78 Weeks of Study: General Discussion

.traveller.

I'm glad everyone started posting. I want to join this time around but I almost missed the start date. I can't believe it is May already. I'm going to attempt to draw a card a week since my other tarot project is on the back burner indefinitely.

Liz C

Hi everyone. I am definitely interested in joining this group, and in participating. I enjoy a focussed study group. I belonged to one many years ago and it was fantastic. I haven't read all the info yet, so I will go back and do that, but basically it looks like we will study (and post on) one card a week, starting with The Magician on the 6th of May (this Sunday)?

Can we feel free, in our post, to write whatever comes to mind on the card, including traditional meanings and interpretations?

I have the Universal Waite deck, which is the main deck I use. Can I post on it, or is someone else already doing this deck? I guess that more than one person posting isn't such a bad idea anyway, as you will both have different insights...

Cheers,
Liz.

Major Tom

Liz C said:
Can we feel free, in our post, to write whatever comes to mind on the card, including traditional meanings and interpretations?

Absolutely. :) By its very nature, 78 Weeks of Study is an individual effort and by sharing it here on Aeclectic it becomes a group activity. I would hope that the group wouldn't want to tell any individual that they are wrong, so everyone can decide for themselves the level of their own participation.

I've only done this once and I didn't post all of my reflections. The main fruit of that study was my Tarot of Marseilles, which I consider very traditional and bang up to date. ;)

I'd certainly like to encourage anyone thinking of drawing/creating their own version of the cards - either as a part of the study or even the whole of the study.

This is a long study. There will be times when you struggle to keep up. A format or template or plan can help you keep going.

The Conjuror wants me to tell you when you get to him to focus your will on completing the study. ;)

Good luck everybody. :)

Jewel

Thanks to Gregory, JMD and Major Tom for your guidance and suggestions.

I have decided to dust off an old friend that has lived in my house for years and never been properly used. The Celtic Dragon. My reasons for choosing this deck are:
1) To finally make time and get to know the deck like I have wanted to.
2) To work with and through elemental correspondences that differ from my preference of swords/air - wands/fire (this should be real interesting for me)
3) To thouroughly enjoy the dragon art :D

coyoteblack

I will use my DruidCraft

this deck is like a friend to me that i really want to take the time and really get to know I always finish what I start and I know this will be tough but lucky for me I made a new AT friend in Jewel and we will keep each other motivated I hope.

Jewel

coyoteblack said:
but lucky for me I made a new AT friend in Jewel and we will keep each other motivated I hope.
We WILL keep each other motivated! no hopping about it. We have a deal, I do the work for the Celtic Dragon, and you do the work for the DC! *LOL*. It will be a real accomplishment to complete this study.

Study-buddies until the end ... and then we can start again with other decks! *ROFLMAO*

coyoteblack

your great Jewel we have a celtic flair for this one!! you get to pick the theme for the next one seeing as i am Irish American I will love this one

Jewel

coyoteblack said:
Jewel, you get to pick the theme for the next one seeing as i am Irish American I will love this one
I'll get back to you in 78 weeks about THAT! :D

Liz C

Thanks for your reply Major Tom.

I am going to post on the Universal Waite deck, if this is ok with everyone.

I was in a study group like this years ago. I did all the Major Arcana, but didn't get all the Minors done, so I hope that this time I can last the distance :) I still have heaps of notes from last time, so I'm looking forward to going through the stuff I have in my notes, plus learning new stuff from everyone here.

I have an illness which makes me very tired, so I will do my best to keep up, but I will have to play it by ear.

Sunday is only two days away!

Liz.

Little Baron

Liz C said:
Sunday is only two days away!

Liz.

Yes, looking forward to it.

This study has come along just at the right time for me.

LB