How do you store your decks?

spiraling

My Joie de Vivre is incased within a rainbow-y glitter-y digital camera carrier of the choicest tackiness, that suits its celebratory 'spirit' perfectly.

Winterchild

My Joie de Vivre is incased within a rainbow-y glitter-y digital camera carrier of the choicest tackiness, that suits its celebratory 'spirit' perfectly.

NOW THAT SOUNDS WONDERFUL!! Any pics? I love the idea of an eclectic collection of Tarot Deck bags and cases etc..... all mine are different, I have never been one for matching things!!

spiraling

NOW THAT SOUNDS WONDERFUL!! Any pics? I love the idea of an eclectic collection of Tarot Deck bags and cases etc..... all mine are different, I have never been one for matching things!!

I THOUGHT IT DID, TOO, THANKIES! Yeah, I don't have any pictures taken of my tarot related things, but I may consider that in the future... eventually...

My approach to the world of tarot involves implementing a sense of collaboration between my creative self expression (however inspired) and the larger spiritual world, in all its personalities and manifestations, which includes what I perceive to be the personality of individual decks. It's an expression of my love towards tarot to 'decorate' them accordingly.

shadowdancer

A few of my trimmed decks fit into sistema snap-close lunchbox cases (Us Kiwi's know what they are - the small ones that take crackers etc).

Not for long term storage, but ideal for a handbag :) and only cost $2 each. Otherwise I have some tins coming via ebay.

Main reading decks are in DarkNatureCases.

The rest are piled in a chest.

Rhiamon

3 of my decks are in a wooden cigar box my husband brought home from Iraq....I love it so much because there's none around like mine :D hehehehe

Winterchild

I THOUGHT IT DID, TOO, THANKIES! Yeah, I don't have any pictures taken of my tarot related things, but I may consider that in the future... eventually...

My approach to the world of tarot involves implementing a sense of collaboration between my creative self expression (however inspired) and the larger spiritual world, in all its personalities and manifestations, which includes what I perceive to be the personality of individual decks. It's an expression of my love towards tarot to 'decorate' them accordingly.

I couldn't have put it better, that is exactly how I feel.... I am currently knitting a polo neck *sweater* for my Darkana in black and grey... it may get a splash of red :)

Cactus Dahlia

I only have a few decks. They're stored in a drawer and each remains in its box lovingly wrapped in a pretty piece of cloth or scarf. The one in use at the moment is on the book shelf close at hand, but still wrapped in its finery.

SunChariot

I have a small but growing collection of decks. Up until now they've been sort of scattered around my bedroom, most of them still in the boxes they came in. I recently ordered some new tarot bags (yay!), which got me thinking that I need a better organizational system. I don't have a lot of space but I still need my decks to be accessible.

I started thinking about baskets and boxes, etc.... And THEN I started wondering how others here at AT organize and store their decks.

Sooo, how do YOU store your collection?

I don't keep the boxes, so mine are all in pouches, each pouch is different so I can find my decks. I have photos of each in its pouch online, listed by name. As I have 115 decks and use them all. Without a system I could never find the right one.

Bascically, they are currently divided between 5 places, Each of my night tables next to my bed has 2 drawers in it. SO they are in each of the 4 drawers. And the remaining ones are on top of my dresser (which is recessed into the wall with doors that close over it.)

Babs

Carla

I have photos of each in its pouch online, listed by name. As I have 115 decks and use them all. Without a system I could never find the right one.

Babs

So if you want to find a deck, you look online and find a picture to show you which bag it's in? Wow, that's pretty amazing. I only have a few of mine in bags and yet I'm forever forgetting which is which.

rylla

I used to place each deck into a tarot bag bought or made by me. I did like to keep them like this. As my collection grew I was faced with the disadvantage - as my decks were in bags and I kept the boxes as well - I needed double space to store them. So I put most of the decks back in their original box :-(
I keep them on bookshelves, drawers. I like easy access to them. Finally I decided to buy only decks that I really like , to get more selective. Reasons for it are many; one of them is storage.