Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

Penthasilia

I just trimmed the Druidcraft for a person who bought mine and requested it before shipping. It completely changed the deck. I am always surprised by how lovely they become after a good borderectomy :D

<sigh> Still waiting for the Steele Wizard...

Bhavana

Lifeisabutterfly - thanks. i really like the black vines effect and didnt want to get rid of it completly, so trimmed along the back borders of the hudes. that made everything nice and even and left me a nice little bit of the vines too :]

AJ - its this deck specifically
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/secret/

the art does tend to vary a bit in terms of apparent time period, etc. i trimmed to inner blue border.

Oh yeah, in this case, trimming is a major improvement - those different language titles at the top really annoy me. One or two decks like that, no problem, but every deck they put out??? I have started to really hate that style.

Lifeisabutterfly

I just mustered up all my strength and courage and trimmed my Diary of a Broken Soul! What a mess i made of some cards! I had to laugh--it was very difficult to see where to cut--and it will take a while to get used to the drastic reduction in size. When I trimmed my Steele Wizard it was a different effect due to the colour and shine even if they too where drastically reduced in size. Oh well, no use crying over spilled vodka that's what I always say! After I use my corner rounder, things should pan out considerably. No deck is going to be perfect when cut with scissors anyway. I thought it was sweet Ash was tickled in another thread when she found out someone had trimmed her deck and she said she was pleased people were having fun playing with her deck lol.
Just took another peek at the Diary....they are soooooooo lovely.......and now they're kinda cute too....more accessible perhaps? I am starting to see where in my case anyway, before the trim they were a bit intimidating....

AJ

Diary

Of course we want pictures...

To answer an earlier question by Bhavana about non-perfect results, some of our members just take their deck to a printer and have them professionally trimmed all at once. A perfect result!

One of the things trimming does is give the trimmer an opportunity to see every single card from all four sides, twice. For me it gives a whole new perspective which I enjoy and appreciate.

Lifeisabutterfly

Of course we want pictures...

To answer an earlier question by Bhavana about non-perfect results, some of our members just take their deck to a printer and have them professionally trimmed all at once. A perfect result!

One of the things trimming does is give the trimmer an opportunity to see every single card from all four sides, twice. For me it gives a whole new perspective which I enjoy and appreciate.

Yes lol! it's called "bonding" with your deck--as one AT member accurately named this process. A bit like feeding milk to a baby! During the trimming process I always begin to see a plethora of details which I seemed to have missed no matter how many times I had previously used the deck....the uneven edges of my "pocket editions" don't really bother me, even if in real life I am a bit of a perfectionist. For some reason when it comes to my tarot decks, a bit of imperfection seems to lend to the charm of having made them mine. And when I use them professionally, I feel that I am using a unique deck that no one has ever seen before.
I shall try to post scans of the Diary soon....these are truly the most imperfect ones I have ever made, all that black was quite a challenge and I realized too late I should have made a template for them instead of just lopping away as I usually do! oh well...they're sweet anyway and most important...still functional (wipes brow with great relief)

minrice

Trimmed Cosmic

I recently took the borders off my Cosmic Tarot! While the cards look great I'm not so sure I am bonding with this deck...idk. Anyway, I will contribute some index pix to this awesome thread!

Lifeisabutterfly

I recently took the borders off my Cosmic Tarot! While the cards look great I'm not so sure I am bonding with this deck...idk. Anyway, I will contribute some index pix to this awesome thread!

I too bought the Cosmic Tarot for this specific purpose after seeing someone's pics on the internet. They were so interesting I couldn't resist. But I too alas, am not so sure I will ever bond with this deck in spite of it's improved look...it's weird vibe comes through more now I think...no regrets about trimming though either however!
Now most of my decks are quite small and narrow lol! I had a gigantic tarot bag for my Diary and it was comical to see the trimmed pocket sized deck next to the giant bag! It looked like those immense pair of pants held up by those people who loose all that weight in the "after" pics. lol.

Le Fanu

Here's the LoS "2012 Tarot of Ascension." Trimmed.

Attachments

• PA160631.JPG
    PA160631.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 899
  • PA160634.JPG
    PA160634.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 716

Lifeisabutterfly

Just wanted to say Thanks! to Auracana for posting her Tarot of Transformation--I used to have them and gave them away because I didn't like the key words but these pics just proved why I was attracted to them in the first place. I just received my new copy in the mail a few minutes ago and am going to go on a trimfest! Also, it's good you showed the cards that needed forethought! I can't wait to see the artwork blossom under my scissors....the artwork is so lovely...