The English Magic Tarot

FLizarraga

I have a you tube video up of my unboxing of this deck if you want to see more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15X...ment_id=z13wt5sw2uahcvxb404cid1ahqbzf3vz4lk0k

:)

Great video, Little Bear! :thumbsup:

The cards seem pretty large, but not too much. The borders on the minors, though, look even chunkier in the video. Ugh. What a waste of perfectly good cardstock. The entire self-published Anna K has color-coded borders, but they are not intrusive at all; in fact, I have no problem living with them, despite being a big borderphobe. These suckers, though, are UGLY.

Is the finish semi-glossy or matte? It looks semi-glossy to me, but it could be simply because the light is shining directly on the cards.

gregory

Semi-glossy. It's pretty good stock actually. Shuffles well.

Chiriku

LittleBear, that was one of the most enjoyable YouTube videos I've seen in a long while. Enjoyable content, enjoyable visuals (and I don't just mean the cards).

You've got a great personality for this sort of thing.

That said , I don't think I'll be adding this deck to my collection. Much as I like theme, the colors, the borders and the backs will keep me from wanting to use it.

Little_Bear

Great video, Little Bear! :thumbsup:

The cards seem pretty large, but not too much. The borders on the minors, though, look even chunkier in the video. Ugh. What a waste of perfectly good cardstock. The entire self-published Anna K has color-coded borders, but they are not intrusive at all; in fact, I have no problem living with them, despite being a big borderphobe. These suckers, though, are UGLY.

Is the finish semi-glossy or matte? It looks semi-glossy to me, but it could be simply because the light is shining directly on the cards.

Thank you. :)
Yeah, I'm not sure if I can get past the borders either!
The cards are semi-glossy.

Little_Bear

LittleBear, that was one of the most enjoyable YouTube videos I've seen in a long while. Enjoyable content, enjoyable visuals (and I don't just mean the cards).

You've got a great personality for this sort of thing.

That said , I don't think I'll be adding this deck to my collection. Much as I like theme, the colors, the borders and the backs will keep me from wanting to use it.

Thank you for watching!

Morwenna

I just watched the unboxing. Great video! (Love the ninja squirrels! :D) And anyone who can comfortably make a video in the kitchen that's not about food has my admiration! (And an LP on the counter?!)

This has shown me enough of the deck that I can decide on it, but I am still a bit up in the air. Some of the cards I like and some I don't. But all that backward writing and runic writing has me wanting to have it in hand and figure it all out! Decisions, decisions...

I'm not really bothered by the borders though. It might be different having both majors and minors in a spread, though, because of the contrast. But contrast could be a good thing, allowing the reader to instantly identify the majors.

Eusebia

Someone spoke of "Shades of Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell", now I HAVE to have this thank you so much!
Well, I also like the colour sheme, and it looks like it won't be that expensive. If I only knew when to study all these decks!

gregory

That was me, and it is and what it is so. It is SO, and so is the book that comes with it. I didn't see that coming and I was delighted. You can almost see them advising in production, just out of the corner of your eye :D

Little_Bear

Bloody brilliant.
I normally avoid YouTube videos about Tarot, but you have knocked my prejudices on the head. This deck is about to arrive down here to me in Aus, and although I'm still really looking forward to it, borders and all, I so enjoyed your 'unboxing'.

Thank you. X

Has it arrived yet? It's always different getting a feel for the deck physically than on a screen. What are your thoughts on it?

Thank you for watching my video. :)