Help me with the Queens

katep

The Queens are cropping up in my readings a lot at the moment, probably because I am working on my personal and spiritual development.

The most common card I am getting for advice or outcome is the Queen Wands who I find particularly hard. Here are my thoughts on their interpretations - please add yours?

Queen Cups: being very open and giving, quite passive but open to both giving and receiving love. A mystical element.

Queen Pentacles: a sensible, no-nonsense woman who is ruled by logic rather than emotions. The earth mother - links to nature. Straightforward and direct.

Queen Swords: self contained, doesn't let many people in . Cuts through the rubbish. Cutting with her words but truthful and honest. Barriers up.

Queen Wands: a warm, active woman who is quite no nonsense. Has a passionate side. Can have a temper.

Thanks!

DDwarks

Ive never personally linked the Q of Pents with logic ruling over emotions. Thats one of the characteristics of the Q of Swords to me.

I do see her as being stable minded and dedicated to her home and family. But not a slave to them! More like the rock/ foundation of the home.
Ill dignified, shes anything but! Think drug abuse and uncaring to others property.

The Queen of Swords is ruled by logic and fairness. She feels deeply too but is able to bury it all up for the sake of doing the right thing. Shes the one you want by your side in times of need. She gets the job done (!) and thats how you know she cares. Because shes got such a good hold over her emotions can seem ruthless or even be ruthless. It doesnt mean shes cold hearted. Just able to be.

The Queen of Cups is the woman child to me. Loving and innocent. I think fairytales with her. It can also make her very immature though!

The Queen of Wands is warm and passionate, volcanic and manipulating when ill dignified.
She's success orientated and fearless. She doesnt think twice about using her charms if needs be. Shes headstrong and an achiever.

Thirteen

Kings, like the Emperor, are all about the big picture. What the machine should be doing. The Queens, like the Empress, make sure each part of the machine can do it's job. If not, she "fixes" them. That is her super power.
Queen Cups: being very open and giving, quite passive but open to both giving and receiving love. A mystical element.
There's passive, and there's passive. ;) We tend to view anyone who doesn't engage in physical action and busy work as "passive." But a person who listens and advises really isn't passive. They're just active in a quiet way. Always remember, both the King/Queen are "master/mistress" of their suit. She is the mistress of emotions. That means, in the positive, that she understands exactly what you're feeling and can lift your spirits if you're down. She genuinely cares about how you feel and wants you to feel your best: "When someone else's happiness is your happiness, that is love," is her motto. She can even help you understand how others are feeling. And she does have a psychic connection. In the negative, however, she can manipulate emotions.
Queen Pentacles: a sensible, no-nonsense woman who is ruled by logic rather than emotions. The earth mother - links to nature. Straightforward and direct.
Straightforward and direct and all about common sense, yes. But logic? No. That's the Swords. The Pentacles suit follow the rule that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Which isn't logic. It's tradition. It's not making waves. Which, for the Queen/Pents means that whatever society or culture she is part of, she's the arbiter of good taste. Be that the ultimate Earth mother serving up a vegan dinner, or the Beverly Hills housewife ordering up a crown roast. And talk about your "busy work" person. Here she is! This is Martha Stewart--both domestic goddess and corporate leader, concerned with every little detail. "Do it beautifully and do it right," is her motto. She takes what is socially acceptable and traditional (for her culture) and refines it to its glittering best. She's also, likely, a health and beauty expert.
Queen Swords: self contained, doesn't let many people in . Cuts through the rubbish. Cutting with her words but truthful and honest. Barriers up.
Here is your Queen of Logic. But don't forget, she's also the queen of science, communications (think internet and journalism) and humanitarianism. Her honesty goes beyond just telling the truth. It's seeing the truth and trying to make things better for future generations. Logically. Rationally. It's not about barriers being up. It's that she isn't going to waste time, or herself. "Never waste your feelings on people who don't value you," is her motto; so she holds off till a person proves themselves worthy. As you say, she cuts through the rubbish.
Queen Wands: a warm, active woman who is quite no nonsense. Has a passionate side. Can have a temper.
No nonsense? She's very much into nonsense when it serves her. Theater, costume balls, extreme sports. She is the sort of woman naturally in the spotlight and that's where she intends on staying. With outrageous behavior if need be. And a passionate side? She's ALL passionate side! Which means she'll also take the spotlight by leading crusades. This is Elenor of Aquitaine and Queen Elizabeth I. Bold, sparkling, witty, dramatic; never taking a breath or a rest. "You can sleep when you're dead" is her motto. And yes, "no nonsense" if it gets in *her* way. She'll punch you in the arm and tell you "cut it out! No one upstages me!" The Queen Bee who knows how to garner followers and keep them. "I want poetry and power and the young men who create it." And, yes, she has a terrible temper. All Wand courts do.

