Deck population in Tarot apps

delinfrey

I absolutely love Tarot apps, I have most of the Fool's Dog ones. All the ones I have, I have also purchased later as a physical deck (currently saving up for Journey to Egypt).

I mainly use them for daily draws. It is hard for me to find time to do daily draws with physical decks, but having them on your phone makes it so much easier. I have used Vampyres, Hidden Realms and Journey to Egypt for this purpose.

I also use the apps to familiarise myself with a deck. Just a "draw" here and there, maybe waiting for a cab, or an elevator, or in a queue - again, one card down!

I do do readings sometimes as well, on pretty mundane issues (or relationship questions and such).

Hidden Realms really helped me through a rough patch at work, it is such a personal deck and works well with "what is the role?" or "how does XXX see me?" questions, so after each difficult exchange I would draw a card for how my behaviour was/is perceived.

I am extremely grateful that such good quality apps exist.

gregory

The thing with shuffling a Real Live Deck (which I like doing, don't get me wring) vs an app is that - your real live deck will, over years get cards that stick together, cards that bent a teeny indistinguishable fraction and catch in the next one - and so on. There will be actual physical things happen to real cards that mean some cards will show up more often than they should and so on. This doesn't happen with Orphalese - the only "app" I use. Every shuffle is as if from brand new - and I can, as purplescorp says - seed randomness in. Not to mention that - as I don't use reversals - I can set it not to give them - if I accidentally turn a few cards over in a live deck, I may then be faced with an oops should I think on this.... thing

With Orphalese, I never get the feeling that it wasn't properly shuffled or that it is - how to say this - impersonal. It feels just like a live shuffle but without the coffee stains, dropped cards etc.