Deviant Moon-VII The Chariot

Skimo

Hello,

The Chariot is my daily draw today, I have been journaling about it and just wants to share my thoughts in the study group.

Description :
A white skinned creature is looking to the right showing us his right eye and his nose from the side.
He wears an armor, in dark metal with blue reflects. His helmet has a rounded top bordered by six little pointy teeth, looking like a killer whale to me. Two red smoking chimney with pointed end are like ears or horns on the top of the helmet.
His back is protected by three pointed fold of metal, hiding in part three opening like fish gills opening.
He stands on two coils, one big behind and one small in the front. They looks almost like eyes to me, with a white cornea around and a green iris in the center.
A pointed horn is on his chest.
His small shadow lie under him, on the dry cracked beige floor he is standing on.
The background is industrial, with red brick walls building, two high smoking chimneys on the left, one on the right side, with one big round window, three smaller windows and two doors : one black (opened?) and one beige/White (closed?) on the front of the building.
The sky is dark, ranging from beige on the bottom to black, cracked like the floor, with tiny stars barely visible and the crescent moon directed to the creature.

Keywords : moving on with energy, going directly to one's goal, journey, industry, predator/warrior

BlueBird5

Hi Skimo, this is a very interesting card and one of my favorite.
So as the meaning with it... moving forward...

Sar

But he is not moving forward, he is moving to the right. Back..

Adrasteia

Here’s another take on it (keep in mind that I’m a novice), if what strikes you about the card is that he is facing right, perhaps this is an indication that you should allow your day to be driven by logic and intellect more than emotion and intuition. (Doesn’t the right rule logic and intellect and the left rule emotion and intuition?)

To me he looks like an ever-vigilant watchman…his eye does not face the direction that he is going in, as if he’s not concerned with what lies ahead, but rather what obstacles may impede his journey.

mrmond

Sar said:
But he is not moving forward, he is moving to the right. Back..

Why do you think that moving right means going back? For me, it would be quite the opposite, he'd be moving back if he was facing left (it's just like with reading, where we move from left to right).

iceclone

mrmond said:
Why do you think that moving right means going back? For me, it would be quite the opposite, he'd be moving back if he was facing left (it's just like with reading, where we move from left to right).

I agree on this that left to right is moving forward. But the chariot character in the deviant moon doesn't show any signs of movement. He looks like he's standing still. But... you can see in his eyes that he is determined to move forward. His eyes doesn't show any fear. His armour shows wear and tear (or scratches). That could mean that he has experience and he has been moving already and maybe he's just stopping for a bit to rest and get in control again. So I'm thinking that this card is simply saying "I'm ready to move forward again."

mrmond

That he's not moving doesn't mean he's not travelling. For all we know, he could have been just standing still, posing for the painting ;). And besides, it's a bit hard for me to imagine how else one could show that the Chariot is moving in a still picture...

Anyway, iceclone, I'm very glad that you posted! For some time, I was afraid that there will be no one to talk to about this wonderful deck :).

iceclone

mrmond said:
That he's not moving doesn't mean he's not travelling. For all we know, he could have been just standing still, posing for the painting ;). And besides, it's a bit hard for me to imagine how else one could show that the Chariot is moving in a still picture...

Anyway, iceclone, I'm very glad that you posted! For some time, I was afraid that there will be no one to talk to about this wonderful deck :).

Thanks mrmond... I really like this deck! I hope to learn more from everybody here.

quintessence

The Chariot has done some solid work. A captain of enterprise, he has fired up the factories in the background with his hard labor which shows on his helmet. Now he stands poised, facing the future staunchly, ready to "go where no man has gone before." It's not just moving forward, it's moving forward with steely resolve. The expression is mature, knowing the potential bumps in the road, a seasoned traveller, not a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants adrenaline junkie. A road warrior.

Surja76

quintessence said:
The Chariot has done some solid work. A captain of enterprise, he has fired up the factories in the background with his hard labor which shows on his helmet. Now he stands poised, facing the future staunchly, ready to "go where no man has gone before." It's not just moving forward, it's moving forward with steely resolve. The expression is mature, knowing the potential bumps in the road, a seasoned traveller, not a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants adrenaline junkie. A road warrior.

yes bright mention.

We can not see legs and hands this chariot is pushing by only by means of the force of mind (one steam tower behind his head = Ace of wands). As to the classical meaning.
His horns really look like steam towers behind his head. He looks like steam locomotive who pushed forward thanks to the internal heating furnace.
He is looking for a way out of the vicious wheel of cause and effect, and the success that he will reach will be the result of his efforts, but not the case.

This card regards to the meaning of the astrological sign Cancer, which hides his richness of the inner world, under a strong Saturn Panzer (two horns on his head look like Devil's horns - Saturn horns), keeping it from external influences, contributing to the soul of doubt about the correct choice of the path. He is well protected and conserved in the armor, because Cancer is diffident in his powers sign and astrology advises him to become a warrior, replacing the passive defensive system of Saturn, the active creative, which corresponds to Mars and begin to act . Because if he chooses positioners defensive (we see a wheel, like a shield on his side), but not aggressive, he would deprive himself of many opportunities in life.
He collected and concentrated on what he is doing, not being distracted by external noise. Shield protects him from the world.

We can see two steam towers just before his head = 2 of wands.
It means - "Do not stop, move forward, grab for your chance and do not abide in uncertainty. See well what moves to meet you and do not lose ground against". At the same time, it cautioned that we should not rush headlong into the adventure, which may be untimely and destructive, which can lead to defeat, sometimes passivity can be productive. Should search for opportunities and force himself not to miss the opportune moment and win.
He knows that this victory will be difficult. We can see one sharp beak on the armor = Ace of Sword.

We can see three bolts on the left side of the shield = 3 of coins and two bolts on the right side of the shield = 2 of coins. Decision of the new project has come but caution and indecision not give to move on, shackled this knight, armor kept him under frames.
This card symbolizes the awakening of the hero, who finds a way to himself, the main thing for him is to overcome his internal barriers and begin to act. 2 sharp horns on his head = 2 swords (barriers). Also it means "combination of opposites", which confers rights of independent destiny, able to manage others.

As I told before Cancer is not different sign in his forces, it is important for him to maintain a balance, to be collected for a new roll, and act cautiously, he needs support and the approval of their actions on the part of others, the vanity inherent in a chariot comes just from it.
We can see small wheel in front of the big one. It reminds me my childhood and my first adult two wheels bicycle presented by my parents.
That bicycle had two wheels but on the safe side my father fitted third small one aside in order to safe me from disbalance and falling down till I feel strong on the main two wheels.

This small wheel on the card is look like small military mine detector, which allowed forward in front of a large tank, so that he did not hit a mine.