The Hermit as "how does he feel about her"?

Star&QueenOfCups

I used the 3 card model (commonly used for Past-Present-Future) but I just wanted present insight "how he feels about her" in order to help my friend..
typical situation of a bf disappearing, "ghosting"..they were having minor arguments and then he just never called her again and it's been several weeks already..

Cards were: :The Lovers (yay I thought..maybe he still loves her),
Knight of Pentacles (wth..devotion but practical guy with slow approach?) and... The Hermit......... (does this mean she shouldnt contact him cause he just wants to be left alone? it doesnt make sense?? I really hope it doesnt mean he finds her annoying or something.. Ive good intuition in relationship readings but this troubled me greatly..)

barefootlife

Your question was 'how does he feel about her', so I would direct my interpretations in that direction.

The Lovers points to the idea that he feels they have/had a strong emotional connection, but the KoP is a slow, determined sort of guy, so maybe things were going too slowly for him, or those minor arguments made him doubt that they would work in the long term. The Hermit points to the idea that either he feels she withdrew after their arguments, or that he thought it was best to withdraw, even if he did it in a crap way.

I don't think anything more is going to come from his side. Phones go two ways, though. If she really wants to know, she's going to have to be the one to un-hermit and reach out, not wait on him to do something.

MadeiraDarling

I agree with the poster above, I think she'll need to talk to him. I think it might also indicate that on some level they both know that they need to do some introspection and think about who they are to one another, and what's going on and what's causing problems in their relationship.

Star&QueenOfCups

To barefootlife and MadeiraDarling

All the cards are meant to be the emotions he feels right now about her so, that's why I was confused how he could feel both "Lovers" connection to her and "Hermit" connection with that Knight of Pentacles in between.. He's graduating MBA and also working so maybe the Knight of Pentacles points to that, too? That he needs clear mind and distance to concentrate on his work?

Barefootlife you're right about his character.. He's the type of person to always doubt everything.. he'd even ditch plans with his own friends with the line "too much hassle.. it wont work". However, they're together for 4 yrs and despite the ups and downs he always resurfaced unlike now..
She didnt call him on 1st week but, on 2nd+3rd she called a bunch of times and no reply.. So, for the past 3 weeks she disappeared from every place they used to hang out- real life and even her twitter.. She's started thinking he doesnt love her anymore..
MadeiraDarling I've really no idea what to advice..

barefootlife

If she's reached out that much and gotten nothing, it's time to let it go. If he's that conflict avoidant, then the KoP is illustrating his reluctance to make a move, so he's Hermiting it up. Maybe follow up with a 'what should I do' reading for her, but moving on seems like the best option.

ThtDancerGuy

I used the 3 card model (commonly used for Past-Present-Future) but I just wanted present insight "how he feels about her" in order to help my friend..
typical situation of a bf disappearing, "ghosting"..they were having minor arguments and then he just never called her again and it's been several weeks already..

Cards were: :The Lovers (yay I thought..maybe he still loves her),
Knight of Pentacles (wth..devotion but practical guy with slow approach?) and... The Hermit......... (does this mean she shouldnt contact him cause he just wants to be left alone? it doesnt make sense?? I really hope it doesnt mean he finds her annoying or something.. Ive good intuition in relationship readings but this troubled me greatly..)

Hi Star&QueenOfCups,

Since you said you're just using the model of 3 cards in a linear line I'm assuming you're intending to read them as a sequence, left to right, with no spread meanings to follow. That's fine, I love that setup best because it activates my intuition so much better to see them progress and follow one after the other. Looking at The Lovers (the relationship once shared) to the Knight of Pentacles (movement away from due to a cold keeling over of the love – Knights are movement and action and Pentacles can be something turning cold and to stone; the Knight of Pentacles can also be about aloneness and self-preservation) to finally The Hermit card (he needs to go his own path and discover himself and what he wants, clearly away from her). It's all very self-explanatory, the pictures literally read like a sentence.

earthshine

Hi Star&QueenOfCups,

Since you said you're just using the model of 3 cards in a linear line I'm assuming you're intending to read them as a sequence, left to right, with no spread meanings to follow. That's fine, I love that setup best because it activates my intuition so much better to see them progress and follow one after the other. Looking at The Lovers (the relationship once shared) to the Knight of Pentacles (movement away from due to a cold keeling over of the love – Knights are movement and action and Pentacles can be something turning cold and to stone; the Knight of Pentacles can also be about aloneness and self-preservation) to finally The Hermit card (he needs to go his own path and discover himself and what he wants, clearly away from her). It's all very self-explanatory, the pictures literally read like a sentence.
This is my reading of the cards, too. At this point, you may want to draw an advice card. But if you wish to just derive what your friend needs to do out of these three, I'd say give the guy some space.