What is your favourite tarot card?

think

Which of the cards do you like seeing the most? Is it because of familiarity or rarity, an exciting promise, an inspirational hidden message, or because it exudes peace and happiness?

I think I like to see the Moon the most. I like the image of the card on every deck I've seen, and it feels magical and alluring.

Tanga

It changes from day to day and depending on my mood. :)

Presently - I'm in the mood for Death from the Barbieri Tarot, which depicts a magical lady holding her left hand out as she projects power from it.
The energy emanating off her hand is in the form of golden butterfly shapes and fae dust.

That's my current mood and desire - to find ways to flow with the current change I am experiencing. I.e. control the inevitable transformation to my liking. ;)

think

Oh yeah, I meant to add that mine changes.

I went through a good phase last year of having the Tower as a firm favourite. It's not anymore.

I just looked up that Death card - wow, that's effective!

DaughterOfDanu

The Star is always my favorite, and my personal signifier. Though I feel sadly it's one of the majors that don't get as much attention from artists as Death, The Fool, The Lovers and other more popular major arcana. So I have very few Star cards that I love, my favorite being the Shadowscapes tarot's.

Luna-Ocean

The Star being that it brings hope and positivity it's always great to see that in a reading and the Hermit from the Rider Waite deck, my other not so positive but favs are the Tower and Death these can be quite scary to have in readings but sometimes can be good and well needed?

HallowedNight

My favorites change as well, but I'm always rather partial to the Emperor, as it's my birth card and I love the Emperor energy in the Wild Unknown, which is the deck I use most often. It also just really fits with me and my personality, so it resonates for me most of the time. I also love the World, especially the World Tree in the Wildwood. :^)

Grizabella

The High Priestess because it's both my birth and my soul card. I always like a nice High Priestess card in a deck. The Illuminati has a beautiful card for HP and if I remember correctly, the Pirates deck has a fortuneteller for their HP.

NatKat

Which of the cards do you like seeing the most? Is it because of familiarity or rarity, an exciting promise, an inspirational hidden message, or because it exudes peace and happiness?

Tough Choice!!!

I have to go with either Star or Magician.

The STAR reminds me always of hope and rebirth and renewal and our connection with the Divine. Like no matter how dark things may get ... we each have some spark of the Divine.

The MAGICIAN reminds me that magic is real and that I have the power to set my course in life. Like that line from the song "La Bamaba"
...yo no soy marinero, yo no soy marinero, soy capitan, soy capitan ...
(I am not a sailor ... I am the captain)

Great question. Thanks!

think

Ohh, it's funny to see how often the Star comes up as a favourite. I don't feel much of an affinity with the Star really at all right now. It feels distant, well stars are millions of light years away, so that may be why.

The Magician comes up often for me at the moment and I don't really like that either! Haha. I dunno, I just associate it with acting the fool, although of course it doesn't mean that, not always, not even that often, but I'm not too fond of it right now.

I do love the World, but I think it's because it comes up so rare for me. It's a kind of wise old man that makes an appearance now and then, solid and safe.

High Priestess, yes! I'll have a look at those decks. Emperor too, yes, that does have good energy.

I really like the 6 of Cups. Of all of the minor arcana, I do like that one. Perhaps it's my nostalgic self, but what's not to like about it.

rylla

My favorite card is Judgement - revelation. It does bring changes but you don't have to go through a painful process as with the changes the Tower or the Death card brings.