The Little Window Tarot

spoonbender

Your Chariot looks awesome, MrsOnePotato!!! It's pretty amazing how you conveyed an entire chariot with only a wheel and a baldaquin, you know, and the horses look great with just two legs and those elongated, giraffe-like necks. The expression of the horse looking up seems almost touched to me, soft and longing, while the horse looking down seems fierce and agressive - very apt.

It's one of my favourite cards so far!

And I'm looking forward to seeing the website. :)

Spoon

prudence

OMG

I just found this (thanks to Onepotato's mention of it in another thread) and I am IN LOVE....I love all of the images you have created so far, but my favorites so far are;

The Devil is so so stunning, he's perfect. The flames, the horns, the minions, oh, man, I cannot say enough about this image. Love it love it love it.:love:

And the Chariot, how you've rendered the horses, their beautifully curved necks...Your style is just perfect for a Marseilles deck, I can't wait to see the rest.

Wow.:D

MrsOnePotato

Still going....

Thank you so much LixiPixie, Spoon and Prudence! I'm so sorry not to have replied sooner...I do appreciate your encouragement so much, but work has had me very distracted for the last month.

Spoon, I don't know if you've noticed (you probably have), but the horses on the chariot card in the TdM only have 2 legs each. I find that quite interesting, and wanted to capture it in my card as well.

I will be working on the deck this weekend...hopefully I will have a few new images to post very very soon....

Thanks again all for the encouragement! :)
MrsOnePotato

Debra

Me too--been wondering if you'd get back to this and am glad to hear it's in your plans!

MrsOnePotato

The Empress

Well, after 2 false starts and a lot of struggling, I am finally willing to post something I think will suffice for The Empress:
http://members.aol.com/fiveoakleaves/little_window/lg03.html

Would love to hear some comments....

Just so people could see the cards together as a group, I've built a little website. It has thumbnails on one page and larger images if you click on the thumbnails:
http://members.aol.com/fiveoakleaves/little_window/index.html

I'll add cards as they are completed.
Thanks for all the support and comments so far...I wouldn't have had the stamina to keep working on this without you guys!

:) MrsOnePotato

Debra

Nice, nice. I love the pea pod imagery!

spoonbender

Ah, I'm so glad you posted a new card!!!!

I think the Empress looks great - surely she'll do more than "suffice"! She seems very sweet and gentle... and I love the bright green you included. Is it a sort of pennant? It looks very plant-like (it reminds me a Lily of the Valley), and it seems to merge into the structure that surrounds the card... Very interesting.

Another beautiful card, MrsOnePotato. :) And I love the crown, by the way!

Spoon

Chronata

ooh! I like the Empress too! She has an interesting look...and one that fits the Marseilles Empress quite nicely.
She looks like she would be a strong ruler! And I like her face...not really pretty...but wise...and with an inquisitive look. Very nice!

And thanks for putting them all in one place! I realized I missed a few!
It's really coming along well.

MrsOnePotato

Thank you

Thank you Debra, Spoon and Chronata!

I've had such hard time with this one...particularly with the face and with giving her appropriate surroundings that would look visually consistent with the cards I've done so far. It's more challenging than I'd hoped to create expressive faces at such a small scale using thick oil pastels. But I'm finding little tricks along the way that help...

spoonbender said:
... and I love the bright green you included. Is it a sort of pennant? It looks very plant-like (it reminds me a Lily of the Valley), and it seems to merge into the structure that surrounds the card...
I wanted her surroundings to be regal yet natural, so I thought a floral tapestry banner would do the trick. And right now there are lilies-of-the-valley blooming all around my yard, so they inspired me. :)

Justice will be next...it is almost done. I thought I was done with The Tower but I am going to start over...with each card I learn something new about handling the medium, and now I want to do something different with that card.

Thanks again for your comments!
MrsOnePotato

Debra

MrsOnePotato said:
I wanted her surroundings to be regal yet natural, so I thought a floral tapestry banner would do the trick. And right now there are lilies-of-the-valley blooming all around my yard, so they inspired me. :)

That's so funny, MrsOP--We have snow peas in the farmers markets now and I've been eating them raw, so I saw that banner as peas in a pod.... and thought how clever you are to have this elegant symbol of fertility with your regal Empress....just goes to show!