The Sun as "Yes" to a romance question? + dreams

FleurMai

Ok, so I asked the cards a yes/no question in regards to whether I should get coffee with a guy who gave me his number. I should know better than to ask the cards yes/no stuff (it never works for me) because I'm not sure how to interpret this. At first I was thinking of the masculine energy associated with it, rising sun, opportunity, etc. But then I thought a little bit more deeply about the imagery and some of the dreams I've been having (I tend to have oddly prophetic dreams).

A recent dream involved me as the mother of a child who had very blond hair (I have very dark hair) and I wasn't exactly happy in the dream. A traditional image, in fact the image in the very deck I was using, features the sun as a very blond child. Also, this guy has blond hair.

I guess I'm just not sure what to do with that, I certainly want to avoid the unhappy situation I was in in my dream -- but I've also had past readings that have been telling me to keep my eyes open for love (although I was hoping this was in regards to a different person I have a crush on...)

What other insights do people have? Am I reading (heh) way too much into this? Or should I just try a new reading asking for further information?

IndigoWaves

If you tend to have prophetic dreams, I wouldn't take this one lightly: the Sun may have been presented to you here not as a "Yes" but as a way to trigger your memories of those dreams and make you more cautious... Which could mean avoiding this guy altogether, before becoming invested in him at all, or at least taking adequate protective measures to avoid unhappy/unwanted motherhood if you do become involved... The Sun and dream might also mean that the guy, himself, would turn out to be very immature -- a "big kid" who would be problematic/disappointing somehow and make you regret ever starting the relationship.

earthshine

I actually think the Sun card means go have coffee with him on a sunny afternoon in a nicely lit café and have a bright disposition. The dream may just reflect some worries you may have about the situation.

TK_Finch

I've seen the Sun mean, "Time to come clean; Be honest with yourself and open with others." Sort of the opposite of the Moon, in some regards. Could that be applicable for you here?

Definitely no need to reply to this thought in any more detail that you want to give. Just thought I should share it, since the other readings hadn't been satisfactory.

Sandalwood

I think you can either go. Or not.

The Sun is open and receptive without too much attachment to anything. It's just a coffee. It doesn't have to be anything other.

But maybe you already knew (Sun) that you just weren't up for it and therefore you should follow that gut.

Pique Dame

I think the Sun is saying "Why not?" Go have a cup of coffee. It's harmless and you just might enjoy yourself. And the coffee. :)

FleurMai

Thanks for the insights everyone, I still not quite sure what I'm going to do. I think part of it is that we had quite a bit in common but I also still have a crush on someone else, with the addition of the dream. But like many of you are saying, it's just coffee! XD I think I'll go to the coffee but if it goes well I worry that I'll need to think about pursuing it a lot, but I can face that when it comes to that :)