NamasteIndia

the different types of eccentricity

queen of swords - cold, harsh, blunt, emotionless

moon- moody, insecure, clingy

fool- impulsive, bends rules,

hierophant - stubborn, fanatic, dogmatic, too conservative
traditional, imposing views

Grizabella

I am amused by our group who read and love tarot thinking of someone else as eccentric.

Yes! Exactily what I was thinking!

I was going to suggest the Star, but since you added 'flamboyant' to the list of criteria, I'd suggest the Queen of Wands.

Have a look at my avatar. She's the Queen of wands in the Bonefire Tarot. That's me, right there. Even the description in the new book is right on, although I've overcome and outgrown some of the descriptions.

I'm not sure why you're needing to know what cards might indicate an eccentric woman, but I'm going to keep it in mind in my store of meanings.

I really am somewhat eccentric, I guess, even though that word can indicate dementia, which is something I avoid because I'm of the age where it's common for people to become demented. :p

kika_meow

I was going to say 9 of pents as well. She has the independence and means to pursue her own interests regardless of what anyone else thinks about it.

I never thought about the 9 of pents as a woman, I always take it as the querent no matter if it's man or woman, I take it as an energy. But I guess this could be of a good use, interpreting the 9 of pents as a(n) (eccentric) woman.

euripides

the different types of eccentricity

queen of swords - cold, harsh, blunt, emotionless

To me the Queen of swords is about ideas, theories, knowledge - and she can be passionate about those! Having a sharp mind and astute judgement. Doesn't mean she doesn't have a heart, but it depends on context. She could well be an eccentric intellectual, because appearances and opinions don't matter to her. It's all about the quality of the case you present.

The Fool is/can be a classic eccentric, of course.

crystalrose

For someone eccentric and flamboyant, sounds like a combo of King of Wands plus the Fool or Hanged Man. The way I read, just because she's a woman doesn't exclude male court cards.

euripides

just because she's a woman doesn't exclude male court cards.

gosh Crystalrose that's at once so obvious and so insightful. I just realized how much I 'gender' the cards. Thank you so much for this comment. A lightbulb moment!

nisaba

If you were going to choose a card for an eccentric woman, which card would you choose? I'm pretty well stumped on this one, and could use a few suggestions. Thanks. Eva

It depends entirely on the nature of their personality. I know heaps and heaps of people that I think are perfectly normal, but that plenty of others would tyhink are "eccentric", and plenty that I think are eccentric, but others might find normal.

An eccentric person won't be defined by a card as eccentric: a person with a unique human personality will be defined by a card as a person with a certain characteristic-of-personality that is significant in their nature and significant to the subject or situation being read about.

euripides

a person with a unique human personality will be defined by a card as a person with a certain characteristic-of-personality that is significant in their nature and significant to the subject or situation being read about.

nice insight, Nisaba.

EvaSegovia

The reason I asked this question is because I met a woman the other day who also dabbles in Tarot. She asked me what I thought her significator was, AND I WAS STUMPED! She was ECCENTRIC!!! (I'm 63 and have never been prone to hanging out with Norman Rockwell characters.... So for me to say that.... Well....) I guess I'm still leaning towards the Fish leaping out of the page's cup (SURPRISE!) But I liked what Barleywine said about the Princess/Page being "extremely individualistic" and then, I still don't know... I'm going to look up the Bonefire Tarot, thanks Grizabella. After that I might put all the cards you all mentioned in a messy pile and let the Tarot pick :)

EvaSegovia

I FOUND HER !!!!! Ciro Marchetti's Legacy of the Divine Tarot -- Queen of Wands! So those of you who volunteered this queen were SPOT ON!!! Thank you!