The fool as an outcome card

Deana86

Hi all

I'm a little lost on what the fool card could mean as an outcome card in relation to love in a Celtic cross spread.

I'm not sure if the fool is a positive or a negative as the outcome. When it comes to getting advice from the cards about an ex, we still both love each other to the ends of the earth, we thought we would be connected forever, but we had to walk different ways right now for a few reasons, I wanted advice to see if he will be my future life partner. So I'm kind of lost with having the fool card as an outcome, Im honestly not picking anything up from this card, I don't know if it's a good card or a negative card.

Advice and thoughts please

Deana86

Judgement Card Reading

The ex actually emailed me yesterday, telling me he loves me and always will and how much it's hurting him not being able to talk. I haven't heard from him since and I knew that was just him telling me how hard it is for him on his side of things but right now it's bad timing for us to be together or even if we will ever be together again. I'm so confused on this fool card though?

nisaba

Hi all

I'm a little lost on what the fool card could mean as an outcome card in relation to love in a Celtic cross spread.

I'm not sure if the fool is a positive or a negative as the outcome.

It depends what situation it is an outcome *to*.

And bearing in mind, an "outcome" is the actual, final end of something. For example, the outcome of a job is how you eventually leave it (fired? Retired with a golden handshake? Head-hunted by another employer? Become disabled in such a way that you can no longer do the job?). The outcome of a relationship is how that relationship eventually *ends*. Anything before that is another stage during the - say - job or relationship, not its outcome.

A Fool as an outcome - I'd be tempted to say that the client will take a deep breath and "jump off a cliff", leaving their safety-net (and everything else) far behind them.

Thirteen

Moderator Note: YOUR interpretation?

Greetings, Deana86 and welcome to Using Tarot cards. I know this thread was originally in Your Readings and moved only recently to UTC, where it belongs as it is about one card out of a larger spread. I note, however, that no where in your original post, nor in your response to headinclouds do you offer YOUR interpretation of the card.

Sometimes we moderators fail to get around to posts like yours, for that we apologize. But you should have gotten a note like this one at the outset asking you to tell us YOUR interpretation of the Fool in the outcome position. We know your'e stuck, and that's why you're asking for help, but in both Your Readings and Using Tarot Cards, all cards must be interpreted by the person asking about the card(s) FIRST. Then others can chime in. Can you at least take a guess?

If you haven't already, please give our rules a read:
UTC: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=204174
Your Readings: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=211635

POSTERS PLEASE HOLD OFF TILL Deana86 adds her own thoughts on the Fool Card in the outcome position.

Deana86

Greetings, Deana86 and welcome to Using Tarot cards. I know this thread was originally in Your Readings and moved only recently to UTC, where it belongs as it is about one card out of a larger spread. I note, however, that no where in your original post, nor in your response to headinclouds do you offer YOUR interpretation of the card.

Sometimes we moderators fail to get around to posts like yours, for that we apologize. But you should have gotten a note like this one at the outset asking you to tell us YOUR interpretation of the Fool in the outcome position. We know your'e stuck, and that's why you're asking for help, but in both Your Readings and Using Tarot Cards, all cards must be interpreted by the person asking about the card(s) FIRST. Then others can chime in. Can you at least take a guess?

If you haven't already, please give our rules a read:
UTC: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=204174
Your Readings: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=211635

POSTERS PLEASE HOLD OFF TILL Deana86 adds her own thoughts on the Fool Card in the outcome position.
Thanks Thirteen, my apologise for not adding an interpretation.

My interpretation of the fool I would have thought maybe new beginning or fresh starts, let go of fear and have faith, I'm actually wondering if the fool and the empress suggesting a pregnancy?

Alissa

Thanks Thirteen, my apologise for not adding an interpretation.

My interpretation of the fool I would have thought maybe new beginning or fresh starts, let go of fear and have faith, I'm actually wondering if the fool and the empress suggesting a pregnancy?
I agree with your interpretation, I also thought of a new start, going it alone, having faith things are turning out for the best, self reliance, self resilience and the ability to shape your own path/destiny.

It may be that the Fool is indicating a time that one needs to work on themselves first, be that you, your partner, or the relationship itself, and focus on self growth first.

The Empress can also indicate sexuality, and prosperity, not just fertility. I wouldn't think of her as an indication of pregnancy, just on her own.

Also, beware of trying to force a reading to end the way you might wish. There is some serious wishful thinking in your reading, overall, from the phrasing of your question, to your reaction to your cards. Having an unbiased read for one's self, esp in a relationship reading, is quite tricky to do and still remain neutral.

ETA: the Celtic cross is not a favorite spread of mine. Too many cards to interpret. Too many messages to effectively incorporate.

Less is more. Maybe read again after a little time has passed, and use a smaller spread?

PAMUYA

For me the Fool is heading out on their own, a new adventure. Not counting on anyone else to achieve happiness. Doing it your way. The Empress can mean a pregnancy, but will end up alone combined with the Fool, or considered a foolish expectation, a child dose not help a relationship that has ended. There is a point where a person needs to let go, start a new journey.

Deana86

I agree with your interpretation, I also thought of a new start, going it alone, having faith things are turning out for the best, self reliance, self resilience and the ability to shape your own path/destiny.

It may be that the Fool is indicating a time that one needs to work on themselves first, be that you, your partner, or the relationship itself, and focus on self growth first.

The Empress can also indicate sexuality, and prosperity, not just fertility. I wouldn't think of her as an indication of pregnancy, just on her own.

Also, beware of trying to force a reading to end the way you might wish. There is some serious wishful thinking in your reading, overall, from the phrasing of your question, to your reaction to your cards. Having an unbiased read for one's self, esp in a relationship reading, is quite tricky to do and still remain neutral.

ETA: the Celtic cross is not a favorite spread of mine. Too many cards to interpret. Too many messages to effectively incorporate.

Less is more. Maybe read again after a little time has passed, and use a smaller spread?
Hi Alissa

I think your right when it comes to ones interpretations when reading for themselves. That's where I'm still trying to learn. I can draw a card and my interpretations could easily be swayed as something I want.

In regards to the relationship question, i have put it to rest, I have also stopped emailing the ex. Maybe the cards is trying to tell me to let go. I have been recieving the two of cups in every daily draw, yesterday was the first time I didn't and received the king of pentacles. Maybe the two of cups was telling me to let go because the first day i never emailed him, the single card draw came out as the king of pentacles.

Do you know of any good spreads that have less cards then the Cs?

Deana86

For me the Fool is heading out on their own, a new adventure. Not counting on anyone else to achieve happiness. Doing it your way. The Empress can mean a pregnancy, but will end up alone combined with the Fool, or considered a foolish expectation, a child dose not help a relationship that has ended. There is a point where a person needs to let go, start a new journey.
I agree Pamuya

I have now let go, it's time for my new journey to begin. It's the hardest thing to do but I'm doing it

Alissa

Hi Alissa

I think your right when it comes to ones interpretations when reading for themselves. That's where I'm still trying to learn. I can draw a card and my interpretations could easily be swayed as something I want.

Do you know of any good spreads that have less cards then the Cs?

It's easy for every reader, regardless of experience, to be guilty of this. I know I have been many times, even when trying to be aware of my own bias.

You might want to check out the Tarot Spreads forum, as well as the ebooks. :) There are so many spreads to inspire you, and many with fewer cards than the CC.