Witches Tarot (Dugan) -- Nothing fancy, but DANG!

Luna's Crone

i bought the app. I usually do buy the apps if i am thinking of buying the deck. also it gives you an idea if it has a book or lwb. Gonna check it out.

Disa

I ordered one from Amazon; I thought I could overlook some of the photography inserted in the cards. They arrived and were stuck together; I tried to separate but they ripped the edges, and I had to return them. I wasn't all that heart broken, as seeing them in person, I couldn't get past the photos.

I couldn't get past the photography inserted into the cards, either. For me the deck was jarring and did not flow. I was so disappointed when I received this deck, because I do love the books and things I have that were written by Ellen Dugan. I finally just gave the deck away. I just could not bring myself to use it :( That's really never happened to me before. I guess my expectations were too high.

Silmaril23

I couldn't get past the photography inserted into the cards, either. For me the deck was jarring and did not flow. I was so disappointed when I received this deck, because I do love the books and things I have that were written by Ellen Dugan. I finally just gave the deck away. I just could not bring myself to use it :( That's really never happened to me before. I guess my expectations were too high.

I'm not sure what you guys mean by "photography." Do you just mean that the graphics are too life-like? I know that the CGI artists use photos as a basis, but I don't see it as actual photography...it's more like realistic portraits. But maybe that's just me!

As I said in my original post, though...I don't have a very high opinion of the art overall. BUT...the deck reads like a dream, so she's staying put for now. :D

Booklioness

Yes, the CGI faces looked too real; for me that was distracting. It is a beautiful deck. Similar to the Tarot Illuminati... I couldn't get past the faces. Weird, I know.. another gorgeous deck.

Disa

The faces don't match the rest of the card. It looks as though the face was cropped out of a picture and inserted into the rest of the graphics of the card. I'm not an artist so I don't know the terminology, but the faces didn't match, or didn't blend in with the rest of the person or the scenery.