Astro~Twist Spread~ Tech Thread

maria42airam

lunalafey said:
SO- anyone willing to submit thier info for study purposes, I have started an account at www.astro.com for all participants to access our natals.
If you would like to add your natal to the collection please give me a PM and I will give you the login information.

Is this the same account that is mentioned in the Astrology beginner's thread? If so, mine's there. Coincidentally (is there such a thing?) I filed mine there about 2 days before I saw this thread.

lunalafey

nope, different account- I just set this one up just for this group.
I used to have another account for astrostudy a long time ago- maybe the're still using it...heehee...

WhiteRaven

It's cool to check everyone's out but the prediction thingy in there...I'm not too sure about. I have a small program here at home that generates a chart...nothing like someone sent me mind you...ahem...but when I go to try and understand the prediction part of it...which it has progression of this and that...and all these degrees...I'm totally LOST! Astrology just isn't clicking in this brain of mine anymore....so my "predictions" if you can actually call it that is with Tarot for the most part...but then even with that. I don't look to Tarot as much for "prediction" as I do "advice"...to get the Outcome that the Tarot gives, you HAVE to follow the advice..

ok..I'm babbling...I'm totally bored over here...and have no clue what to do....hmmmmm....

lunalafey

The different avenues of astrology got to be too to much for me and I had to set it aside for a while. Doing this study has put my back into the groove a bit. There is so much that can be done with it. Horay, transits, progressions, composite charts....on and on!

In the study I have been doing of the astrological aspects, I find that the Natal is a good background to have for the personality being read for, but does not really play into the reading of the cards- anyone get a different feeling about that? Yes the natal made sense with the cards & positions, but there is not influencing of the reading. There is one exception, if you could really call it that, and that is when the natal &/or shadow cards/planets/signs connect in some way. I have an Emperor opposition in Aries/Libra and that seemed to strengthen the card pulled for that position (for the good or bad).

I'm going to start with a progressed chart and what it looks like compared to the cards. The planet positions in a progressed chart are fixed, that will be easier to work with. Transits move around to fast for me at this point. But eventually I'm going to find some -pinpoints- of planets and note them- formula for that; I've not fully developed yet. Something like, I pulled the Star, so if or when will Uranus move into Sag (position of card) or I pulled the Emperor- so I'll find something to point to with Mars.

Does anyone know of a site that shows the planetary positions of the day?
I did not get my planetary book for 2005 yet, and might not be able to, so a site would be most helpful.

starsongs

lunalafey said:
The different avenues of astrology got to be too to much for me and I had to set it aside for a while. Doing this study has put my back into the groove a bit. There is so much that can be done with it. Horay, transits, progressions, composite charts....on and on!

In the study I have been doing of the astrological aspects, I find that the Natal is a good background to have for the personality being read for, but does not really play into the reading of the cards- anyone get a different feeling about that? Yes the natal made sense with the cards & positions, but there is not influencing of the reading. There is one exception, if you could really call it that, and that is when the natal &/or shadow cards/planets/signs connect in some way. I have an Emperor opposition in Aries/Libra and that seemed to strengthen the card pulled for that position (for the good or bad).

I'm going to start with a progressed chart and what it looks like compared to the cards. The planet positions in a progressed chart are fixed, that will be easier to work with. Transits move around to fast for me at this point. But eventually I'm going to find some -pinpoints- of planets and note them- formula for that; I've not fully developed yet. Something like, I pulled the Star, so if or when will Uranus move into Sag (position of card) or I pulled the Emperor- so I'll find something to point to with Mars.

Does anyone know of a site that shows the planetary positions of the day?
I did not get my planetary book for 2005 yet, and might not be able to, so a site would be most helpful.

There are so very many aspects to astrology that it can get to be too much; it's true! Sometimes its good to focus on the ones that make the most sense and seem most useful for you.

Looking at the secondary progressed chart relative to this spreard should be quite telling. It should also measure more of where we are currently. The only body that changes more than a degree a year is the moon.

It would seem an Emperor definitely would highlight positions in Libra/Aries. I've found a few connection in my own chart..High Priestess connected with the ascendant and 2 Twos, one each on the house that contain the North and South nodes of the Moon..progressed Mercury is on the natal ASC too..Haven't had the chance to delve into it yet, but I look forward to it...and feel more connections will appear..

I don't know of a site that has daily positions, but will look for one. Likely one someplace. I do have a 2005 ephemeris should anyone want the positions..I could also post them..

The formula aspect should be interesting, Luna..I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

starsongs

maria42airam

I've submitted my chart in www.astro.com. Thanks Lunalafey for the information.

I have a question concerning the "true node?" How do we (or even should we) take this into account in the Astro~Twist?

lunalafey

oh- thanks for the link.....I'm going to put it at the top of this thread with all the other information & links & such...

True Node is one of those astological points that I have not gone near.
Should it be worked into the twist? sure, if you understand it....lol....
Again, for me, I am only looking at these 'finer points' of the chart when they have a connection that stands out....for a true node- I'd do some study if I pulled the Moon card or the High Priestess in the sign that the node is in...something like that...

lunalafey

So how is everyone doing with this?
need help?
White Raven has finished & so have I {for our first phase}

Mooncat & WalesWoman are neck and neck, finished with the 7th house.
Everyone see Maria24airam's presentation. She has some good reference sites.

I'm doing some edit/organizing of the links through out this thread and putting information at the top.
Let me know if I miss something or if there is something else to add.

maria42airam

It's going slowly for me. Partly because I'm very new to astrology; partly because I love doing research and partly due to all the extra holiday activities, but I'm really enjoying it and I feel like I'm learning a lot!

By the way, I found quite a bit of information on the true node. Of course since that was the focus of the pages, they felt that the true node is the key element in astrology (I've read the same about the ascendant on pages dedicated to that). But it did explain a lot about myself!