In the end, remember that the Queens are equal with the King's in being at the top of the Courts. That means they command and lead their suit. They understand that suit--be it spiritual needs and emotions (cups), practicality, physicality and social norms (pents), logic, communications, intellect (swords) or passions, actions, ambitions (wands). So turn the knob up to 11 when thinking about what they're like. They're not a "warm" page. They're a FIERY queen! :D

katep

Thank you everyone, that gives me lots to think about.

Am not sure I want to be the Queen of Wands like the cards keep telling me though! šŸ˜

Sulis

The Queen of Wands is confident, knows what she wants and goes for it.. When I get that card as a card of advice it's often telling me not to be passive but to be active, to be energetic and to be confident in my own abilities.. She's really not someone that you wouldn't like to be.

Barleywine

I once decided that the Queen of Wands is my favorite Queen (don't tell my Queen of Swords wife :)). She's friendly when she wants to be, assertive when she has to be, and generally upbeat the rest of the time. The Queen of Cups says "Make me feel good!" The Queen of Swords says "Listen to me! (You'd better . . ."). The Queen of Pentacles says "Buy me something!" The Queen of Wands just says "This is me! Take it or leave it."

Silverbells

Queen of Wands

Queen of Wands is a card that I get A LOT, and is a part of my personal spiritual and energetic development...I get it as advice, what someone wants from me, how I'm seen sometimes, what the issue is...all sorts of things over the last handful of years and I didn't understand it really, I just knew that it often came up in reference to my losing my temper but I didn't understand what the message was. SO now, I'm starting to realize how the Queen of Wands is all of these things that I need to look at.

Yes, terrible, terrible temper. Golly, oh boy: what a temper. I find that for a spiritual/energetic development concentration, the queen of wands is about recognizing that you are extremely passionate and that you need to be able to harness your extraordinary passion so that it is not ultimately flailing anger. There will be fiery destruction with the Queen and that is okay because fiery destruction makes the ground arable but if the fire is too hot and concentrated then there will be nothing left...and sometimes that is okay too.

Queen of Wands calls for an absolute mastery of her type of energy because she is a firestarter and she needs to understand the degrees of the fires she starts and when to cool them down or heat them up. That is not to say that when existing in a Queen of Wands state, one has to be hyper-vigilant. It is to say that when one understands that particular facet of themselves, the energy begins to, more quickly, work in alignment with one's desires rather than causing a mess that one has to slog through to get to their desires. Queen of Wands needs to understand the implications of her fires and she needs to understand the essential nature of her firestarting qualities. When she understands these things (especially, that last part), that is when she becomes unstoppable. That is when she is indeed the Queen of her Internal Fires - Master of Her Energy. It is serious energetic and spiritual work.

katep

Silverbells, that is interesting you are getting it in a similar vein. I guess it's probably true I don't have my inner fire under control right now so I tend to dampen it down.

The other comments also make a lot of sense, thanks

nisaba

The Queens are cropping up in my readings a lot at the moment, probably because I am working on my personal and spiritual development.

The most common card I am getting for advice or outcome is the Queen Wands who I find particularly hard. Here are my thoughts on their interpretations - please add yours?

Queens talk of having internelised their control of their suit/element, just as Kings talk about teaching it or having it on show, Knights talk about being brashly confident but still needing to learn control, and Pages talk of having no idea. None of htem really describe gender.

Having internalised their emotional control and emotional depth. Being instkinctively aware of the emotional state of others.

Someone who is grounded, realistic, body-conscious, always present-in-the-moment. Someone of-this-world and in-this-world. Someone who expresses her emotions and spirituality to others through the medium of her body (singing, dancing, performing, even sex).

Someone who is intelligent. Someone who uses her intelligence to function better in the world and to help the world. Someone who can see right through deceit.

Someone who has a lot of physical energy - who can't sit still, who can't "vegg out" in front of the TV. Someone who plans ahead, who knows where she wants to go in every area of her life, and has a roadmap for getting there. Someone who actually consistently ticks off things on her "to do list".