Heart of Faerie - The Remembrance

faunabay

Ok, this was my least favorite card in my intial "getting to know" this deck. After I've talked with him though I really like him. LOL

I'm specifically asking them for their names, because that was one thing I liked about the original faeries deck. They had names instead of titles on most of the cards. So I want to ask these fae if they're willing to give me their names - or at least a name they'd be comfortable with me having. :D

So The Remembrance told me to call him Boylin. And this is what I got from him. He is older than he looks. (isn't that like most fae :D) He may have a youthful face, but when you look into his eyes you see depth....so much so it can be scary. For all of his wild look though he has much wisdom! For he remembers. He remembers all! When you need to remember something you've buried because it was scary or hurtful, he'll be there for you.

Not all memories are good ones. There are things that sometimes are better not remembered. At the same time if they are buried in your subconscious somewhere they do have an effect on you. They can cause fear and pain that wear away at you because you don't truely know where they come from. Boylin helps you remember so you can let go!

He also holds the "bad" memories for those of us who really can't handle them right now. He holds them for us until that time we can deal with them. That's why he looks a bit wild and scary. He is strong enough and loving enough to hold all of these memories for us.

But he holds the key to our releasing of them too. He's there to give us hope that when we're ready we can let go of them.....that we can lighten our subconscious load!

DragonFae

I haven't been reading the book other than a glance here and there...I am liking this way of getting to know the fae...talking with them first...I did this somewhat with the other deck but feel I rushed the process a bit...so second chance to really explore faery...I have read what you have written above and think its great...The Rememberance wanted me to add a few more things too....

He says to always remember that we are made up of all things...the essence of the universe is all of us together...we are the sun, the moon , and the stars...and a bit of everything else in this world and the other....our life experiences while unique are also common...(if that makes sense...he does like to tease a bit)

He says we walk an ancient path that many before us have walked and The Rememberance is important because by understanding the ancient we gain a better understanding of the present...

He cautions that he is not suggesting we dwell on the past...that does little good...but that we embrace it as part of who we are, that it has brought us forward and as such should be honored...in a way....even the good and the bad parts because they all play a role in creating the person we were meant to be...

I can't wait for my next conversation with him because as you said he is full of wisdom....

faunabay

OH! I totally love what you got from him!!! For some reason it gave me chills (good ones LOL) when I read what he said to you!