Anna K Lenormand

Barleywine

Can I ask you how you see/what you feel the traditional meaning is for it? Because other books and online sites I've peeked at seem to agree with what Anna has.

Sure! From the Phillipe Lenormand sheet: "If near, means the certain success of a wish or a plan; if distant, the contrary."

Otherwise, a "Yes" answer; "It will come to pass;" certainty; providence.

It implies a dispensation received in an unambiguous way, not one that has to be unlocked. Too much emphasis can be placed on the presumed "action" associated with a key, and not the simple fact that "the answer is Yes." It feels more like a "get in free"door pass than the solution to a riddle.

It seems to me to be less about seeking an answer by having to go through some dedicated "unlocking" process (with the associated psychological assumptions) than about having the affirmative answer handed to you. I would look at the surrounding card to see what the context of "Yes" might be, but I don't read too much that's functionally literal into the "key" image or metaphor.

greatdane

Interesting....

Goes to show how we can all see the same image and think about it differently.

I'm very literal in my interpretation of the cards in Lenormand for the most part. I see the KEY as literally...a KEY. As in the KEY to unlocking a problem, the KEY to fixing something.

There is no one way to read Lenormand, but it seems like we are going off track now and yet I find this whole conversation most compelling and would love to explore more!

Maybe we can start a thread or renew an old one here re Lenormand meanings?

greatdane

FOR THOSE INTERESTED.....

So we don't get too far afield on a Lenormand Creation thread, I just started a thread in Lenormand about how YOU see the cards....the images, combining, etc.

PLEASE feel free to JUMP on in and share your experiences or thoughts!

Now back to our main channel and the Anna. K Lenormand and the Key!

celticnoodle

Sure! From the Phillipe Lenormand sheet: "If near, means the certain success of a wish or a plan; if distant, the contrary."

Otherwise, a "Yes" answer; "It will come to pass;" certainty; providence.

It implies a dispensation received in an unambiguous way, not one that has to be unlocked. Too much emphasis can be placed on the presumed "action" associated with a key, and not the simple fact that "the answer is Yes." It feels more like a "get in free"door pass than the solution to a riddle.

It seems to me to be less about seeking an answer by having to go through some dedicated "unlocking" process (with the associated psychological assumptions) than about having the affirmative answer handed to you. I would look at the surrounding card to see what the context of "Yes" might be, but I don't read too much that's functionally literal into the "key" image or metaphor.

Nouns / phrases: Acts of opening, unlocking something which was closed. Openness of all kinds; lack of restriction. Open-mindedness, open heart. The means, the means to an end, that which is necessary to achieve what we want, solution (of a problem), the key to success. Access, accessibility, admittance. Liberation, deliverance, relief. Yes, acceptance, permission. Welcome, inclusion, integration. Insight, idea, inspiration, understanding, comprehension, eureka! Ingenuity, inventiveness.

Activities: To open, unlock. To use something as a means (for an end); to solve (a problem), succeed. To gain access, gain admission, insert. To make something accessible. To liberate, deliver, produce/grant relief. To say yes, allow, accept. To welcome, include, integrate. To have an idea, figure out, understand, invent. To do something immediately. To impend.

Thank you, Barleywine for your answer. Sorry for my late reply, but we've been having some very bad storms here and so I was waiting for the worse of it to be over. Right now, a lull in activity! :laugh:

but, don't you think Anna implies this also where I have it in bold yellow? I do. However, maybe its how I'm reading it.

celticnoodle

Goes to show how we can all see the same image and think about it differently.
yes, I agree. But this is also why its great that we all have our own ideas too.

I'm very literal in my interpretation of the cards in Lenormand for the most part. I see the KEY as literally...a KEY. As in the KEY to unlocking a problem, the KEY to fixing something.

There is no one way to read Lenormand, but it seems like we are going off track now and yet I find this whole conversation most compelling and would love to explore more!
AMEN TO THAT!

Years ago, when I first tried to learn the Lenormand and go with just my thoughts on the individual cards, I rec'd a lot of flack about how I was reading the cards. It made me stop. I put the lennies aside and wasn't going to even try reading with them again. But, then someone here on A.T. - a beginner, gifted me a reading and they emailed it to me. I was BLOWN away! I knew this person was a beginner, but wow! they did a great job. I was floored at how good it was. I decided right then and there to give it another try and because I've always liked Rana George so much and the person who gifted me the reading learned from Rana's book, I went ahead and bought that book as well. I am still a beginner, but I am doing pretty good with it overall. I still add my own impressions in it--because this is just how I read. I have only recently begun to reach out into my list of clients and offering a Lenormand reading to them instead of tarot and only for special customers right now, whom I trust to give me fb and help me learn. So far, so good! So, it is apparently working for me.

Maybe this is also why I like Anna's work. I feel that her images are very traditional but still also leave a lot of room for personal thoughts to be added in there. If you can get what I'm trying to convey here. I feel her artwork really goes beyond just putting a picture of a key or a bear or what have you and really gets to the heart of the meaning. I love it! It really speaks to me. :)

So we don't get too far afield on a Lenormand Creation thread, I just started a thread in Lenormand about how YOU see the cards....the images, combining, etc.

PLEASE feel free to JUMP on in and share your experiences or thoughts!

Now back to our main channel and the Anna. K Lenormand and the Key!
Very good idea and yeah, when I get the chance, I will definitely search it out and make some posts. :D T.Y. Greatdane!!!

Barleywine

but, don't you think Anna implies this also where I have it in bold yellow? I do. However, maybe its how I'm reading it.

Send those storms over here, we need the rain desperately!

The core idea behind the Key is knocking around in there somewhere, but it seems WAY too iterated and cerebral for what is really a very simple concept: success with certainty, no heavy lifting required.

celticnoodle

Send those storms over here, we need the rain desperately!

The core idea behind the Key is knocking around in there somewhere, but it seems WAY too iterated and cerebral for what is really a very simple concept: success with certainty, no heavy lifting required.

I think the storms are headed your way--though maybe its not going to go far enough north to hit you? We needed it as well. Our lawns are so dry and brown, its never been this bad in the 10 yrs we've lived here.

Thnx Barleywine! :)

greatdane

Awaiting the....CROSSROADS

We should have the next Anna. K card by this time next week, I'm hoping.

We're getting close to the countdown.....

I know the deck still has to be printed, but I am seeing this as a deck I can enjoy in 2017.

Fingers crossed we have it available to buy by Spring 2017. I would love it sooner, but I would rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed :).

Barleywine

We should have the next Anna. K card by this time next week, I'm hoping.

We're getting close to the countdown.....

I know the deck still has to be printed, but I am seeing this as a deck I can enjoy in 2017.

Fingers crossed we have it available to buy by Spring 2017. I would love it sooner, but I would rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed :).

I really hope the Crossroads will show "roads" and not "stairways" or some other oblique reference to a choice of paths. On the other hand, some of the classic cards don't make it that obvious either; they come across more like a field.

greatdane

we shall see, Barleywine

I have NO idea what it will be like, just what I read, which I posted, that it will be the next card.

So far, I have seen all Anna's images clearly. There hasn't been one I had to guess at what it was supposed to represent (which I can't say the same about some other decks unfortunately).

I am hoping we will have it in about a week, but I know it depends on Anna's schedule.