Underwear for Decks!

Tansey Ella

I guess my mind just beats to a different drum. lol
I've always thought that The Star could be helped by a nice thong.

greatdane

Yes, Tansey....but such an amusing drum!

LOL I thought that was realllly funny!

GD

Morwenna

I have the kind you mean: smooth, stretchy, no ribs at all (except for about a quarter inch at the top); you can wear them with the shoes you ordinarily wear stockings or pantyhose with and they fit (whereas ordinary socks make the shoes too tight). And I think I'd rather use something like these to cover boxless decks than the various scarves I've been using, because the whole thing will take up much less space! Even uncut, with the top folded around the deck. You could even put in two decks in series (assuming you don't always want the deck that's on the bottom!).

greatdane

:)) Morwenna!

Glad you see the plus of these! Love using them!

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
I was actually given a small rubber S&M-style bag which is just the right size for a deck. It was given to me as a free gift by a Belgian designer. I tossed it in with my other deck bags and pouches as it is very definitely tarot-size.

I just haven't found the right deck for it (Lori Wall's Erotic?) Plus I suspect it would make the deck sweat, no? :D
No, wrong deck. I'm thinking Decameron. Lori Walls is more vanilla-flavoured, a lot of the time. As to sweating, that's what rubber clothes are FOR!

greatdane

Making the deck even more secure

Since sock is stretchy, after pushing the deck to the bottom, I pulled the rest of the sock vertically around the deck and then just wrapped and tucked the top of the sock into the part of the sock I wrapped around deck. Really snug fit. Not as pretty as cutting off and maybe tying with a bit of ribbon, but does hold it tightly.

Glitterbird

I love how this thread has developed - it goes from dirty thoughts, to practical advice, every other post!! :D

gregory

I just wonder if tarot CLOTHING is TAROT, as such...

rachelcat

(I'm another one who thought this was an interesting trade thread . . .)

In the meantime, I'm going to look for sox!

greatdane

Well...

Glitterbird, Gregory and Rachelcat,

Gregory, I think anything that helps us move our tarot decks easier and more securely from point a to point b or store them easier would fall under talking tarot, as here is where we tend to talk bags and cases. Tarot clothing by any other name....a bag, a case...a sock!

Glitterbird, I'm trying to keep it to the practical as that's what it was intended to be, but I'm glad if some find it entertaining as well! :)

Rachelcat, hmmm? TRADE thread? I must have missed something. I hope you have some of these type sox around, Rachelcat, because they DO work :)). I like how they look like neat shiny little bricks all snug. The thicker decks seem to do even better in them. Majors only would likely still slide around, unless they were in kid's knee socks or some other small sox.