78 Weeks of Study: General Discussion

gregory

Er - I think not. The biggest problem I had was my lifestyle; I spend a lot of time in Canada and it was such a hassle with computer surcharges and stuff, and I'd end up with posting several on the same day and stuff like that. It FELT wrong. But the principle holds; I will look hard at one deck at a time - just not right now. And not exclusively.

I MIGHT change my mind in time, though. Who knows what I'll do....

coyoteblack

Hello Gregory

I see the link( thanks for that) but the cards already have 10 pages of posts are we starting a new one for this or we just going to add tothe older one?

gregory

The number of posts decreases dramatically as you go on, trust me !!! I was the third poster in the last 30 or so threads ! (Mind you, my pages are set up to show 50 posts; that helps! even the first card only has 2 pages, for me !)

But yes, jmd likes us to add to the same threads that he's set up the links to !

(Oh jmd ?????? He is the boss here, not me !)

coyoteblack

sorry gregory you seemeed to bethe only one answering questons figured I might as well type your name ifi did not type any names at all it prolly would have been you answering them any way.

thanks all i will definatley be doing this and like a typicial aries I will finish it and go completly nuts being impatient

gregory

I have asked jmd to come in here.... I just don't want to say something and get it wrong, is all !!!! I don't mind answering !!!

jmd

Thanks gregory - I was about to make a note this week as I'll also be starting the 3rd 78 weeks.

I suspect that a number of people who participate in these (myself included) do not necessarily post to the threads, but rather maintain their own notebooks. It's of course wonderful to be able to read what others are gaining, as it provides mutual support for those amongst us following the proposed dates.

Those dates, however, are just that: proposed ones, and anyone is free to join at anytime, do the cards in the same or different order (even a random order - I cannot recall who, but someone did that, or at least started that).

With regards to Tesseljoan asking 'I would like to study "the big Three" ie. the Marseilles, the RWS and the Thoth. Is this feasible at all, or will it just be too much?', personnally, I think that's a great comparative study, and may actually provide motivation (for those whose focus likes to compare details) to complete what at various times through the period appears to be very long (there are downs during which one may be tempted to simply give up).

Each time I have done it, I have actually used more than a single deck, often as basis for comparison, and allowed my own meditation to bring to the fore what are perhaps (for that time) key impulses within the card.

On more than one occasion, I have used the basis of the work of the week to post not only in the 78 weeks thread, but in the Compare threads in the Marseille area, or an existing thread in the Using Tarot area. Though must admit that most of the time they remain as notes at home, or even, for some, non-written meditations that have in some way or other transformed something of the manner I view the card.

This coming weekend is when I'll be starting the new series - and I know a number of other people will likewise be doing so... the ongoing work, knowing others are similarly working, can be quite (and quietly) encouraging, and welcome everyone's involvement in furthering, in our own individual and different ways, each of our deepened insights, perseverance, and work.

For details, see the thread 78 Weeks of Study: Overview (& 3rd series 2007 - 2008).

...and fantastic achievement, gregory - from experience, it is NOT an easy 78 weeks to maintain!

gregory

Thanks, jmd ! It was hard at times, especially when the phone was dodgy for months.

I didn't realise you'd done it more than once - I don't think you posted, then. I actually felt the posting side was quite important - it was one thing that kept me going... People could SEE if I quit ! And it was important to me to complete it.

Little Baron

As this has been recommended to me on more than one occasion, I would like to try this.

For the week, can you just continue to edit/update your post in diary form, rather than making several new posts, which might appear all over the place in the same thread? I thought is might be best to do it that way. As suggested to me, I will bring my Voodoo into this study, because I know there will be more than enough in it to concentrate on in a week and keep both my interest as a reader and reasearcher interested. I have already started making my own little studies, generally, but it will be nice to break them down and have a good week for each. Like 78 little holidays. I just hope I can stick with it. I am beginning to have computer issues, so I hope I can sort them out before the beginning. I don't think I have ever been around when one of these groups has actually started. But I need to run to your formular, for both the support and routine.

LB

coyoteblack

I hope more people post then do it on just thewre pc at home. This way we have that group feel like we have with the 21 steps group.

Jewel

Well Coyoteblack I think I am going to join you in this study group too! Now they big decision is which deck do I want to use for this ....

LB I like your idea of editing ones post for a card so all week is in the same post. I will do that.