78 Weeks of Study: General Discussion

Tesseljoan

gregory said:
Thanks for all that ! But where do you stand on people joining in where we currently are ? They could finish the end of the deck and start with bateleur in may.

I think this would be a great idea. Some people will fall off the bandwagon halfway through the project ( I know I have *blushes*), but if there's an influx of new people that can jump in wherever the project is, I think the ongoing input will give all participating members more energy to continue.

I have my calendar marked for May, though.

gregory

I think that too - ongoing means people can leave a couple of weeks and then go back to where they were "without penalty" - it will keep it going better, I think !

gregory

Of course, people need to remember that the whole point of this is doing a card for a whole week. There are now being posts by people who haven't (clearly) done that and are just commenting. I'm not sure if that's even legit in these threads - but if joining in, it is something to remember !

Tesseljoan

I have a question for those of you who have completed (or nearly did):

I would like to study "the big Three" ie. the Marseilles, the RWS and the Thoth. Is this feasible at all, or will it just be too much?

gregory

WOW. Well - as it is one card a week, I think doing three would be tough. Best pm jmd and ask what he thinks (this is his baby !) Though I do recall someone started out doing two decks at once. It is hard work though, and quite a commitment, even at 5 minutes per card per day... You would be taking on quite the task.

But I would really enjoy reading your posts..... :D

gregory

I JUST FINISHED.

I just had to say that !!! :D

Go for it, everyone; it IS well worth doing !

coyoteblack

I plan on joining in May is there a thread for each week? and it it bettter to use a deck you want to master or a deck you want to tget to know for this project?

gregory

Here is the thread with current dates (jmd has posted a link further up this thread). There is a thread for every card; those are there too. You want the first set; the later ones were for me to finish, basically !!!! I think I was the only one left !

I chose the Revelations because it has built in reversals and I don't get reversals and thought it would be a good idea. I'd say pick a deck you want to study in detail. If there is one you already use a lot and want to get more out of, that would be good - but so would doing one you want to get to know. Go with what you feel, I'd say. And I can't tell you what that is !

Emily

Thanks for adding the link gregory - I'm starting this study with the Victorian Romantic but I was just going to dive in and do my own thing - I didn't realise that it had been updated and added to to start again. :)

Tesseljoan

I started this four weeks ago. Not with three decks as I had in mind, but with one. I think three decks would be too hard to get to completion. I just had to be awkward (I also start a new card each wednesday instead of monday), but since it is such a commitment, I decided to go for it while the commitment was there. Forge the iron when it's hot, as we say here. I'm not sure whether to post my little essays and sketches or not. I'll think about that.

Gregory, as I said somewhere else, congratulations on finishing! Will you join the next round? ;)