.