Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 304 : May 27 - June 2

EmpyreanKnight

Strictly following a daily routine now. Week's just starting but it's already eventful. I don't like it. Let's see.

lantana

Early week thoughts on the Wooden Tarot

Ahh, I forgot about this deck's dynamic. I always find myself drawing a blank when I first pull, but then I come back to it and suddenly I have a whole page filled out in my tarot journal. It's definitely a deck that requires chewing, but it gives such satisfying readings when you do.

I'll try to do a big spread with it this week, since I had such a great experience doing so with last week's deck.

Trogon

Thanks VioletGimlet!

Thank you so much for hosting these DotW threads for us VG! These have been great for me as I'm getting back in to Tarot after my "hiatus". You're the best!

Trogon

Impressions on The Egyptian Tarot

So, as I've already said, I'm working with my Egyptian Tarot deck by Silvan Alasia. The deck is published by Lo Scarabeo and has the oft-reviled titles in 6 languages. I don't really mind those titles too much, though they are a tiny distraction - hopefully I'll get used to them.

My sister had purchased this (the full "kit" with 160 pg companion book) for me several years ago, and although I had gone through the deck and book, I don't believe I've done readings with it before now (maybe one?). Unfortunately, I seem to have misplaced the LWB, but with the larger book, that should be okay.

The original artwork for these cards was hand-painted on papyrus. And, while you don't actually have that physical texture, the cards do capture the look quite well. And that being the case, the background of every card is unique, since it was painted on this handmade material. They're quite beautiful as they're all done in a style that captures the look of ancient tomb paintings. Many of the Majors and a few of the court cards also have hieroglyphs on them (I have no idea if they're actually translatable or not - but they look cool).

The cards are apparently based on the Thoth tradition, which is only appropriate. This puts Justice at VIII and Strength at XI. Fortunately for me (as my initial learning has been RWS), this does not significantly change the meanings of these 2 cards (though I suppose that if one were heavily into numerology, it might make some difference). The numbered cards of the Minor Arcana primarily only have illustrations of the number of symbols (ie, 5 cups on the 5 of Chalices) along with one or two other Egyptian symbols (that 5 of Chalices has an Eye of Horus and a Shen ring).

While this art is beautiful, it is a little ... "flat" I guess. Many of the cards don't seem to much "life" in them, even some of the Majors. As such, they feel more static, at least during study, than some other decks I have. This isn't a bad thing, it's just different.

I did a "New Deck" reading with this today and it was very interesting. I feel like this deck is going to be a very good deck for spiritual and other self-improvement type work. I also expect it will be very good for working on things held over from one's past, or even past lives.

In short, so far, I'm loving this deck. I must remember to call my sister and thank her again. :|

Carojulie

One card one compliment

Hello DOTW friends !

I have been inspired by this thread :
https://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=212026
to use my weekly deck to draw one card for each of you and interpret it as describing one of your personal qualities and also one aspect of your physical attractiveness.
I hope none of you mind my drawing a card for you ? It's a game and meant to stay fun.
It's a cool game for practicing reading any card in its positive meanings, and it's fun to try and get to know you better !
I used the Sacred Bridges tarot, and each time put back the card I had drown back in the deck (each time I drew from the entire 78 cards deck)

So here is my little tuesday gift for each of you :

VGimlet - Five of Wheels
You are a loyal friend and will stick to your pals in the face of adversity, you have a warm way of offering your support which will always cheer up the atmosphere. You have beautiful long lashes.

CharlotteK - Ace of Staves
You have a fiery and joyful nature, your enthusiasm is catching. Your hair is a rich colour, full of deep copper shades.

EmpyreanKnight - Apprentice of Stakes
You have a playful nature and your have the art to turn chores into games. Your body moves with a lot of grace.

Ballerina - Four of Staves
You have a gift for music and dancing, and your smile is positively dazzling.

Scarlet Woodland - Shaman of Wheels
You have green thumbs, flower and plants grow and flourish under your care. You have mesmerizing eyes and you smell of roses.

csmith0406 - Nine of Stakes
Your mental powers are sharp, you can change the mood of a whole room full of people just by concentrating your will and intent. You have beautiful hands and nails.

BodhiSeed - Three of Wheels
You have the gift of noticing the nice details and good sides in pretty much everything and everyone, your optimism is catching. You have a graceful neck and charming little nose.

DaughterOfDanu - Four of Wheels
You stay clear headed and calm in any situation, you have the gift of not letting anything ruin your day. You have a super sexy silhouette.

Green Faerie - Two of Wheels
You are the champion of solidarity and you put your leadership qualities to good use by organising all actions needed to give support and help to your community. Your have beautiful, glowing skin.

Amberjune - Seven of Waters
You have kept the ability to marvel at all life's little wonders, and you have a somptuous mane of hair.

Morwenna - Eight of Waters
You keep your good humour at all times and you will gracefuly find your way out of any tricky situation. You have nice legs and feet.

