blank cards

Journeygirl

I am thinking of making my own cards, I feel putting my own energy into the cards, perhaps it will help me connect deeper.

But - what to use?

Can you buy blank cards? And if yes, what sort of paints / crayons would be good to use?

Padma

you can buy blank tarot cards from Amazon - just go to their website and type in blank tarot cards at the top in the search bar :)

You might want to use permanent markers for colouring them in...that way they won't smudge. If you want to use water colours or coloured pencils, you can use a spray-can acrylic finish to cover them, and so protect your drawings. This is available at art stores. Hth!

celticnoodle

you can also purchase them from Walmart online, and most art supply stores--Michaels, etc. I also agree with LP to use permanent markers to color them in. Not sure a pencil would even show up--but if it does, perhaps drawing the outline of what you want on that and then color it in--carefully!

Chronata

You can put a thin layer of primer (ie Gesso) on the cards, and then pencils will work. But soft leads (like Prismacolor ) work better than hard leads.

Then coat them in an acrylic clear coat when you are done!

Journeygirl

Thank you, lots of good ideas. Now to release my creative juices on a deck of blank cards.

I'm rubbish at art, it's more conceptual to me and I sense an energetic connection in pouring of my self into the cards. If that makes sense?