The Enchanted Map: 1, Bone Collector

SarahMaeDee

1, Bone Collector
"You are whole and have everything you need within."

Physical Description of the Card
When I first look at this card, I see what appears to me to be an elderly woman with pointed ears, although the figure could be an elderly man. They look happy and friendly. The next thing I notice when I look at the Bone Collector card is that the elderly elf-like creature seems to have a halo about her head. However, when I look more closely, I see that the "halo" is actually a circle of words that I cannot make out. Next to the woman is a number wheel. The woman also seems to be sitting inside of a circle of rocks that looks slightly like a medicine wheel of some sort. Something I hadn't noticed before that I just saw is the rabbit sitting next to the old woman. When I look at the upper corners of the card, away from the main picture, I see an animal skull and what appears to be an animal pelvis. The woman is holding a peacock feather, and there a what looks like a heart-shaped pouch on the far right-hand side of the medicine wheel.

First Impression
The first thing I think when I see this the Bone Collector is "who collects bones?" However, after looking at this card for a few moments longer, I get a sense that the woman in the picture is happy with the bones she's collected. I feel that she is proud of what she's done because she had been working to collect those bones for a long time. Then I realize something; "collecting bones" is metaphorical.

Intuitive Meaning
The way "collecting bones" is metaphorical is kind of hard to put into words. Ah, okay, so, basically the lady found treasure in other people's trash. For example, maybe the bones were someone's old chicken dinner that they finished off, and then threw away. However, the lady in the Bone Collector card found a use for it. In my imagination, the lady is using the bones as oracle bones, and decorations, along with all sorts of other things. I feel like she didn't give up on what other people considered worthless (or hopeless) even when said "other people" did give up on it.

Upright Book Meaning
"When Bone Collector Appears, she is asking [me] to look closely at [my] circumstances to see if am fully present or reacting out of past conditioning and unconscious expectations.
When we're wounded, especially when we're young, it's as if something essential is stolen from us. We adapt, and accept a particular version of the truth that sets us up to behave a certain way in the future when faced with a situation that reminds us of the original event. What we know about ourselves thus becomes influenced by a perception of limitation.
may feel unworthy or without courage; may see [myself] as flawed, or expect to be criticized. No matter what [my] question, the Bone Collector reminds [me] that the truth is am a powerful being with limitless possibilities. She has kept safe what was stolen from [me] in the wounding, and is here for [me] and reclaim it now. have everything believe lack, and the Bone Collector is [my] inner resource. [I should] act as if have what need, and [I'll] find that have it after all. Anything is possible. With awareness, the wounds of the past need not define [me]."

Reversed Book Meaning
"The past has a way of repeating itself when haven't learned the lesson inherent in the original situation. [I'm] faced with this now. The Bone Collector is here to challenge [me] to see [myself] as a whole being and not one who is perpetually trying to heal an old wound. [I'll] repeat the past if don't reclaim the things believe were lost.
The information seek lies in my history. Familiarity in the case isn't an invitation to dance the old dance once again; instead, it is a call to retreat and choose differently. The Bone Collector has a message: "If you do what you did, you'll get what you got." Her warning is delivered with kindness, for she has a deep love and respect for [me]. She will protect [me].

Further Questions/Comments
Well, my intuitive meaning was entirely off. Oh well, it doesn't mean it's wrong, it just means I interpreted the card differently than the author did! :)

byrgypsy

She makes me think of a kind medicine woman/grandma type. She seems to be welcoming you into her sacred space, she is sitting in the middle of a pentagram. It seems as if time has stopped. She is waiting for you to slow down so she can remind you of who you are and what your original goals were.

I noticed the landscape. Her sacred circle looks like living forest soil in the middle of a desert. For me that ties in with time stopping and every thing from your past is here, safe and waiting on you.

Rev_Vesta

For me this card speaks of insight through Divination.... insight through time of experience....

the rabbit/hare speaks of being aware of being too hasty in rushing ahead ........

The peacock feather speaks of beauty, being proud of who you are....but be aware of not being full of pride......Ego.

The halo of energy shows one allowing one's true light to shine through......

The Skulls remind us there are times when our past is stripped bare to reveal the hurt

Lantern guides us to new paths.....

She sits totally being in the Now...... within a Pentagram- sacredness.....protection.....

ana luisa

Positive meaning- using experiences, akashic memory and nurture to help you through life's bad periods.
Negative meaning - making the same mistakes and not using experience to your advantage.

Health : calcium deposits

GryffinSong

I'm most struck by the fact that she is sitting just at the edge of the desert. In front of her, and where the viewer approaches, is forest. There are leaves on the ground, and branches over her head. I feel as if she is saying, "...there is starkness and drought ahead. Perhaps you should go that way," as she gestures to the rabbit, who points to our left. A slight turn in our path and we are in the gentle woods instead of the stark desert. There is food in abundance, and water, and shade, instead of searing sun and the bleached bones of our death. Sometimes we look within at our deepest places, and realize that we are headed for difficulty. If we pay attention, perhaps we can take a different path.

This is a joyous being, enlightened and kindhearted. I feel as if she wants only goodness for us.