Rose Lalonde - Shaman of Stakes
Whatever the challenge you set yourself up for, your dedication and inteligence will always lead you to success, and will earn you the admiration of your peers. You have a beautiful stunning profile like a greek statue.

lantana - Artisan of Stakes
You are hardworking and courageous, you do not shy away from tough tasks. You have delicate pretty feet and hands.

Trogon - Shaman of Stakes
You are charismatic and a natural leader. You have beautiful arched eyebrows.

DC419 - Gaïa
You have a loving heart in your chest and you spread love all around you, people and animals are attracted by your warm vibes. You have large beautiful eyes of an unusual color.

luxa - The Lovers
You are loyal and generous, your happy energy enligthens the days of your friends. You have an angelic smile.

AJ - Ten of Staves
You are brave and audacious, and your intrepidity is catching ; you help your friends become bolder themselves, and you lead the way into adventures. Your daredevil smile is irresistible.

RavenOfSummer - Chief of Wheels
You are an artist who has a knack for embelishing all aspects and objects of daily life, so that you always appear to be part of a work of art yourself. You have a sensual mouth.

page of ghosts - Five of Waters
You have an empathic heart that makes you understand people's feelings in an objective way, so you always know how to offer adequate support. You have graceful limbs and pretty hands.

Enjoy ! And tell me what you think, if you feel like sharing !
:)

BodhiSeed

Hello DOTW friends !

to use my weekly deck to draw one card for each of you and interpret it as describing one of your personal qualities and also one aspect of your physical attractiveness.
I hope none of you mind my drawing a card for you ? It's a game and meant to stay fun.
It's a cool game for practicing reading any card in its positive meanings, and it's fun to try and get to know you better !
I used the Sacred Bridges tarot, and each time put back the card I had drown back in the deck (each time I drew from the entire 78 cards deck)

BodhiSeed - Three of Wheels
You have the gift of noticing the nice details and good sides in pretty much everything and everyone, your optimism is catching. You have a graceful neck and charming little nose.

This was fun - thank you for doing it, Carojulie!:heart: While I'm practical to a fault at times, I definitely like to pay attention to the small things and I tend to be a "glass half full" kind of gal! (Not sure about the graceful neck part, but I do have a smallish nose.) :D

DaughterOfDanu

Hello DOTW friends !

DaughterOfDanu - Four of Wheels
You stay clear headed and calm in any situation, you have the gift of not letting anything ruin your day. You have a super sexy silhouette.

This is a really cool exercise. Right now I'm feeling the pressure of a family member being hospitalized (They're doing well, so no worries) still it feels very strange and a little sad without their presence in the house and of course I'm feeling the pressure of taking over the responsibilities that they used to handle when other family members were in the hospital (Checking in on them, speaking with nurses, doctors etc.) But I refuse to let it affect me, my routine, and the things I need to get done. I so badly wished to take some time off from work to focus on taking it easy, and while I could, I dragged myself out of bed this morning because I believe in putting one foot in front of the other no matter how hard things get.

This really resonated with me Carojulie! And of course I do find my shape to be something flattering about my body :D

In other news I'm still enjoying the Animal Totem Tarot. It speaks to me fairly well and sometime's it's nice to get away from the human aspect of tarot and let nature's messengers share some wisdom. I may bring out my Tarot of Trees and the Soul Trees Oracle around the Summer Solstice, with all the talk about the ToT, I realized it does seem like a summery deck as does the Herbal Tarot/Herbal Healing Deck pair I've been working with a lot lately. It might be fun to have set seasonal deck pairs to work with the first week of each season so I'll try that in a few weeks when the Summer Solstice comes around.

Thank you again VG for this week's thread, If I haven't already! :p

Green Faerie

Hello DOTW friends !

Green Faerie - Two of Wheels
You are the champion of solidarity and you put your leadership qualities to good use by organising all actions needed to give support and help to your community. Your have beautiful, glowing skin.

What a neat exercise, Carojulie! Thank you for doing this for us! I do a LOT of organizing in my university community in various ways, so that is very accurate indeed. :) I am a big believer in solidarity, diversity, and inclusivity. And while I don't know about beautiful, I have very pale skin that is the legacy of being English and Irish on my mother's side. :D

Morwenna

Hello DOTW friends !

Morwenna - Eight of Waters
You keep your good humour at all times and you will gracefuly find your way out of any tricky situation. You have nice legs and feet.

Aww thanks! :) (I used to get compliments on my legs, true...)

lantana

lantana - Artisan of Stakes
You are hardworking and courageous, you do not shy away from tough tasks. You have delicate pretty feet and hands.

Carojulie, this is so sweet of you! :love: I get told this about myself pretty often, even if I have a tough time believing it some days.
I'm not sure about "delicate" hands (I feel like I have sausage fingers) but I'll take the compliment! :D